PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Denver/Patriots Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making a statement here and its something I've never done in my life before. Here it goes.

I could do a better job on offensive playcalling than whoever is doing it at the minute.

The answer of course is not to hire me, but to can whoever is doing it right now.

Last edited:
He's on pace for a 4,300 yard season with 19 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Of course, these projections include him playing like crap for large chunks of 5 games.

What a JAG. Bring back Cassel! :rolleyes:

I don't care about the stats. I CARE about the win.

STAT without a win = SUCK.

A win + Stat = GREATNESS.

Please don't confuse.

At this point, i don't care his stat and all i want is a WIN, baby.

I have a simple message for Tom Brady:

GET YOUR SH!T together.

It's unacceptable when he failed to score after Denver's special team BEGGED him to put some point on the board TWICE.

If this is how TB will get into HoF, it's time to tear HOF wall down.

Tommy will not continue to be the weak link on this team. You have to believe that ! He missed a whole season ! Trust me, he will do whatever it takes to improve. I suspect we will see less of Tom being spoon fed by Gisele poolside and more of the old perennial off season workout champion. Tommy is a winner and will whatever it takes to get back on top. Watch.

19 TDs won't get it done. 6 ints would be awesome, but how many times can he just chuck it down field before some DBs finally track it down? Also, forcing it to Welker is going to turn bad once or twice, as the Champ Bailey tipped ball almost did.

Can we just leave out the getting married and having kids is making Brady suck comments. I mean I assume some are jokes but I don't really see how that has anything to do with the game today.

Don't care about stats...not a Manning fan. I want wins. I'm confident once Brady gets his head out of his ass he'll start seeing **** clearly. Untill thn, we'll struggle for every win.

I head that TB was working 'hard' during the offseason. I want to know what the fck he did because he hasn't shown anything at all.

He was on SI saying "I can't wait for the season to start" in July. He is not ready despite that proclamation. He is yelling and pouting on the sideline, all macho and alpha male. I bet Giselle is impressed by the manliness.

Eveyrone who is complaining about Brady and Gisele has got to give it up.

Montana was MARRIED when he won his superbowls. That doesn't make him an less of a QB, does it? And for the record, his last marriage was to a MODEL and they have four children.

What the hell? Because he got married and fell in love he can not play football.

I thought Eli had a superbowl and marriage in the same year. (Could be wrong.)

People should stop making execuse for Brady. He came from my school and is among my favorite Pats. But he is terrible right now. Please stop blaming others. I hated it when people were so quick to blame wrs. Didn't Brady used to make work with guys like Gaffney and Caldwell?

19 TDs won't get it done. 6 ints would be awesome, but how many times can he just chuck it down field before some DBs finally track it down? Also, forcing it to Welker is going to turn bad once or twice, as the Champ Bailey tipped ball almost did.

I don't care about the stats. I CARE about the win.

STAT without a win = SUCK.

A win + Stat = GREATNESS.

Please don't confuse.

At this point, i don't care his stat and all i want is a WIN, baby.

While I agree that 19 TDs won't cut it and that stats don't matter without the W, I think you guys missed the point, or maybe I wasn't clear enough.

These are projections based on Brady playing awfully for 5 games. As he gets better, the offense will get better, but it's not like he's so awful that we can't compete. He's played okay, but certainly not so bad that people should seriously question if Matt Cassel would be a better option.

Brady is pointing at and throwing his recievers under the bus.

Does he not watch the film? I understand Moss and Welker are great WR's but expecting them to catch some of those passes? :rolleyes:

Can we get off Maroney's back, please? He did what he could, and ran with some urgency (got the first down on 3rd and short, and believe me, I was holding my breath).

In terms of the play calling, didn't Randy Moss get open in the end zone? Didn't Wes Welker break free down the middle of the field? Brady missed those throws. He also fumbled to give the ball back to Denver with four minutes left in NE territory. It took a solid stand by the D to get this to OT.

Crappy overall game. Sooner we move on, the better.

I am no way a Maroney fan. But I thought he ran hard. He was okay.

Brady had ample chances to put the game out of reach. He did not deliver. Denver offense is average and this game likely is their high water mark for the year.

Can someone please fire Dean Pees and Giselle?

Giselle has single-handedly ruined this franchise and turned our once tough-minded and motivated QB into a bowl of "Feel sorry for myself" jello. The gift wrapped boxes, the freakin dog "Poophie". Where's the fire Tommy?, you looked afraid out there when things started to unravel. You're not even remotely in Peyton's area-code right now. No longer elite. You looked like BB did when he was staring at Peyton letting the clock wind down in January of 06 while holding onto precious timeouts instead of using one to conserve time to come back. Deer in the freakin headlights! Let's go, let's get the fire back, this is BS.....................Bring back Brigitte..........

Last edited:
Brady is pointing at and throwing his recievers under the bus.

Does he not watch the film? I understand Moss and Welker are great WR's but expecting them to catch some of those passes? :rolleyes:

Someone compared Brady to Marino in the twilight of his career when he'd yell at his receivers for everything. I hated Marino simply because he used to be like that and the fact that Brady is showing that same trait is disturbing. The offensive downfall today was all on him. He hits Moss or Welker on those passes and we win the game.

I thought Eli had a superbowl and marriage in the same year. (Could be wrong.)

People should stop making execuse for Brady. He came from my school and is among my favorite Pats. But he is terrible right now. Please stop blaming others. I hated it when people were so quick to blame wrs. Didn't Brady used to make work with guys like Gaffney and Caldwell?

I was not blaming Gisele. I was wondering why the hell others were blaming her.

I have a simple message for Tom Brady:

GET YOUR SH!T together.

It's unacceptable when he failed to score after Denver's special team BEGGED him to put some point on the board TWICE.

If this is how TB will get into HoF, it's time to tear HOF wall down.

You know I love ya buddy, but you're killing me with this stuff. You're evaluating a guy's career over one game. It kind of sounds ridiculous.

If you look at the stats from this game (please don't make me pull them) you'll notice that they were about equal. Denver simply made a couple of plays that helped them win the game. I think there weren't a couple of adjustments made that could have been the difference, but we saw a lot of great plays made where Denver played at another level today. They got up for this game like it was the Super Bowl, and in the end they made some great plays and simply won the toss in overtime. We all know the percentages when that happens, and they got it done.

Let's try and keep things in perspective. They didn't lose to Tennessee or Oakland today - it wasn't a terrible football team. I think you're looking at a Denver team that will probably be there come the postseason. Let's see how this team is playing later in the year before we start looking toward next season.

Ian

Last edited:
I don't know if it was our defense playing poorly, or whether it was a very well coached up Denver offense. Mcdaniels did a hell of a job preparing his team. On the other hand, Brady is looking mortal week in and out. I am hoping that he is still working his way back from his injury and not because he is missing McDaniels playcalling. If it's the latter, it may be a long season....

I don't see why people are losing their minds here. The same problems that were obvious in week 1 continue in week 5. Some of them have been improved, though, and I expect the improvement will continue. Brady continues to be the key.

Edit: Ok, the stupidity of not bringing a healthy Galloway is different from week 1, but it's mostly the same problems.

Last edited:
Maybe Ian should create a Chicken Little thread where all the glass half empty types can b!tch and moan to their hearts content...like they do after every single game the Patriots play.

I'm not concerned about Brady. I'm more concerned about the offense.

In my mind, Charlie Weis designed the most successful Patriots' O, and McDaniels changed things up a bit.

Remember Deion Branch open across the middle for 20 yard gains?

The O just has a much different mentality than it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back