PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players (merged many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 6 Patriots named to AFC Pro Bowl team, tied for 4th most in franchise history.

I think Chung is more deserving than Merriweather.

Re: 6 Patriots named to AFC Pro Bowl team, tied for 4th most in franchise history.

to echo others sentiments Chung has had a better year then Merriweather so that is a bit BS but oh well congrats to them all.

Jarrad Page has had a better year than Meriweather.

All very deserving other than Meriweather. What a joke!! When a chump like Meriweather makes it then you see just how lame the whole thing is.

Re: Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players

No, it shows that the rest of the NFL world know nothing about the Patriots.

No coincidence that Sanders gets ill and Meriweather gets more play and has to help Arrington with his double coverage. Arrington promptly concedes 3 big plays in that half.

He really is horrible. I'd say he's playing Deltha O'Neal horrible right now.

Yeah, obviously the players and coaches know nothing. :rolleyes:

Meriweather is much better than the "31 Iz SUK" brigade at PatsFans.com gives him credit for. Get over it, haters.

I'm not into the Meriweather hate, just like I wasn't into the Mayo hate last year, but his selection is a head-scratcher.

Meriweather........:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

Merriwether?????????

Is that a joke????

Good news is maybe that will mean BB can get more for him in the offseason in a trade!

How's the Redskins' 1st rounder look?

Meriweather hasn't had a Pro Bowl year, but it just goes to show that he's better than a lot of the usual suspects around here would give him credit for.

Merriweather was in it before so there may be one part reputation at work here. But, with how hard he hits, I'm sure his vote in is a reflection of how other players/coaches feel.

As we watch every game his mistakes add up for us and maybe they are a bit magnified by that reaction. (Granted he's has his share of issues but the hard hits have to count for something).

Re: Pro Bowl voting & Patriot players

No, it shows that the rest of the NFL world know nothing about the Patriots.

No coincidence that Sanders gets ill and Meriweather gets more play and has to help Arrington with his double coverage. Arrington promptly concedes 3 big plays in that half.

He really is horrible. I'd say he's playing Deltha O'Neal horrible right now.

This is far more a reflection on your analysis skills than on the "rest of the NFL world".

I'm not into the Meriweather hate, just like I wasn't into the Mayo hate last year, but his selection is a head-scratcher.

I don't recall any great Mayo hate last year. Most folks knew he was hurt and not himself all year long.
Meriweather has no such excuse. He's simply the Patriots version of the Oz' Scarecrow, not a functioning brain cell to be found.

Meriweather doesn't deserve to play in this game but I dare someone to honestly justify Mankins getting selected.

lol, what a f--cking joke.

What I find interesting is that the offense has been tearing the league up, and gets 2. While the defense has been a big question mark all season, and still now, and gets 4?

I also really wanted Gronk.

So glad for mayo and mccourty. Good to see mccourty especially, getting recognition. What a pick he turned out to be. I cannot wait to see what he does next year. It could be incredible.

And what Brady has done this year is unreal. I know the guy doesn't care, but as a fan I'm gonna be excited for his near perfection.

I am just happy to see McCourty up there. It's unbelievable to think he's a pro bowler after the initial reaction of him being drafted. I remember I was like "McCourty? what the hell?".

Cool stuff.

Chung is the safety that should have made the PB. I am also shocked that Gronk didn't make it. I am not surprised about Welker. I hope those left off use it as motivation of sorts moving forward.

No Gronkowski ?? :confused:

Popularity contests don't impress me.....and seeing Meriweather there is a head scratcher also.....

Props to Devin.....another Ty Law in the making !! :rocker:

Merriwether?????????

Is that a joke????

Good news is maybe that will mean BB can get more for him in the offseason in a trade!

How's the Redskins' 1st rounder look?

Is this a joke??

Out of the patriots defenders merriwether is the most feared by receivers in terms of the big hit.

Receivers are afraid of going up the middle because of him

BANG CLOCK FTW!!!!!!!!!
YouTube - Brandon Meriweather Likes the Big Bang Clock

Meriweather is now tied with Rodney Harrison for Pro Bowl selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes