PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positive From Last Night: We Have Our Mayo Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that Chung was playing in that role due to the injuries with our CBs, and no other reason. Let's hope that Coleman comes back soon (yes, I just typed that).

Belichick and staff have been doing an excellent job at hiding his weaknesses in coverage to this point. It would seem odd to change it up now. At least they went this route rather than throwing Melvin out there, so I'm guessing it was the old "lesser of two evils" situation.

I agree Chung at nickel corner had to be an emergency injury-related issue. Not shocking, considering that 4 of our top 6 corners coming into the season are either injured (Brown, Roberts, Coleman) or no longer with the team (Fletcher). Even when Coleman comes back, though, being one injury away from Chung at nickel corner seems like a critical flaw waiting to be exposed. There has to be a better alternative available, and if it's not Melvin then I think it's worth whatever time it takes to find the guy. Doesn't have to be good, just better than that.

Mayo didn't look that good to me. He was still getting caught up on blocks. He made one or two good plays but others didn't look too good. :S
Every LB that has ever played in the NFL gets 'caught up on blocks'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back