PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction – Bye Week Trade Coming…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't jason McCourty hurt? Also not that this would have any impact but marcus cooper is an ahole

He's expected back after the bye week (also week 4 for the Titans), after having groin surgery.

If Amendola's any measuring stick there, he won't be 100% for a while.

Besides, Jason McCourty, DO NOT WANT.

Joe Haden. Just him. Unless you can somehow talk Arizona out of Patrick Peterson, although that's pretty unlikely.

The Browns would not part with Haden for anything less than a first round pick. It is not happening, simple as that. They are also building toward something, they aren't going to jettison big talent.

We need to look at teams that are in a firesale mode. Like the Saints.

The Browns would not part with Haden for anything less than a first round pick. It is not happening, simple as that. They are also building toward something, they aren't going to jettison big talent.

I simply don't think offloading Keenan Lewis is a win for the Saints, and I can't think of any other team with a good CB(s) in "fire sale" mode.

The Saints have nothing worthwhile.

I would trade a 1st round pick for Joe Haden, in a heartbeat. As far as I'm concerned, you get him for 4 more years, and you'd draft him in the first round if you could....which you can't this year anyway.

I mean, it's not like he's 32, he's only 26.

The Browns aren't building toward ****. They're going to suck again this year, and the coaches and GM will all be blown out of there.

You can sell "freeing up cap space to sign big FAs next year" to those fans.

You should put this in your signature, so we can reference it more easily every time it gets brought up.

That's not meant to come off as a douche to anyone who believes otherwise, but I've just never understood all the hype over adding a major salary for an average to good player. I suppose it's due to the somewhat limited market of viable options at the position of CB.

Hard to take any of your posts as "coming off as a douche", Supa, you're one of the most level-headed and reasonable posters around here.

I simply don't think offloading Keenan Lewis is a win for the Saints, and I can't think of any other team with a good CB(s) in "fire sale" mode.

They are in trouble. Why not? Rebuilt. Its just not the same team anymore. Keenan would look nice in a pats uniform

They are in trouble. Why not? Rebuilt. Its just not the same team anymore. Keenan would look nice in a pats uniform

Keenan Lewis is like, the only good player they have on the team that's cheap. They're in cap hell. Lewis is staying and everyone else goes.

Keenan Lewis is like, the only good player they have on the team that's cheap. They're in cap hell. Lewis is staying and everyone else goes.

They ain't winning anytime soon. Cap hell means rebuilding. You wonder just how much brees has left.

The Saints have nothing worthwhile.

I would trade a 1st round pick for Joe Haden, in a heartbeat. As far as I'm concerned, you get him for 4 more years, and you'd draft him in the first round if you could....which you can't this year anyway.

I mean, it's not like he's 32, he's only 26.

The Browns aren't building toward ****. They're going to suck again this year, and the coaches and GM will all be blown out of there.

You can sell "freeing up cap space to sign big FAs next year" to those fans.

We don't have a first round pick to trade. Kind of a problem. No way, no way in hell, Bill would go 2 years without a 1st rounder. So does he finagle Jimmy and Mayo into one with magic trade voodoo? I don't know. But I doubt it.

They ain't winning anytime soon. Cap hell means rebuilding. You wonder just how much brees has left.

Not much.

The point is, Lewis is like, what, 23? On his rookie contract.

There are literally no other good players on the team that young, or that good. They will get rid of every other player on that team before they get rid of Keenan Lewis.

Trading your only good, young, cheap player - for a team that needs about 15 more of them - would be career suicide, and would make absolutely no sense, whether you're rebuilding or trying to escape cap jail. Either way, you keep Lewis. There is literally no scenario where you'd trade him, unless you were getting like, Odell Beckham and Rueben Randle and a pick from the Giants, or something.

We don't have a first round pick to trade. Kind of a problem. No way, no way in hell, Bill would go 2 years without a 1st rounder. So does he finagle Jimmy and Mayo into one with magic trade voodoo? I don't know. But I doubt it.
If Joe Haden's the first rounder? I think he might. It's still one of the youngest if not THE youngest team in the league. You've got Jones, Hightower and Collins all coming up for contracts next year.

If there's ever a scenario where you'd go 2 years without a first round pick, this would be the scenario where it won't hurt you.

Also, do you think he really wouldn't trade for a first rounder at some point?

If you can hit on a first round pick they are worth their weight in gold due to the rookie salaries. You can't get value anywhere near that otherwise.

If you can hit on a first round pick they are worth their weight in gold due to the rookie salaries. You can't get value anywhere near that otherwise.
Joe Haden's one of the top 4 or 5 CBs in the league, and is just now entering his prime.

You can't draft that guy.

Not much.

The point is, Lewis is like, what, 23? On his rookie contract.

There are literally no other good players on the team that young, or that good. They will get rid of every other player on that team before they get rid of Keenan Lewis.

Trading your only good, young, cheap player - for a team that needs about 15 more of them - would be career suicide, and would make absolutely no sense, whether you're rebuilding or trying to escape cap jail. Either way, you keep Lewis. There is literally no scenario where you'd trade him, unless you were getting like, Odell Beckham and Rueben Randle and a pick from the Giants, or something.

Are we still talking about Saints CB Keenan Lewis? Although I agree with some of what you're saying, Lewis is actually 29, almost 29 1/2. To take it one step further, he has cap hits of 6.3m dollars in 2016 and 9.1m dollars in 2017, so he's hardly "cheap."

The problem is that they just restructured him not too long ago, so he's probably not going anywhere. Isn't there a limit for one restructure per calendar year or something? I'm not sure, but it sounds familiar.

I'm guessing that if Belichick didn't show much interest in FA a season or two ago, he's not too interested. New Orleans initially signed him from Pittsburgh at a reasonable new pact--5/26. I'm not sure how much that changed when he held out and the Saints caved in for more money/different terms.

Isn't jason McCourty hurt? Also not that this would have any impact but marcus cooper is an ahole

Revis and Talib weren't "aholes"? I don't really care. This isn't the Miss Congeniality portion of a beauty pageant. :rolleyes:

Jason McCourty is all sorts of suck this year.
Why if we could ever get him the time is now.
Im willing to bet if Devin and Jason are on the same side of the field its not even fair.

Also imagine the endorsements they would receive being on the same team

Joe Haden's one of the top 4 or 5 CBs in the league, and is just now entering his prime.

You can't draft that guy.
And the Browns will be looking to trade him because....?

I would welcome a power back, Blount got his TD's yesterday and that's nice but looking ahead to the playoffs, against better defenses I don't want that pass pass pass game plan again.

Lewis looks nice running and catching passes, White is getting a few touches too, I don't know, I like Blount, but he is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back