PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Reclamation Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knoshown Moreno? Coming off an ACL tear in October. He had signed a one year prove it deal with Miami and didn't prove it. He was very good with the Broncos as the Pats know first hand.

I wouldn't mind giving Richardson a shot, he can probably be had for next to nothing. The talent is there but something is just off. Maybe Ivan Fears can coach him up?

I also remember a lot of posters foaming at the mouth screaming for Rob Housler last offseason, begging for BB to trade draft capital for him. I didn't see the sense in that since he's a FA this year, but maybe signing him now on a low deal could work out.

I also think Nicks could be good but would he be an improvement over LaFell? Vaccaro might also be a nice project. Moreno might work, but he's in the same place Ridley is, and I would rather sign Ridley.

I don't think the team should waste anymore money at RB. Vereen is as good as gone with his superbowl performance.

The pats definitely dont need a third QB, and definitely not one on anything but a rookie deal.

Offensive line and defensive line are the needs imo. Low cost starters and depth needed.

Justin Hunter, Stephen Hill, Roy Helu, adding Hardy on a chance of scenery deal would be insane.
But where is the cap room?

Richardson is an enigma, truly. I mean, wtf? He's got everything, speed, size, direction...what is his problem?

Can he not follow a block? No vision?

I haven't watched him enough to know the specifics, but wow, what a bust.

Poor vision and hes overweight. I think he could be a BJGE like guy or better if he lost 15-20 lbs

There really isn't any cap room. The Pats probably won't even be able to keep all of their own free agents, nevermind going out and acquiring other teams.

The only way I see them making lots of room is doing the unthinkable and cutting Wilfork and Mayo.

Someone will probly overpay for Vereen, and denver will be a team frothing at the mouth for Ghostkowski after their kicker issues last year

Knoshown Moreno? Coming off an ACL tear in October. He had signed a one year prove it deal with Miami and didn't prove it. He was very good with the Broncos as the Pats know first hand.

Moreno was the reason the Dolphins beat us in week 1.. he completely torched our defense all game long, we had no answer for him

@caplannfl: #Colts released veteran S LaRon Landry.

Add him to the list

How about former Patriot OL Donald Thomas .. he is bound to get released very soon.

Moreno was the reason the Dolphins beat us in week 1.. he completely torched our defense all game long, we had no answer for him
This BB loves getting guys who play well against him.
Look at who he sought after, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, Jason Taylor, Roosevelt Colvin, Darelle Revis, Aquib Talib, Reggie Wayne, Emanuel Sanders, Brandon Browner, Steve Smith, Derrick Mason, Wes Welker. All these guys played well against us and then we sought after and grabbed them.
Looking at low priced names who gave it to us Knowshon has to be on the top of the list at runningback, CJ Spiller wouldn't shock me since it was said BB wanted him In the draft.
On defense Hughes always plays big against us but he isnt a dynamic player he is a one trick pony all be it a good one.
Demaryious is a pipe dream but no cap.

There really isn't any cap room. The Pats probably won't even be able to keep all of their own free agents, nevermind going out and acquiring other teams.

The only way I see them making lots of room is doing the unthinkable and cutting Wilfork and Mayo.

Someone will probly overpay for Vereen, and denver will be a team frothing at the mouth for Ghostkowski after their kicker issues last year

Where would Denver get the money to sign more big names?

The went all in last year.

Souldn't the bill be coming due to sooner rather than later?

Colts are targeting Mccourty he owned Luck.
I'd be sick if any current Patriot would sign with that franchise based off deflate gate.

Moreno and Vaccaro, but I don't see the Saints parting with Vaccaro. Richardson sucks, so does Landry, however there will be plenty more to look at inn coming months, that's why they should sign their most important FA's and worry about the average ones later.

Just say "No!" to any QBs. We won't want to give up the roster spot, and I hope Garoppolo gets the reps that Brady isn't getting.

I'm not so sure about that. Who do you replace him with?

White or gaffney. we have 5 running backs under contract for next year. not all of them are going to make the team, and none of the FA backs bring anything to the table we don't already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents