PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Denver/Patriots Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad is Pierre Woods......

I counted 3 plays (the ones that I focused on him), where he dropped back into the wrong coverage and lost the TE on big plays, he was lost. Not only was he lost, his number was never called during the game. He was absolutely invisible..........

You know, in a cost cutting move BB basically gives away Mike Vrabel, he passes on either trading up for a Brian Cushing (which would have been a small cost and the kid is having a great year) or even just sitting tight even after the 1st trade down, and Clay Matthews falls into his lap at #26. No, the master-mind BB trades down into Round 2 (Passes for the 2nd damn time on Rey Maualuga and deals down again) and we walk away with an inactive Ron Brace and Patrick Chung who can't seem to find his way onto the field as Rey Maualuga/Cushing and Matthews are all staring for their respective teams and in Maualuga's case, flat out dominating with Matthews and Cushing well on their way to great careers.

No BB settles for Pierre Stiff Woods to start at OLB. We could have very, very easily come out of this draft with a a 3-4 LB group of the following:

(Clay Matthews, Rey Maualuga, Jerod Mayo, AD) how would that group of 4 have worked out for you BB ? I went ballistic on draft day and still feel that way today. Time to evaluate BB and these damn draft and FA moves and call it like it is without the freaking koolaid..............
This was a five star thread before this post.
You really need to learn to respect head coaches with 3 rings and a littany of great draft picks.

We blitzed the Ravens heavily last week and relied on our DBs to cover one on one and we were successful for the most part. Granted, the Broncos have better receivers, but that would have been negated by the pressure Orton would have been facing. The few times we did blitz today, it was positive for us. We prevented them from scoring in regulation by suddenly becoming aggressive.

Our DBs are better than your making it sound. Majority of Denver's completed passes came because of the soft zone. The times we did play tight, we had some success.
Good points Condon....Daeus Irae is right-it didn't work and we shouldn't gamble too much w/ it....but you are right on.....Denvers rec. corps is big, physical and will make you pay.
Too bad wecouldn't make them pay on the Brady/Moss BOMB or Gostkowski's FG :(

we suck.plain and simple i dont see anything good this year .we need a better D a new def of coach or something.the team has not true leader on D except for wilfork and still.we need some one to step up and get better .i know see why the patriots brought back bruschi all this years cuz he is a leader

This was a five star thread before this post.
You really need to learn to respect head coaches with 3 rings and a littany of great draft picks.

Question is, how long can BB parlay his past success until Kraft finally will say, "It's time to move on." It's bound to happen, nothing lasts forever. With Brady all of a sudden becoming average, the misfires on past drafts are really showing and hurting us.

The problem with this team blitzing is that the defensive backs can't cover good receivers 1-on-1. This team is keeping safeties over the corners. If you blitz, you take away that protection, and that's just asking for trouble.

There is nobody on the defensive line that forces a double team on passing downs, and, for the most part, the line can't get anything resembling pressure without the blitz. There's no linebacker who's truly impressive in coverage. There's no cornerback who can be depended on against opposing teams' #1 wideouts, and the safeties are good, but they're not good enough to pick up all that slack.

Brady being Brady would be covering for these problems while experience and coaching tried to fix them over the course of the season, but Brady's not being Brady, and he's actually compounding the problems in some of these games.

We have to try something though. I understand the blitz is either going to work or burn you. However, it did get to him when we used it yesterday. We have to try SOMETHING in situations like that. We can't just sit back and give QBs all day in the pocket. Hell, I could throw against that type defense.

We have to try something though. I understand the blitz is either going to work or burn you. However, it did get to him when we used it yesterday. We have to try SOMETHING in situations like that. We can't just sit back and give QBs all day in the pocket. Hell, I could throw against that type defense.

I agree. Maybe the strategy of staying back was okay to start the game, but if it's not working, you have to change.

The loose coverage let Royal have a huge day. And it still didn't prevent Marshall from scoring twice. So they should have switched it up at some point. The only time they really became more aggressive was after Brady's turnover, when they were basically forced to hold and not give up any yards. And they got the stop.

I'm not saying we have to turn into the Jets. But even the threat of an occasional blitz would make the QB think a bit more than the pitch and catch game they were playing.

You know I love ya buddy, but you're killing me with this stuff. You're evaluating a guy's career over one game. It kind of sounds ridiculous.

If you look at the stats from this game (please don't make me pull them) you'll notice that they were about equal. Denver simply made a couple of plays that helped them win the game. I think there weren't a couple of adjustments made that could have been the difference, but we saw a lot of great plays made where Denver played at another level today. They got up for this game like it was the Super Bowl, and in the end they made some great plays and simply won the toss in overtime. We all know the percentages when that happens, and they got it done.

Let's try and keep things in perspective. They didn't lose to Tennessee or Oakland today - it wasn't a terrible football team. I think you're looking at a Denver team that will probably be there come the postseason. Let's see how this team is playing later in the year before we start looking toward next season.

Ian

A game??? Come on now.

Our O has been UP and DOWN. We were UNABLE to pull the game away when we had an opportunity.

We depended on our D to hold our opponent's O to less than 20 pts WHEN our O fails to have more than 1 TD on the board.

All the game that we won WERE CLOSE.

I would expected it if it was CASSEL or a rookie QB. I heard all about 'work ethnic, demanding, hard working, and other BS' from TB and BB. When i watched the game, i didn't see much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back