PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction: The Pats' Pass Defense is About to Go From Terrible to Very Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not BB the coach who needs to go its BB the GM who has wasted tons of draft picks on guys that can't play! Im watching the game saying our guys are being blanketed and their guys are wide open. The problem is the Pats don't have the talent to play man to man and everyone knows it!

Maybe Talib makes a differencem but that was terrible cover and tackling today.

THAT'S THE THING!!!!! they have darted good on defense, but all of them are under performing.....except for jones

everyone here can't see it......the pats would be screwed in any other division

It's not that everyone here can't see it. It's that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Shanahan was 24-24 in his last 3 seasons with the Broncos. Belichick is 33-8 in his last 2+ seasons, and is coming off Super Bowl appearance.

And the idea that the Patriots would be "screwed" in any other division is laughable.

I don't know how much one guy (Talib) changes this D. Dennard looked awful today and the pass rush is sporadic and way too little too often. We are getting about 2 or 3 good series from this D per game and that will not cut it. We will probably win the division, but the AFCE is terrible this year. I do not know how the rest of the season will shape up for this D, but my expectations are not high. At this point, I predict an early playoff exit.

Come on guys. He tried to stay positive and hopes for improvement. FFS Talib didn't even play today. They aren't this bad, even for their standards that was seriously bad. I'll give him some more games for his predicition. Hell he called that Talib trade and there were many doubting him ... We all know how that one ended

It's not that everyone here can't see it. It's that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Shanahan was 24-24 in his last 3 seasons with the Broncos. Belichick is 33-8 in his last 2+ seasons, and is coming off Super Bowl appearance.

And the idea that the Patriots would be "screwed" in any other division is laughable.

That's because of brady!!!!!

If brady wasn't the qb would the pats even make the playoffs? Answer that question with sincerity.

bill is suppose to be the greatest defensive mind in football.

Last edited:
That's because of brady!!!!!

If brady wasn't the qb would the pats even make the playoffs? Answer that question with sincerity.

It's a ridiculous question, because the team is built around Brady. If Brady goes down, the team is screwed. That doesn't mean BB is losing it. If LeBron James goes down, the Heat aren't winning the NBA title, either. That doesn't make his coach better or worse. It just is.

...bill is suppose to be the greatest defensive mind in football.

And...?

Coming into today, the Patriots were 12th in the league in points allowed, despite having a terrible secondary. It's one thing to talk about the secondary needing to be fixed. It's something completely different when you make the sort of claim you did.

Come on guys. He tried to stay positive and hopes for improvement. FFS Talib didn't even play today. They aren't this bad, even for their standards that was seriously bad. I'll give him some more games for his predicition. Hell he called that Talib trade and there were many doubting him ... We all know how that one ended

The premise of the OP was that by the end of the regular season the pass defense would be significantly improved. It was explicitly stated that it would take time, that there would be bumps, and that Talib was a key component of the equation. Significant improvement for the Bills game was never part of the prediction, because not enough of the changes underlying the hypotheses had occurred. So I'm not surprised.

It's a ridiculous question, because the team is built around Brady. If Brady goes down, the team is screwed. That doesn't mean BB is losing it. If LeBron James goes down, the Heat aren't winning the NBA title, either. That doesn't make his coach better or worse. It just is.

It's not ridiculous to say bill is relying on brady skills to win football games .

NFL is different because like Giselle "tom can't play defense or catch the ball''"

Last edited:
Talking about firing Belichick is beyond ridiculous, but I do think we need to bring in a defensive mind with another philosophy in next season. What Bill is coaching them to do isn't working, his gameplans aren't working, his draft picks in the secondary aren't working. It's time for a new perspective on that side of the ball.
You're right but there's no way he will admit he needs outside help.

That's exactly the truth. Bill isn't going to bring someone in to fix this mess.

Ugh, do you always go make these crazy rants??

How have you lasted 2 years here?? :confused:

It's not ridiculous to say bill is relying on brady skills to win football games .

NFL is different because like Giselle "tom can't play defense or catch the ball''"

What's ridiculous is your earlier post:

hof coach Mike shanahan stayed too long as the head coach and schemes became outdated.

The patriots are going through the same thing.

What's ridiculous is your earlier post:

You don't think reputation and history is the only think keeping bill his job? That's exactly made mike keep his job for so long.

That's the comparison i was trying to make, but it came out wrong.

Last edited:
You don't think reputation and history is the only think keeping bill his job?

Yeah most coaches who lead their team to the playoffs all but 3 seasons (and almost made it in 2 of those 3) over more than a decade are just coasting.

This is a coach who got this team to the SB last year. You're either willfully ignorant or a bad troll. I'm hoping for the latter.

You don't think reputation and history is the only think keeping bill his job? That's exactly made mike keep his job for so long.

That's the comparison i was trying to make, but it came out wrong.

You're posting drivel.

Yeah most coaches who lead their team to the playoffs all but 3 seasons (and almost made it in 2 of those 3) over more than a decade are just coasting.

This is a coach who got this team to the SB last year. You're either willfully ignorant or a bad troll. I'm hoping for the latter.

WHAT?? The patriots have turned into the dungy colts....Brady is leading this team to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back