PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pot Roast visiting - (UPDATED - He's Reportedly Joining the Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're going to need D.Roberts to have a Butler type ascension for that to happen. They won't have a top 10 defense with Logan Ryan starting.

I think Ryan is a serviceable CB2 like Browner was here with McCourty above him. But yes, we saw how Ryan played last season without McCourty vs. Marshall...yikes.

Confident in Roberts being the breakout player of 2016. One of the best athletes to enter the league and showed he has game by leading training camp in pass deflections. Starting preseason game 1 across Jordy Nelson meant something too.

Can't wait for TC.

Like I said....Ted Washington 2.0....

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
I think Ryan is a serviceable CB2 like Browner was here with McCourty above him. But yes, we saw how Ryan played last season without McCourty vs. Marshall...yikes.

Confident in Roberts being the breakout player of 2016. One of the best athletes to enter the league and showed he has game by leading training camp in pass deflections. Starting preseason game 1 across Jordy Nelson meant something too.

Can't wait for TC.
100% with you on Roberts. I'm excited to see how he looks in TC and hopefully they won't wrongfully IR him this time.
So you were just posting without knowing what you were posting about, then, because they were also top 10 in yards allowed.
Yea, it's been known to happen.

I'm talking about yards allowed. Offense and special teams affects points scored.
dude, no disrespect but you must be new to football. your post makes no sense. #1 the discussion with deus was about points allowed, not points scored. #2 yards allowed is basically a meaningless stat. Points allowed is by far the truer measure of a defense. especially with high-scoring teams like the pats, who will build large leads so opposition is throwing all the time, accumulating what are basically garbage-time yards. Nfl is the ONLY pro sport that doesnt use points as the "total defense" stat. mlb, nba nhl all do. and they know theyre wrong. theres only one reason they havent changed it. go back to how nfl football was played 25 30 50 years ago. teams didnt throw much then, so yards allowed was a decent yardstick. but that has not been the case for the last 20 years.Actually the best measure of a defense ive seen, is teddy bruschis index, which combines the 3 most important defensive stats: points allowed, red zone and turnovers.

$4.5M must be incentive laden, but this is a good question:

Cannon answering the phone?

Last edited:
Actually the best measure of a defense ive seen, is teddy bruschis index, which combines the 3 most important defensive stats: points allowed, red zone and turnovers.
I like the points scored per drive metric since it takes out return TDs. Percentage of drives ending in an offensive score is also useful.

Maybe Hicks wanted to leave who knows it didnt seem like he was eager to stay.
Knighton could be a beast if in shape and motivated

I wonder if NE had to outbid DC.

I like Knighton, but not for $4.5M.

Like I said....Ted Washington 2.0....

Interesting. I heard that he was supposedly tired of changing teams often and wanted to stay with a team longer, so I was thinking maybe a be a 2-3 year deal.

Maybe it's a "prove it" deal that gets him a longer deal next year.

I like the points scored per drive metric since it takes out return TDs. Percentage of drives ending in an offensive score is also useful.
yep. i agree those are decent stats. points allowed by itself actually makes a defense look a little worse than it is, cause defensive and st tds arent removed.(tho i believe bruschi removes those). i would probably list 3rd down as another stat id put ahead of yards allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes