PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Reclamation Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
White or gaffney. we have 5 running backs under contract for next year. not all of them are going to make the team, and none of the FA backs bring anything to the table we don't already have.

White and Gaffney have shown, to this point, absolutely nothing. Say what you will about Vereen but he's shown a hell of a lot more than that.

Poor vision and hes overweight. I think he could be a BJGE like guy or better if he lost 15-20 lbs
I really don't see any comparison to BJGE. I think they are the complete opposites. BJGE isn't very athletic, but he has good vision to make up for that, so he can find the hole and hit it. Richardson on the other hand is very athletic, but he's pretty much blind on a football field. He just can't find the whole.

White and Gaffney have shown, to this point, absolutely nothing. Say what you will about Vereen but he's shown a hell of a lot more than that.

I'm not saying he hasn't I'm saying his play has elevated him to a contract that the patriots are not going to pay for a running back. Vereen is looking at a payday north of what woodhead got.

I really don't see any comparison to BJGE. I think they are the complete opposites. BJGE isn't very athletic, but he has good vision to make up for that, so he can find the hole and hit it. Richardson on the other hand is very athletic, but he's pretty much blind on a football field. He just can't find the whole.

They are similar because they both run like they're stuck in mud.

Lawfirm Averaged almost 4 YPC.

Richardson can barely break 2.

LawFirm career YPC: 3.9 (playing with Tom Brady and Andy Dalton).
Richardson rookie YPC (when in decent shape): 3.6 (playing with Brandon Weeden)

Like I said, he could be LawFirm like if he got back into shape. Rest assured that I think, at best, both are average to below average backs.

Colts are targeting Mccourty he owned Luck.
I'd be sick if any current Patriot would sign with that franchise based off deflate gate.

Who reported this?

Anyways they can "target" him all they want McCourty at the very least will get the franchise tag.

greg hardy on a one year deal...
Accusations don't equal guilt. I haven't followed that story too much so I'm not prepared to rule that out. Might want too much though coming off a franchise tag.

QUOTE="JMC00, post: 4125245, member: 30966"]Who reported this?

Anyways they can "target" him all they want McCourty at the very least will get the franchise tag.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense for the Colts to target some of our guys. They've got to figure out a way to play us. I can't recall a playoff team getting their arses kicked that bad 4 straight times. That said. Agree with you. At worst McCourty gets the franchise tag. Hopefully, a long-term contract.

LawFirm career YPC: 3.9 (playing with Tom Brady and Andy Dalton).
Richardson rookie YPC (when in decent shape): 3.6 (playing with Brandon Weeden)

Like I said, he could be LawFirm like if he got back into shape. Rest assured that I think, at best, both are average to below average backs.

seriously man? you are going to just cherry pick his rookie year? that's bs.

Richardsons career average is 3.3 and thats a generous 3.3

Accusations don't equal guilt. I haven't followed that story too much so I'm not prepared to rule that out. Might want too much though coming off a franchise tag.

Where there is an alleged out of court settlement there usually is a fire. If he was totally innocent I doubt he'd go for the settlement.

Why didn't Carimi work out ? I remember him being highly touted.

Where there is an alleged out of court settlement there usually is a fire. If he was totally innocent I doubt he'd go for the settlement.
A settlement is nothing more than an agreement, which in the minds of the parties, is less onerous, risky, costly, etc. than leaving it up to the courts.

She very well may have settled because her claim was baseless and wanted guaranteed money. Or he may have settled because he didn't want his name drug through the mud publicly and he did it. Or they settled for another of any number of reasons.

Where would Denver get the money to sign more big names?

The went all in last year.

Souldn't the bill be coming due to sooner rather than later?

They surprisingly still have quite a bit of cap room for 2015, but that will mostly be used up if they try to retain a bunch of their big name free agents.

Not sure why so many people are predicting Vereen to leave. He has a very unique skill set, and BB has shown that he will pay extra for unique skills that can give the team an advantage. Actually Vereen is one of the first guys I think the Pats work a deal out with.

Plus I just don't see many good teams shelling out big dollars for a receiving back (not to mention that I don't think Vereen would go to a team with a bad QB). If we use Woodhead as the standard, his contract was for two years and $3.5m. Even if Vereen is looking for double what Woodhead received, then that'd be only $3.5m per year. Based on the Pats history, if they want to fit a $3m to $4m contract under the cap, then they will find a way to do so.

As far as Trent Richardson, doesn't it usually take about 3 seasons before an NFL RB typically starts to get good? Knowshon Marino is a recent example. If he can be had for cheap, I think TRich would be worth a look at least. Wouldn't he?

I've always like Hakeem Nicks and see he's still just 27, but haven't paid attention to him much this season. Did he have some major injury that is still holding him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back