2009 Draft DE/OLB
04 pick overall - Aaron Curry
11 pick overall- Aaron Maybin
13 pick overall - Brian Orakpo
15 pick overall- Brian Cushing
16 pick overall- Larry English
18 pick overall- Robert Ayers
26 pick overall- Clay Matthews

Best player of this class is clearly Clay Matthews. Overrated Curry and Maybin were both busts, Curry traded for a 7th round pick after 2 years, Maybin waived after 2 years.
Yet pre-draft all "experts" agreed that Curry and Maybin were much better picks than Matthews. Im sure that you would've called me stupid for claiming that Matthews is better than Curry.

Im sure that you would've called me stupid for claiming that Matthews is better than Curry.

Yes. And we would have been right. When ascertaining value, one isn't permitted the benefit of hindsight.

2009 Draft DE/OLB
04 pick overall - Aaron Curry
11 pick overall- Aaron Maybin
13 pick overall - Brian Orakpo
15 pick overall- Brian Cushing
16 pick overall- Larry English
18 pick overall- Robert Ayers
26 pick overall- Clay Matthews

Best player of this class is clearly Clay Matthews. Overrated Curry and Maybin were both busts, Curry traded for a 7th round pick after 2 years, Maybin waived after 2 years.
Yet pre-draft all "experts" agreed that Curry and Maybin were much better picks than Matthews. Im sure that you would've called me stupid for claiming that Matthews is better than Curry.

LOL Matthews better than Orakpo and Cushing? You're insane, pal. Btw, Cushing is an ILB/MLB. He played OLB due to... well DeMeco Ryans being a badass. Clay Matthews got exposed this year and I expect future years to be more of the same. Everyone knows the Bills reached for Maybin and Aaron Curry is the victim of a coaching change that had no use for his talents. He's been much better in Oakland but we'll see what happens with another coaching change (that's 4 coaches in 3 years for Curry).

CM3 is the guy who won NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, not Cushing or Orakpo. CM3 is the guy who was the centre of a SB winning defense, not the others.
CM3 is the guy who forced the momentum-changing fumble in the SB, when Pit was driving and threatening to take the lead.
Clay Matthews was double teamed non stop this year, and their DL line was ****ty beyond imagination. Without CM3, they couldnt get any pressure to the QB.
Vikings-Packers II: Clay Matthews' role - NFC North Blog - ESPN
Charles Woodson spoke candidly last week about the Green Bay Packers' pass defense, acknowledging its weaknesses and making one specific suggestion for improvement. All-Pro linebacker Clay Matthews is sitting at three sacks through eight games, and Woodson implored coaches to "find ways to get Clay to the quarterback." He added: "We can't continue to allow him to be stuck on a side and double-teamed every time he gets upfield."

And even double-teamed non-stop, he still put up 53.5 QB pressures this year in which he "got exposed". Even double-teamed non-stop, he still was near the top in QB knockdowns and hurries. Not to mention the numerous holding calls he drew. Not the mention the numerous Green Bay Interceptions which were the result of CM3 hurrying or hitting the QB.
And idiots claim that CM3 "got exposed" this year. LOL. You're the one who's insane, pal.

And LOL at claiming that Curry was a victim of a coaching change. You really are insane.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Curry_%28American_football%29
On August 8, 2009, Curry signed a six-year, $60 million contract including $34 million guaranteed,[15] the most money ever guaranteed to a non-quarterback rookie in NFL history

So Seattle gave him this huge contract and didnt allow him to prove himself. ROFLMAO. He was a "victim of coaching change". HAHAHA. You really are insane.
He was a megabust because he was megaoverrated from the beginning, not because he was a "victim of coaching change".

Yes. And we would have been right. When ascertaining value, one isn't permitted the benefit of hindsight.

It isnt hindsight genius. I had Clay ahead of overrated Curry even then.

Last edited:
CM3 is the guy who won NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, not Cushing or Orakpo.
Wrong. Mr Roids was.
Cushing seventh straight LB named top defensive rookie - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice

CM3 is the guy who was the centre of a SB winning defense, not the others.

No. It was Charles Woodson. The guy who had won the NFL defensive player of the year the year before.

CM3 is the guy who forced the momentum-changing fumble in the SB, when Pit was driving and threatening to take the lead.
Wrong. It was Ryan Pickett who made 70% of that fumble. His helmet nearly popped the ball out of Mr. Rashard. All Clay did was incidentally touch the ball while trying to tackle the RB.

Clay Matthews was double teamed non stop this year, and their DL line was ****ty beyond imagination. Without CM3, they couldnt get any pressure to the QB.

He wasn't double team'd. I saw 6 Packer games this season in the reg season. He was only doubled once or twice a game.

And even double-teamed non-stop, he still put up 53.5 QB pressures this year in which he "got exposed". Even double-teamed non-stop, he still was near the top in QB knockdowns and hurries. Not to mention the numerous holding calls he drew. Not the mention the numerous Green Bay Interceptions which were the result of CM3 hurrying or hitting the QB.

Again, he wasn't double teamed much. 5-7 snaps a game out of an avg of 70 snaps in a game doesn't mean he's having an impact.
He was actually forced to play a 34 OLB role. You know, like defend the run, cover instead of running for the QB on every play like his hair was on fire.

Also, his numbers might be down because of the HgH testing that was suppose to be instituted midseason. Funny how the union keeps on stalling the process and basically told the players to get off the drug. Funny how someone whose's best friend with Mr. Roids, pass rushing numbers went down when the Union told the players to get off HGh if they were using it.

And idiots claim that CM3 "got exposed" this year. LOL. You're the one who's insane, pal.

Reading your previous comments on this board, I'd say it's you buddy.

And LOL at claiming that Curry was a victim of a coaching change. You really are insane.

Curry is a bust. Plain and simple. He is however a victim of coaching change. Seattle before Pete came in, ran a 4-3 reg defense. He was their SAM.
Pete runs a 4-3 under defense (basically a 34 D but with an alignment difference) like what we did this year.

He was a megabust because he was megaoverrated from the beginning, not because he was a "victim of coaching change".

Draft is a crap shoot. He was the safest LB to take. He had the best floor of any 43 LB taken that year.

Good for you. Maybe you should offer your vast experience and knowledge to Bill Belichick. :rolleyes:

And you were the only one. Does this mean you were a better evaluator than everybody else? No. Blind squirrels find nuts. Thanks for bringing this example to our attention.

Assuming Oakland's new regime doesn't dump Curry like they did Routt I won't be surprised if Curry is a perennial pro bowler in a year or two.

Wrong. Mr Roids was.

Mr Roids? A huge number, the vast majority of NFLs are roiders.
Dr. Richard Rydze is latest in Pittsburgh Steelers' links to performance-enhancing drugs - ESPN
Even before the controversy surfaced involving Dr. Richard Rydze, the team's longtime physician who stepped aside last season after authorities revealed he'd run up a six-figure credit card bill purchasing human growth hormone, the Pittsburgh Steelers had a history of associations with performance-enhancing drugs.
"It started, really, in Pittsburgh," Haslett said. "They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger [in the] '70s, late '70s, early '80s. They're the ones who kind of started it."

Yeah, the "steel curtain" was a curtain of dopers.

No. It was Charles Woodson. The guy who had won the NFL defensive player of the year the year before.

It was CM3. This is why teams this year focused on stopping CM3, double teaming him non-stop.

Wrong. It was Ryan Pickett who made 70% of that fumble. His helmet nearly popped the ball out of Mr. Rashard. All Clay did was incidentally touch the ball while trying to tackle the RB.

Wrong. It was CM3 who made 100% of the fumble. Clay Matthews Forced Fumble XLV - YouTube
Mendenhall was carrying the ball with his right hand. CM3 hits him in the elbow with his shoulder, and the ball pops out. Pickett's helmet doesnt even touch the ball. All Clay did was create 100% of the fumble, by hitting hard with his shoulder Mendenhall's elbow. Stop with the lies.

Again, he wasn't double teamed much. 5-7 snaps a game out of an avg of 70 snaps in a game doesn't mean he's having an impact.

Yeah, Charles Woodson is a big liar when he claimed that CM3 was double teamed non-stop. Or maybe you are the big liar.

He was actually forced to play a 34 OLB role. You know, like defend the run, cover instead of running for the QB on every play like his hair was on fire.

Haters gonna hate, keep hating clown.

Also, his numbers might be down because of the HgH testing that was suppose to be instituted midseason. Funny how the union keeps on stalling the process and basically told the players to get off the drug. Funny how someone whose's best friend with Mr. Roids, pass rushing numbers went down when the Union told the players to get off HGh if they were using it.

You're just a big liar. His sack numbers went down because he was double teamed non stop as even Charles Woodson testified.
Even double teamed, he still produced, pressuring the QB a lot, forcing the QB into ill-advised throws which ended up as INTs.

Even if he was roiding, he sure as hell didnt introduce roiding in NFL.
The vast majority of NFLs are roiders, so if he was roiding, he was only keeping up with the culture of roiding introduced by the "steel curtain" in the 70's.

Last edited:
Wow you're very, very, very uninformed (nicer way of calling you a word that starts with a R and ends with etarded). I don't even know where to begin.

Oh wait, I know. I'm going to begin by ignoring you.

Mr Roids? A huge number, the vast majority of NFLs are roiders.
Dr. Richard Rydze is latest in Pittsburgh Steelers' links to performance-enhancing drugs - ESPN

Even before the controversy surfaced involving Dr. Richard Rydze, the team's longtime physician who stepped aside last season after authorities revealed he'd run up a six-figure credit card bill purchasing human growth hormone, the Pittsburgh Steelers had a history of associations with performance-enhancing drugs.
"It started, really, in Pittsburgh," Haslett said. "They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger [in the] '70s, late '70s, early '80s. They're the ones who kind of started it."

Yeah, the "steel curtain" was a curtain of dopers.

Nice deflection. Bringing in the roid defense from the 70s that has absolutely nothing to do with my comment.

It was CM3. This is why teams this year focused on stopping CM3, double teaming him non-stop.

“Matthews’ play this season, which has been far better than his sack figure alone would suggest.”–Yet Matthews finished 49th in sacks. Was he double ? Perhaps, but then how did Ware and Allen rack up 20+ sacks? Seems better players perform despite extra attention from blockers. Even Donkey Suggs got more sacks that HgH Clay. Suggs and Ware are a complete 34OLB compared to Clay and still put up more numbers than him.

Wrong. It was CM3 who made 100% of the fumble. Clay Matthews Forced Fumble XLV - YouTube
Mendenhall was carrying the ball with his right hand. CM3 hits him in the elbow with his shoulder, and the ball pops out. Pickett's helmet doesnt even touch the ball. All Clay did was create 100% of the fumble, by hitting hard with his shoulder Mendenhall's elbow. Stop with the lies.

Wow, you must be blind.
Clay Matthews Forced Fumble XLV - YouTube
Watch where Pickett puts his helmet. He put it on the chest and near the ball. Because of that, Clay, inadvertently, knocked the ball out after Ryan Pickett hits the ball carrier.
The ball was coming out before Clay reached there. This all happened within a second of each other.
You know why Clay knew that play was coming at him? Because he is a god awful run defender. The Packers at a rookie UDFA 34OLB on the other side.
Now you tell me. Which side you would run it at?- an UDFA or a 2nd year 1st round pick?
If I didn't know who Clay was, I would run it at the UDFA.
You realize that almost most of the Steelers run game went to the right side right? Clay had given up close to 70 yards when the Steelers ran the ball at him.

Yeah, Charles Woodson is a big liar when he claimed that CM3 was double teamed non-stop. Or maybe you are the big liar.

Yeah newsflash. Coaches and players always lie. I kept hearing from the Pats that Taylor Price and Chad Johnson were ready to break out. Still waiting...
Originally Posted by NinjaZX6R
Haters gonna hate, keep hating clown.

Alright genius. All of us are wrong and you are right. We should bow down and worship you :rolleyes:
I'll take Ware, Suggs, Woodley, Hali over Hair on fire/ HgH every time. They are complete 34OLBs.

You're just a big liar. His sack numbers went down because he was double teamed non stop as even Charles Woodson testified.
Even double teamed, he still produced, pressuring the QB a lot, forcing the QB into ill-advised throws which ended up as INTs.

You mean like how he was "double teamed" in 2010 and still managed to put up at least 10 sacks?
And No. He had 3 ints this season. 2 of them were tipped passes.
Matthews had a "Pro Bowl-worthy season" when he ranked 49th in sacks and 219th in tackles.
Their offense had the lead for the majority of games. That means the defense was on the field a lot more. That usually means better numbers for the defense and HgH Clay Matthews...but it did not happen.
Even if he was roiding, he sure as hell didnt introduce roiding in NFL.
The vast majority of NFLs are roiders, so if he was roiding, he was only keeping up with the culture of roiding introduced by the "steel curtain" in the 70's.

Boy...please research HgH and steroids. Seriously, because I highly doubt you know what the difference is.
I still don't understand your logic. If the Steelers roided in the 70s, that gives current players the right to juice up??:confused::confused:

Ninja I don't know why you even bothered. I gave up after the roids from the 70s comment lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe