Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

POLL: Who Do you Think will be the Better NFL QB? (And Who Would You Want?)

• Caleb Williams

• Drake Maye

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Draft is Loaded at WR after MH jr you have Nabers and Coleman very Deep WR Draft.
Yeah, what am I thinking. We don't need a top QB. We need WR.
C'mon kid. You damn well know we need a QB, OT AND a WR. And the WR corps is not THAT deep. We'll know more as we get closer to the draft but it's about top 50 players deep for both WR and OT (and QB for that matter). So we'll need 3 picks in the top 50 to land 3 positions we desperately covet (I don't want to hear about players we can get in FA. That list is not impressive unless a TON of players are let go because of cap and that won't be a problem since the league is rolling in dough). We may not even have a shot at Nabers if we pick 7th. After him, I'm not sold on any of the other top WR's. Last I checked we don't have any extra picks in the first three rounds.

If Lamar light it up in the playoffs there is a case for Daniel's stock going up since I can see some similarities in play style

There's a lot of time until the draft, once Baker Mayfield was considered the 3rd or 4th QB taken and 2 weeks before the draft his stock sky rocket

The Draft is Loaded at WR after MH jr you have Nabers and Coleman very Deep WR Draft.
Even Bill could hit on these WRs... unless he is still here and let's Nike pick the players again.

This is where I am at right now....

Gonna do my Daniels research.....
Absolutely agree jayden Daniels is the prototype of what the NFL is these days.. can move and throw on the run.. huge arm, smart kid.. yeah... I'll take him!

Best plan for QB in '24 -
Keep Zappe as the cheap continuity backup.
Sign Cousins for a 2 year chance at redemption for BB's last ride.
Use draft on OL, skill positions
(wait to draft Carson Beck next year - he is a more athletic Brady)

Last night may have been a blessing in disguise. Now, let’s not slide any further..

That was the sort of thing we constantly heard about Brady.

His build is a bit slim, but Brady had to develop some physically too before he was ready.

I’m really warming to Daniel’s.

BB is the best guy to recognize these traits in the interviews, with as much time as he spent with Brady.

Last edited:
That was the sort of thing we constantly heard about Brady.

His build is a bit slim, but Brady had to develop some physically too before he was ready.

I’m really warming to Daniel’s.

BB us the best guy to recognize these traits in the interviews, with as much time as he spent with Brady.
I would like it. But I do not see BB selectig a QB like him. Even less if to get him you need to trade up (VERY likely).

Coleman could very well be something but for our team I’d be gun shy to make that pick after the Nkeal Harry debacle. Because WR is so deep it’s prob gonna be QB or OT first. I’d be happy walking away with one of Franklin, Egbuka, Tez Walker, McConkey, Thomas Jr, McMillan, Legette in no particular order Day 2.

I'm not really a big fan of either.

Williams almost never plays in structure. He doesn't hit the back of his drop and let the ball fly. He gets happy feet too often and unnecessarily hesitates or pats the ball. Even when his O-line gives him time and his WRs have a step.

And Maye is not as accurate as a top 3 pick should be. I know stats-wise he has (I think) a 72% completion rate. Which is good. But a lot of time I saw him put the ball within perhaps a yard and a half from where it needs to be. For a top-3 prospect I'd like it to be more like two feet or less almost always. I know that's nitpicking. But it is what it is.

Jayden Daniels is noticeably more accurate even though his completion rate is only .3% less than Maye.

Last edited:
And being able to see the field from the pocket as well. Shorter quarterbacks need to move around to both see the field and find passing lanes. It’s an additional challenge.
Let’s not forget that Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers are 6’1 so this is not a major difference

Let’s not forget that Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers are 6’1 so this is not a major difference
Then why are a lot of people here using that zappe being 6‘0 as an argument against him?

Then why are a lot of people here using that zappe being 6‘0 as an argument against him?
Maybe mobility. Don’t know. He’s made some colosssal mistakes. And he’s inaccurate. If someone tells me Zappe will be as good as Flutie in the future I wouldn’t doubt it. He’s definitely limited. I think you need someone better

It also looks like we'll be picking in the 6/7 range.

Nah only way Pats pick out of top 5 is if they win out.

and for them to get #5 a bunch of stuff has to lineup

Go 1-1
&
Giants lose out
&
Lions beat the Cowboys
&
Dolphins beat the Ravens
&
Broncos beat the Raiders
&
Colts beat the Raiders
&
Steelers beat the Seahawks

Any of those games go the other way and Pats finish the season 1-1 they will get the 4th pick.

Maybe mobility. Don’t know. He’s made some colosssal mistakes. And he’s inaccurate. If someone tells me Zappe will be as good as Flutie in the future I wouldn’t doubt it. He’s definitely limited. I think you need someone better
Agreed definitely need someone better. The approach the teams going to make is still a mystery.. we all THINK they should be getting the next guy.. however who really knows what they are thinking. So much is murky right now.

Nope, don't want a LSU QB.

Even Bill could hit on these WRs... unless he is still here and let's Nike pick the players again.
Given Nike's pick was Kyle Dugger, maybe the problem is Nike isn't making enough picks.

Nah only way Pats pick out of top 5 is if they win out.

and for them to get #5 a bunch of stuff has to lineup

Go 1-1
&
Giants lose out
&
Lions beat the Cowboys
&
Dolphins beat the Ravens
&
Broncos beat the Raiders
&
Colts beat the Raiders
&
Steelers beat the Seahawks

Any of those games go the other way and Pats finish the season 1-1 they will get the 4th pick.
I may have to disagree. If/when the Pats beat the Jest I think they will drop out of top 5 due to SOS (which is VERY close right now).

Edit: I hope you are right and that those results will net us a top 5 pick.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back