PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players (merged many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 6 Patriots named to AFC Pro Bowl team, tied for 4th most in franchise history.

I was at the afc championship game in Pittsburgh lol

In rodneys 6 years as a pat he has got 8 interceptions 6 FUMBLES
IN MERRIWEATHERS 4 years as a pat he has 12 interceptions 5 fumbles

Not calling him great, but you pats fans are way too hard on him.

He's way better than eugene wilson ever was

This is the same board that defended Laurence Maroney and Derrick Burgess till the day they left. Derrick Burgess on this team was one of the worst players I have ever seen play in the NFL.

If this board, this board won't defend a guy, then that's all you need to know. This year, Meriweather has stunk. He takes bad angles and the big INTs are far outnumbered by the big plays he allows.

Re: Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players

Not to get away from this thread but how the hell does Aaron Rodgers not make the pro bowl?

Eli Manning 24 INTs
Drew Brees 21 INTs - Probowl
Brett Favre 19 INTs
Chad Henne 18 INTs
Carson Palmer 18 INTs
Peyton Manning 17 INTs -Probowl
Matt Hasselback 17 INTs

Nice.

Re: 6 Patriots named to AFC Pro Bowl team, tied for 4th most in franchise history.

Meriweather isn't horrible but he is not great either...at times it seems that he has no idea of how to tackle and just tries to lunge at a receiver hoping to knock him down instead of wrapping him up,that is his biggest struggle

I have no doubts in my mind that Meriweather has watched Polamalu on film millions of times and is trying to play with reckless abandon like Troy does....problem is Troy flies around AND tackles the player to get him down,Meriweather has not done that consistently yet.

Int's aren't everything..... But since you brought it up, Rodney Harrison is 1 of only 2 players in the history of the nfl with 30 ints and 30 sacks. I believe the other is Ray lewis.

Int's aren't everything..... But since you brought it up, Rodney Harrison is 1 of only 2 players in the history of the nfl with 30 ints and 30 sacks. I believe the other is Ray lewis.

Charles Woodson? Didn't research, but I think it's weird if he doesnt have 30 sacks and 20 picks.

I'm glad you were at the game. I've been to a bunch of playoff games too. That is irrelevant to the discussion.

You do realize that RH played SS and BW plays FS, right? That means RH played closer to the line where BW is used more to dart into passing lanes and play deep. BW is very good at anticipation and had decent hands. But as a hit stick and a menace to receivers, he is developing a reputation but he still isn't even close to RH.

We are hard on him because he freelances too much which has been a problem with the coaching staff. He also has a propensity to take bad angles on ball carriers and doesn't wrap up tacklers.

Geno Wilson and BW had very similar statistics in their first two full seasons as a starter. Thats a toss-up. People forget how good Geno was. Injuries, ego and work ethic got him a ticket out of here.

Last edited:

Can someone please post a link with the alternates? I think they're already out.

Not to get away from this thread but how the hell does Aaron Rodgers not make the pro bowl?

I was blown away by that. He has carried the Pack this year.

Eli Manning 24 INTs
Drew Brees 21 INTs - Probowl
Brett Favre 19 INTs
Chad Henne 18 INTs
Carson Palmer 18 INTs
Peyton Manning 17 INTs -Probowl
Matt Hasselback 17 INTs

Nice.

I guess I haven't been paying sttention to the Saints because I didn't realize that Brees had so many INT's.

Charles Woodson? Didn't research, but I think it's weird if he doesnt have 30 sacks and 20 picks.

12.5 sacks 47 INTs.

I'm glad you were at the game. I've been to a bunch of playoff games too. That is irrelevant to the discussion.

You do realize that RH played SS and BW plays FS, right? That means RH played closer to the line where BW is used more to dart into passing lanes and play deep. BW is very good at anticipation and had decent hands. But as a hit stick and a menace to receivers, he is developing a reputation but he still isn't even close to RH.

We are hard on him because he freelances too much which has been a problem with the coaching staff. He also has a propensity to take bad angles on ball carriers and doesn't wrap up tacklers.
In 2003 and 2004, Geno Wilson and BW had very similar statistics in their first two full seasons as a starter.

I don't disagree with anything you've pointed out. What I do question is why you're wasting your time and research on someone who SO OBVIOUSLY doesn't know what he's talking about as it related to Rodney Harrison.

This is the same board that defended Laurence Maroney and Derrick Burgess till the day they left. Derrick Burgess on this team was one of the worst players I have ever seen play in the NFL.

If this board, this board won't defend a guy, then that's all you need to know. This year, Meriweather has stunk. He takes bad angles and the big INTs are far outnumbered by the big plays he allows.

Wow, a few plays and dude is a bum lol

Knowing sports fans, one interception or fumble in the playoffs and you will trip over each other trying to kiss his ass.

Oh, and got that those stats i mention and was voted to the pro bowl even though bill only uses him in 80% of the snaps.

I don't disagree with anything you've pointed out. What I do question is why you're wasting your time and research on someone who SO OBVIOUSLY doesn't know what he's talking about as it related to Rodney Harrison.

Good question, PatsBoy. I should have put him on ignore from the get-go.

How is Matt Cassel not on the PB team? What a joke.

How is Matt Cassel not on the PB team? What a joke.

I don't think MC is a better QB, but you could make a strong argument that he had a better year than PM.

Last edited:

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you don't believe what a big hit can do, watch welker catch a pass near james Harrison.....Now do you see my point?

The reason he got voted here is because of his heavy hitter reputation and nothing else. I never said he was better...........but he is known as dirty like them.

Wow, i call a guy a hard hitting dirty safety and i get this from jackasses. Oh well............

I stand corrected. I thought only Big Vince and Brady would make it. Congrats to all the Pats who made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe