PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Denver/Patriots Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Ian should create a Chicken Little thread where all the glass half empty types can b!tch and moan to their hearts content...like they do after every single game the Patriots play.

Perhaps to even it out he could also create an ostrich thread where all the homers can just stick their heads in the proverbial sand and insist that everything is fine no matter how poorly things might be going.

The Patriots have lost 2 games that they should have won based upon talent, and they've won 2 games that they could easily have lost. This team could easily be sitting at 1-4 right now. I don't think it's time to panic, but it's pretty clear that this team is struggling.

Last edited:
Charlie screened teams to death.The 2009 offense seems to eschew this facet of the game.

Maybe Ian should create a Chicken Little thread where all the glass half empty types can b!tch and moan to their hearts content...like they do after every single game the Patriots play.

This is a game they had ample chances to win. It is understandable people are disappointed.

Nontheless, there are lots of balanced and objective observations made about the state of the team. This is what the thread's (should be) for.

Perhaps to even it out he could also create an ostrich thread where all the homers can just stick their heads in the proverbial sand and insist that everything is fine no matter how poorly things might be going.

The Patriots have lost 2 games that they should have won based upon talent, and they've won 2 games that they could easily have lost. This team could easily be sitting at 1-4 right now. I don't think it's time to panic, but it's pretty clear that this team is struggling.

Deus agree with you , 100 percent, this team is missing something..

they struggled last year early too.Five games in is no time to dive into the deep end. If they look like they did in the 2nd half today in November, then there's obvious problems. Ghost missed an easy 40 yarder today...should I be bashing him too?

Deus agree with you , 100 percent, this team is missing something..

Richard Seymour

Hey, it is what it is. If we draft a stud in the first round, a year and a half from now, it may end up looking like an awesome trade in hindsight regardless. But I said going in that it would probably cost us a few wins this year, and that's looking like a pretty good prediction. It's not like Brady's never had a bad game before- in the past, when he had bad games, we could win anyways. Similarly, when the defense has a bad game, the offense needs to be able to cover for it from time to time.

The fact is, any time a team loses, better offense or better defense could have changed things. I know a lot of you are tired, by now, of me harping on the loss of Seymour after every close loss, but do you guys think that the Broncos put up 13 unanswered points on our soft coverage if we have Seymour bringing the heat? I don't see it happening. This game was so close that a slight nudge could have won it in any phase of the game. Seymour would have provided more than a slight nudge.

On the bright side, the Raiders look awful. Hopefully they manage to be a little better than KC this year, though, so they'll have a tougher schedule next year...

Last edited:
Charlie screened teams to death.The 2009 offense seems to eschew this facet of the game.

We did run some nice screens earlier in the game. It just seems like we aren't making the necessary adjustments in the second half once the other teams make their adjustments.

Based on past history, how long will it take Denver to start calling Josh "McGenius" and then fire him 3 years later?

we didn't screen because the Broncos were ready for it. Screens tend to work when they catch defenses off guard- a defense that is playing the screen will tend to stop it fairly reliably.

There were no Seymour talk last week.

Sure there was, and there would have been more if Mark Clayton had held onto the football.

We're missing Richard Seymour? LMAO. The will to win? What is with you people? Instead of analyzing a loss, it's like people just panic and want to think about all the bad things. they lose perspective saying stupid ****. I mean look, if you think losing the will to win is Brady missing a wide open Moss, I dunno. We're two completions either to Moss or Welker away from being 4-1.

The fact is Brady is not right, not yet. It's good he's showing signs of improvement, but he's still raw from the injury. Losing your LT is going to effect the game plan, as we saw. I think in the future they'll be more comfortable with Seabass in. Another thought, I think today could pay future dividends for the OL's future. With Light's contract coming up we'll see what Seabass can do.

I'm not panicing yet. This team was 2-2 in 03. That team just had to get it right. To me, the Patriots right now are a gun that's jamming. They can be explosive, but not consistently. I think in time they'll be more polished. Football is a game of inches, and today, like the Jets game, we were a few completions away from being 5-0. I'm just saying that because the negative nancies want to point out how we could be 1-4.

This team is finding it's rhythm, I just hope they find it soon. We CANNOT lose 2 more conference games or we can kiss HFA goodbye.

We're missing Richard Seymour? LMAO. The will to win? What is with you people? Instead of analyzing a loss, it's like people just panic and want to think about all the bad things. they lose perspective saying stupid ****. I mean look, if you think losing the will to win is Brady missing a wide open Moss, I dunno. We're two completions either to Moss or Welker away from being 4-1.

The fact is Brady is not right, not yet. It's good he's showing signs of improvement, but he's still raw from the injury. Losing your LT is going to effect the game plan, as we saw. I think in the future they'll be more comfortable with Seabass in. Another thought, I think today could pay future dividends for the OL's future. With Light's contract coming up we'll see what Seabass can do.

I'm not panicing yet. This team was 2-2 in 03. That team just had to get it right. To me, the Patriots right now are a gun that's jamming. They can be explosive, but not consistently. I think in time they'll be more polished. Football is a game of inches, and today, like the Jets game, we were a few completions away from being 5-0. I'm just saying that because the negative nancies want to point out how we could be 1-4.

This team is finding it's rhythm, I just hope they find it soon. We CANNOT lose 2 more conference games or we can kiss HFA goodbye.

When the Broncos were marching down the field, how many of those yards were given up by Brady?

Last edited:

I'm about as far from a chicken little as you'll find here. I'm not calling this the end of the world, and I still think the team will improve quite a bit going forward. We would've won this game if we had Seymour, though, and that warrants consideration.

Once again, I just don't get the logic that says "the offense was bad, therefore the defense couldn't have been better". The objective is to score more points than the other team. You can do that either by scoring more or holding them to less. We lost by 3 points, therefore any improvement--on offense, defense, or ST--that would have improved us would likely have caused a win.

Last edited:
When the Broncos were marching 90+ yards down the field, how many of those yards were given up by Brady?

Wow your finally on board!! Im proud of you Deus, .. you have seen the light...

I'm about as far from a chicken little as you'll find here. I'm not calling this the end of the world, and I still think the team will improve quite a bit going forward. We would've won this game if we had Seymour, though, and that warrants consideration.

we would have won if Ghost makes a chip shot (for him) 40 yarder. Big Sey is gone...Humpty Dumpty syndrome.

Wow your finally on board!! Im proud of you Deus, .. you have seen the light...

I'm not "finally" anything, Sean. I've had issues with this team almost since the offseason began, and I've been very up front about those issues. I simply am not going to lose my mind like many have a tendency to do. Nothing is wrong that can't be fixed as long as Brady can become more like pre-injury Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes