PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pounceys wear "Free Hernandez" caps

Back in the day we could root for our guys never

really knowing that outside of the game they were complete morons. :p

in other news the pouncys were outraged that zimmerman was found not guilty.

Stupid, inexplicable move. Surely they knew that pic was ending up on the Internet, right? They could have worn Pol Pot caps and Hitler T-shirts, and they would have looked only marginally worse in the public's eye.

The other thing I keep thinking is: do the Pounceys actually believe he is innocent? Or is this just (ill-advised) support for a college buddy? (Or maybe a terrible joke?) No matter how you slice it, it's hard to fathom.

They're allowed to think and say that someone awaiting trial is innocent, you uptight nitwits.

Just because we disagree doesn't make their stance offensive.

They work in the public eye. People pay them as entertainers. The Rooneys and Joe Robbie might talk to them about the Steeler/Dolphin brand.

BTW, those uptight nitwits are allowed to think that is stupid - or do you believe the first amendment only applies to centers?:)

two more thugs that will never learn....

two more thugs that will never learn

sounds like a rap group...

Yep. I have friends too that made mistakes and I stood by them...

...however... none of them were arrested for murder, being investigated for another double murder in a drive by, and are being sued for shooting yet another guy in the face.

I tend to do better choosing my friends though. Agreed on the hat thing though.

Yeah I fortunately I've never been faced with the decision of standing by an alleged murderer either. I do have an appreciation for loyalty though. Like I said they can support there friend, he's going to need. But supporting someone doesn't mean you condone what they did. I've had friends go to jail, I've visited but never did I say I agreed with what they did or that they didn't deserve to be in there. What these guys did was basically imply that they held their friend above the law, that's a problem.

What these guys did was basically imply that they held their friend above the law, that's a problem.

sorta like following a certain PLAYER around from team to team and holding that player above the team...hmmmmm...sounds awfully familiar...

Thanks for update Ian!

I find amusing how he is acting as if he made a mistake in the moment. I don't go to the mall often but I'm pretty sure you can't just pick up a free Hernandez hat at your local Lids. They obviously had these made, and planning went into it.

This is a clear case of first degree stupidity :)

What these guys did was basically imply that they held their friend above the law, that's a problem.

sorta like following a certain PLAYER around from team to team and holding that player above the team...hmmmmm...sounds awfully familiar...

With roughly 2880 players currently on a NFL roster it's only logical to focus on just one player.

We should join an Eagles forum and talk about how Pat Chung's treatment last season was an injustice. We can compare him to Ronnie Lott and say how BB is an awful coach and was scared to start Chung over Gregory because we would've won the Super Bowl. Are first order of business will be petitioning the members to strip LeSean McCoy of the number #25 and return it to its rightful owner Pat Chung.

I feel Aaron Hernandez deserves life in prison. He might have not pulled the trigger, but he was involved in some way. He's looking at at least 6 years just on weapons charges. So I strongly believe he will get at least a few years. However, he should get life in prison. Shame on the Pouncey twins for standing behind someone who was some way involved in this murder. Condolences to the Odin Loyd family.

I feel Aaron Hernandez deserves life in prison. He might have not pulled the trigger, but he was involved in some way. He's looking at at least 6 years just on weapons charges. So I strongly believe he will get at least a few years. However, he should get life in prison. Shame on the Pouncey twins for standing behind someone who was some way involved in this murder. Condolences to the Odin Loyd family.

I think an indictment might be a good next step, maybe a trial after that, and depending on how that goes I may or may not agree with your opinion of life imprisonment.

All though what you're suggesting would save some tax payers money. Selfishly I just want watch the televised trial :)

BTW, those uptight nitwits are allowed to think that is stupid - or do you believe the first amendment only applies to centers?:)

Yes, I clearly said nobody should have freedom of speech.

I think an indictment might be a good next step, maybe a trial after that, and depending on how that goes I may or may not agree with your opinion of life imprisonment.

All though what you're suggesting would save some tax payers money. Selfishly I just want watch the televised trial :)

For some strange reason I have been closely following the Hernandez case. I am interested in seeing the televised trial.

It appears as though Hernandez stuck up for the Pouncey's when a bar patron tried to steal a piece of jewelry back in college when they all played for Florida, so this is their way of showing loyalty for being a good friend and teammate.

That said, I agree that it was pretty stupid of them to draw attention to themselves in such a negative way--especially when someone lost their life.

In one form, I admire the act of loyalty for sticking with a friend through thick and thin; but in another aspect I think they should have shown it in a more private setting.

For some strange reason I have been closely following the Hernandez case. I am interested in seeing the televised trial.

Aside from seeing updates via twitter and other media outlets throughout each day, I don't think we'll be able to follow the eventual trial as closely as some may feel. I doubt it will be televised anywhere. Just an opinion though.

It appears as though Hernandez stuck up for the Pouncey's when a bar patron tried to steal a piece of jewelry back in college when they all played for Florida, so this is their way of showing loyalty for being a good friend and teammate.

That said, I agree that it was pretty stupid of them to draw attention to themselves in such a negative way--especially when someone lost their life.

In one form, I admire the act of loyalty for sticking with a friend through thick and thin; but in another aspect I think they should have shown it in a more private setting.

Loyalty is a commendable trait. As long as they don't make a mockery of a tragic event I have no issue with them standing by their friend. Make no mistake about Hernandez has nobody to blame but himself but for all intensive purposes his life as he knew is over to.

Or how bout show support for Hernandez for something GOOD that he has done or achieved etc. Like when Aaron's fiance had his baby. Maybe the Pouncey twins could have worn caps saying congrats to NEW DAD Hernandez or something. He should be ashamed of himself for standing up for his friends actions in the Odin Lloyd case. It shows a lack of respect for the Odin Lloyd family.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back