PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players (merged many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players

Peyton Hillis = total snub!

Agreed: Merriwther and Mankins? Joke. Anyone who holds out on their own for the length of time he did just should never make the Pro Bowl, there should be some sort of "unwritten rule" about that. Ahh well. Just more leverage for him at the negotiating table after the season...

Wait, Hillis didn't make it?:eek:

Re: 6 Patriots named to AFC Pro Bowl team, tied for 4th most in franchise history.

Lets see. 07 a few snaps here and there in 3 playoff games. 08 none. 09 one and he took a bad angle and let Ray Rice run all the way to Wrentham.

I am not underestimating Meriweather. I am saying he is not better than Rodney Harrison and I am saying he is not better than arguably the best defensive players in the NFL the last 4 years.

Are you sure you are talking about the right Brandon Meriweather?

You know there were other guys on D that missed Rice, right?

(I am not saying I agree with the other stuff...better than James or Rodney Harrison? Ridiculous)

Re: 6 Patriots named to AFC Pro Bowl team, tied for 4th most in franchise history.

Lets see. 07 a few snaps here and there in 3 playoff games. 08 none. 09 one and he took a bad angle and let Ray Rice run all the way to Wrentham.

I am not underestimating Meriweather. I am saying he is not better than Rodney Harrison and I am saying he is not better than arguably the best defensive players in the NFL the last 4 years.

Are you sure you are talking about the right Brandon Meriweather?

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you don't believe what a big hit can do, watch welker catch a pass near james Harrison.....Now do you see my point?

The reason he got voted here is because of his heavy hitter reputation and nothing else. I never said he was better...........but he is known as dirty like them.

Last edited:

Meriweather is in as a free safety. Other than Reed, who's clearly been better than he has at that position in the AFC?

Eric Weddle, Kendrick Lewis, the latter of whom is a rookie. You can even mention Berry who has flitted between both positions.

I have no hate for Meriweather, but his selection is pretty mind-boggling.

Meriwther isn't even the best Safety on the Patriots never mind the whole AFC.

They never put RTs on but Volmer desrved it over Mankins.

When I heard six were picked: I had Vollmer rated in Top 8: Brady, Wilfolk, Mayo, McCourty, Welker, Light, Mankins and Vollmer. Then went with Brady, Wilfolk, Mayo, McCourty, Welker & Mankins. Had Koppen #9 with Brandon Merimeather in Top 20.

Wait, Hillis didn't make it?:eek:

MJD, Arian Foster, and Jamal (6.5 YPC or whatever it is) Charles.

It might seem a snub, but look at who was chosen ahead of him. He's a victim of the numbers game.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The reason he got voted here is because of his heavy hitter reputation and nothing else. I never said he was better...........but he is known as dirty like them.

You just described Rodney Harrison. He was voted one of the dirtiest players in the league almost every year. Kurt Warner owes his run with STL to Rodney. Rodney was one of the hardest hitters in the league his whole career.

You know there were other guys on D that missed Rice, right?

Well aware. Bad angles and Meri go hand and hand is my point.

(I am not saying I agree with the other stuff...better than James or Rodney Harrison? Ridiculous)

I don't know what else to say...

Eric Weddle, Kendrick Lewis, the latter of whom is a rookie. You can even mention Berry who has flitted between both positions.

I have no hate for Meriweather, but his selection is pretty mind-boggling.

Michael Griffin perhaps.

MJD, Arian Foster, and Jamal (6.5 YPC or whatever it is) Charles.

It might seem a snub, but look at who was chosen ahead of him. He's a victim of the numbers game.

I guess you're right. It's still very shocking. I didn't know the RB position was so deep in the AFC (talent).

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you don't believe what a big hit can do, watch welker catch a pass near james Harrison.....Now do you see my point?

You were just saying that Rodney Harrison has basically done nothing in the regular season.

I have come to the conclusion that you have never seen Rodney Harrison play.

Last edited:

How many big plays did Rodney give the pats? Excluding the 1 superbowl, name me 1 big rodney had other than being posterized by that guy i can't even remember?

Merriweather is the pats james harrison.

It's not often that I read a post that angers me the way this one did. Dude, you have no clue waht you are takling about. Questioning Rodney's contributions on this site is unacceptable. The guy is one of the alltime Patriot greats. End of story. You do not know what you are talking about.

It's not often that I read a post that angers me the way this one did. Dude, you have no clue waht you are takling about. Questioning Rodney's contributions on this site is unacceptable. The guy is one of the alltime Patriot greats. End of story. You do not know what you are talking about.

Yeah, I pretty much said the same thing a few pages back. It's uttely ridiculous.

MANKINS ??????

Didn't he play just a few games ??????

That's what I was thinking. I mean, it's great for him that he's played so well in the short time he's been in that he got voted in over guys who played the whole season, but :confused:

Personally, I didn't bother to vote this year. I haven't for a couple years now.

Mods,

Please calm down with your thread merge power.

Would have been nice to see a seperate thread about the actual probowl results instead of sifting through this mish mash of "guess the voting", "meriweather made it", "probowl results" and any other thing related to the probowl.

Sometimes it is ok if related threads stay separate.

How many big plays did Rodney give the pats? Excluding the 1 superbowl, name me 1 big rodney had other than being posterized by that guy i can't even remember?

facepalm.gif

Mods,

Please calm down with your thread merge power.

Would have been nice to see a seperate thread about the actual probowl results instead of sifting through this mish mash of "guess the voting", "meriweather made it", "probowl results" and any other thing related to the probowl.

Sometimes it is ok if related threads stay separate.

I second this.

The self appointed Coolguy ain't so cool

stretch_clown.jpg

You were just saying that Rodney Harrison has basically done nothing in the regular season.

I have come to the conclusion that you have never seen Rodney Harrison play.

I was at the afc championship game in Pittsburgh lol

In rodneys 6 years as a pat he has got 8 interceptions 6 FUMBLES
IN MERRIWEATHERS 4 years as a pat he has 12 interceptions 5 fumbles

Not calling him great, but you pats fans are way too hard on him.

He's way better than eugene wilson ever was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents