Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which Rookie QB Will the Pats Take in the 2018 Draft?

• Baker Mayfield

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Chase Litton

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Josh Allen

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Josh Rosen

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Kurt Benkert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Lauletta

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Lamar Jackson

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Luke Falk

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Mason Rudolph

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Sam Darnold

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I saw Mason Rudolph play live this past year and had a weird feeling he ends up in a Pats uniform.

That is my pick.

I have no idea what these guys' skillsets are so it'd be a shot in the dark for me but whoever is available for NE's first or second 2nd rounder that is the smartest with the quickest release will probably go here

Accordingly to media outlets we have strong interest in rosen, mayfield and jackson (names seem to be added daily). so i will keep editing this list as the weeks go on to include every qb listed above...i value accuracy above all else so i lean mayfield

Mike White

I don't think there's any way they are going up for one of the 4 top guys. When have they ever leaked what they are doing or who they are interested in? I voted Lauletta. I do think they will move up and get one of the best LB or LT. Won't cost them a ton to get into the teens and get whoever is top of their draft board.

The only big move I think they might do is go get Chubb if he drops out of the top 5. Especially with Belichick telling him "no way you're there at 31 when we pick".

Lauletta, Rudolph or White.

I don't think there's any way they are going up for one of the 4 top guys. When have they ever leaked what they are doing or who they are interested in? I voted Lauletta. I do think they will move up and get one of the best LB or LT. Won't cost them a ton to get into the teens and get whoever is top of their draft board.

The only big move I think they might do is go get Chubb if he drops out of the top 5. Especially with Belichick telling him "no way you're there at 31 when we pick".
Laughing more like a grin about the Chubb comment that be awesome.

I'm guessing Lauletta, but it's only a semi-educated guess. Seems like a value proposition that's in the right range, not over-valued so won't go too high on the board. And he has the pedigree to appeal to BB bigtime.

Laughing more like a grin about the Chubb comment that be awesome.
Well, that would be a Belichickian move.

*deadpans* we knew he wouldn't be there at 31, so we went and got him. Just trying to field the best team possible.

I would love Lauletta - as a Hoyer replacement but no more.

I'll go with Jackson in a small trade up. But if we're assured of Brady playing at least two more years (barring injury) I would be fine waiting until the 4th or 5th round (I assume we'll fill the mid round pick hole), take a shot with someone like White or Litton and revisit QB next year if it doesn't work out. I'd be OK with Rudolph in the first as long as we're OK with the small hands (admittedly they're only slightly smaller than JG and White but they are small).

I chose Rosen but I really have no clue because I don’t know if B.B. would do a wentz like deal to move up. That was a crazy amount to move up. The eagles may regret all that at some point

I chose Rosen but I really have no clue because I don’t know if B.B. would do a wentz like deal to move up. That was a crazy amount to move up. The eagles may regret all that at some point

I don’t think the eagles will ever regret trading up for Wentz. Wentz got them the 1 seed last year, which put them in position to win the team’s first super bowl. :(

It's not going to be Lauletta. Almost every year, there's a guy who is "a perfect Patriot type", and the Patriots proceed to take someone who wasn't even on our radar.

Remember the Tom Savage hype? I certainly do, but I don't remember any Garoppolo hype (pre-draft, that is).

Keenan Reynolds is the next guy who comes to mind.

I think some of you think BB cares more about the Navy/lacrosse more than he actually does.

I don’t think the eagles will ever regret trading up for Wentz. Wentz got them the 1 seed last year, which put them in position to win the team’s first super bowl. :(

That’s true but. He was not available for the super bowl. Later they give up more picks from this year and next. So they mortgaged the future for him. May work out for them but might hurt at some point too. It’s a lot of picks

mayfieldgrab.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back