PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest surprise is Bailey not making it , best punter IMO.

I’m upset with Jamie not making it. But Hightower really was the one who stole his spot so ehh.

poor Brady, isn’t he one Or two pro bowls from the all time record?

Surprised 2 didn't make:
- Jamie Collins
- Jake Bailey

The pro bowl itself is a joke but its still cool as a fan to see your players get picked.

its a bummer jules probably wont ever make it but the offense has been so awful and hes had his troubles with drops so i understand it

the only one that kinda bothers me is Peters over JC Jackson just off name recognition. JC has the lowest passer rating allowed of any corner and 5 INTs for the leagues best defense

maybe if the cincy game had happened a couple weeks sooner that wouldve gotten him in

Good post

Reputation. Allen has been a multi-time pro bowler already and is viewed as a number 1 receiver whereas edelman has never made it and is viewed as a slot guy. Not saying its right by any means, but thats sadly how it works
So who gets all pro (1st/2nd)? Jules needs one to have a chance at the hall. Looks like more players are coming around to respecting his toughness.

Jamie Collins is massively overrated.

Sad Edelman didn’t make it; he finally had the numbers and besides Hopkins there wasn’t a standout WR. Landry???

Kyle Van Noy an actual snub here (even Hightower didn’t deserve it over KVN.).

McCourty is also a bad snub.

I don’t know if Bailey deserved it just because I don’t really know how good these other guys are, but he is having a pro bowl worthy season.

Same goes for Thuney. Just don’t know the guard competition good enough but he seems very deserving. Probably better for the Pats in contract negotiations.

Pathetic display of name recognition and popularity as always. It use to primarily apply to OL where there aren’t as many easy to find stats for casual fans who make up the majority of voters to key in on, but now it’s clear other positions are chosen based on yesteryears production as well.

Yeah, it’s “just the Pro Bowl”, but the fact someone like Edelman has never made one is asinine. Meanwhile, when injuries, players declining the invitation, and those going to the Super Bowl is factored in, guys who are the 7th or 8th best at their position in the conference end up making it. Andy F’ing Dalton has gone to three (all as an alternate)

Van Noy, Guy, Edelman, and McCourty are the Patriots snubs. Van Noy has been better than Hightower this season. Guy was never going to make it, run stoppers don't get voted in, but he belongs.

At least Gilmore and Slater made it.

Van Noy, Guy, Edelman, and McCourty are the Patriots snubs. Van Noy has been better than Hightower this season. Guy was never going to make it, run stoppers don't get voted in, but he belongs.

Agree. Very good post, along with @Ice_Ice_Brady. Thuney should also be in.

Someone posted Keenan Allen versus Edelman but it's tough to argue Allen, Hopkins, and Hill don't belong. Yes, Hill was hurt, but he's the engine that makes that Chiefs offense go. It's Landry who's the real headscratcher. Landry has a 60% catch rate and 20 fewer receptions and 1 fewer touchdown (without missing any games) than Edelman.

Honestly, the AFC secondary could have just been Patriots (Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, McCourty, Chung) and I don't think anyone could complain about snubs. If anything, Jackson and Jones are probably a bit overshadowed by Gilmore's towering heights, but we're talking two other guys who are probably top-5 corners.

Last edited:
Honestly, the AFC secondary could have just been Patriots (Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, McCourty, Chung) and I don't think anyone could complain about snubs. If anything, Jackson and Jones are probably a bit overshadowed by Gilmore's towering heights, but we're talking two other guys who are probably top-5 corners.
It's ridiculous that 3 Ravens' secondary members were selected (Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Earl Thomas) while the far and away best passing D only has one.

It's ridiculous that 3 Ravens' secondary members were selected (Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Earl Thomas) while the far and away best passing D only has one.
Thomas shouldn't have made it over DMC. Our secondary got a raw deal big time.

Thuney has a case but tough to argue Nelson, Yanda & DeCastro I guess. He's been a top 5 G in the AFC for 2 years. Probably top 10-12 all together. NFC is loaded at the position

Humphrey and Thomas aren't anything special, either.

In other Boston connections, former BC guy Justin Simmons might be the best safety in the league and he didn't make it.

Anyone actually watch the pro bowl?

Edelman not getting in surprised me, hes carrying the offense, I'm sure he'd rather have Super Bowl MVPs but still should have got in.

I remember when CJ Mosley would get voted in over Hightower in past years. Hilarious to me. Mosley is not better than Hightower. The latter takes on way more responsibility and as proven in the postseasons, he's way more of a gamer than Mosley is. Heck, Baltimore walked from Mosley on price, but also because he was a liability in coverage (not saying Hightower is great in coverage, but he's not worse than Mosley).

Basically, Pitt and Baltimore get these nods all the time and NE has better players most of the time.

It's all because their media contingents prop their players up, while our media here disrespects and tears the players down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back