PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian & Dungy Whining To The League Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we know that Polian and Dungy don't subscribe to the 'we can only control what we can control' philosophy.......apparently they subscribe to the 'we don't like it, so let's whine about it' philosophy. These guys should run for office!

First place teams get first place schedules. That is the nature of the beast.

If you don't want that kind of schedule, don't finish first!

Real simple, but apparently beyond the pale for the likes of NaPolian (not the poster here!).

My Gawd, even the flag football team from Woody's Bar and Grill can suck it up better than these guys!

The Colts are--from Polian, to Dungy, to Manning--an objectively whiny bunch.

Remember, in 2005, when the Colts were still desperate to finally beat the Pats, they somehow managed to have their bye week the week before the Pats' game. If the roles had been reversed, I'm sure the Colts would whimpered about it for weeks.

Only two games are actually decided by prior year's division standing, so godef has a point.

However, there is no way that the league didn't intentionally set up the 2005 season to slow NE down. 4 road games in 5 games all against teams that made the playoffs the year before or came damn close, and then Indy getting their bye just before the NE game....

Yeah, I want to see how these guys address that particular juicy little tidbit....

This is old news. Spoke of earlier in the week. But what you fail to see, is that there is nothing "similar" to last year. Coming home after a Monday Nighter, and staying home is a much different animal than going back out on the road again for a Sunday 1 O'Clocker. The kicker (which no one alludes to in these conversations) is that we then TRAVEL to San Diego the next week. Toughest 4 game stretch, in terms of travel and opponents, that the Colts will have had in quite some time. But, it is what it is. I'm sure they will strap it on and go play.

I would be embarassed if my GM & coach whined like your pathetic leaders do......

Pitiful....

Now you have your built in excuse to lose by 30 points - you were "tired"

Colts = joke

This is old news. Spoke of earlier in the week. But what you fail to see, is that there is nothing "similar" to last year. Coming home after a Monday Nighter, and staying home is a much different animal than going back out on the road again for a Sunday 1 O'Clocker. The kicker (which no one alludes to in these conversations) is that we then TRAVEL to San Diego the next week. Toughest 4 game stretch, in terms of travel and opponents, that the Colts will have had in quite some time. But, it is what it is. I'm sure they will strap it on and go play.

Looking at this all objectively, don't you find Polian/Dungy as given to whining to the league in general more than other teams?

Are you sure? I ask this honestly, because when it happened to the Pats they were defending champions too. It's not hard to envision a scheduling algorithm that gives less weight to the convenience and well-being of the #32 team in the schedule pecking order.

There are two teams/games that are decided by the team's record from the year before. I read somewhere last year that the teams are allowed to put in request for byes, but its up to the league to have the final say. The big deciding factor in the schedule is the networks. They pay a lot of money to show the games and the have a hand in determining when they are scheduled. You think it was just by chance that the Colts/Pats game happens before the flex scheduling? Nope CBS wanted that game.

Hey, workhorse, if you truly believe Polian complained in order to help all the teams in the league, then you are way overdue for your appointment at the glue factory....

It must have been a mere oversight by Pooligan that he never complained about it when it happened to one of those other teams.....

I didn't say he was solely complaining for the benefit of all, I'm saying that all benefit from his complaint.

I would be embarassed if my GM & coach whined like your pathetic leaders do......

Pitiful....

Now you have your built in excuse to lose by 30 points - you were "tired"

Colts = joke

Like I said before, this has nothing to do with the Pats game. The effected game is against Carolina.

It has nothing to do with the strength of schedule or anything to do with being the champs, this issue is two road games on a short week. So it has nothing to do with the previous year's record, it has to do with the schedule maker since this could happen to any team that plays a road Monday night game.

His complaint could end up helping all teams if the league tries to avoid the short road week in the future.

Well he's on the competition commitee. Why wasn't it a problem to be adressed untill it effected his team? Real integrity.

Well he's on the competition commitee. Why wasn't it a problem to be adressed untill it effected his team? Real integrity.

The competition commitee makes the scedules?

I didn't say he was solely complaining for the benefit of all, I'm saying that all benefit from his complaint.

Only in your world...and what a warm and fuzzy place that must be...

My guess is that Carolina is fine with the schedule just as it is....and so I think I can safely speak for the rest of the league when I say, please, leave us out of your whiney, self-centered and wuss-i-fied complaints to the league

HBM, If the shoe were on the other foot polian would be fine with it. If it were brought up to him HE would say well thats the schedual,we all have to play by the schedual. When I posted to you before on why I hate Polian this is an example. BB would never say a thing,other than I don't make the schedual,thats the way it is.

Schedual? Sorry couldn't resist...

Only in your world...and what a warm and fuzzy place that must be...

My guess is that Carolina is fine with the schedule just as it is....and so I think I can safely speak for the rest of the league when I say, please, leave us out of your whiney, self-centered and wuss-i-fied complaints to the league

Seriously think about it. The Colts gets no benefit this season from this complaint. If anyone is to benefit from it, it will happen next and there after.

The competition commitee makes the scedules?

Don't be stupid. NO they don't make the schedule, but they can make schedule making recomendations.

Cry me a River.

i would have respected Polian's complaint more if he had said somehting LAST year when the shoe was on the other foot. i think the league should make every attempt to insure that monday nihgt teams have as easy a following weeks schedule as possible, including trying to incorporate byes as a subsequent weekend, but at least trying to ensure a home game subsequent to the monday nighters.

Didn't see this posted yet. It's by Felger in today's Herald. Looks like they're already lining up their excuse over in Indy for the impending beatdown at the hands of team Belichick. Whiney little b*tches!!

"Indianapolis general manager Bill Polian and the Colts are complaining, again. This time, it’s about a schedule that has them playing a road game this Sunday at Carolina on a short week following a road Monday night game in Jacksonville. After the Panthers, of course, the Colts return home for Armageddon Day against the Patriots on Nov. 4.

Research conducted by the Indianapolis Star showed that over the past decade, 24 teams have played road games on a short week following a road Monday night game. Those teams are 12-12 in the second game and have lost seven of the past 10. The Colts are further chafed because the Panthers are coming off a bye. The Star pointed out that that scenario has presented itself just three times since 1997.

Coach Tony Dungy said the team lodged a complaint with the league. Shocker!

“It’s harder, it definitely is,” said Dungy.

Of course, fans in New England are well aware of this routine by now. They’ve seen Polian go to the league over injury timeouts (Willie McGinest in 2003), illegal contact in the secondary (2003 AFC title game) and poor field conditions (divisional round in 2004). Just add another log to the fire.

Meanwhile, the Patriots are no stranger to the above schedule quirk. The Pats were asked to do it in 2004, playing Monday night at Miami on Dec. 20 (a 29-28 loss) and then traveling to the division rival Jets six days later (a 23-7 win).

The Pats had a similar case last year where the schedule had them on the road for a Monday night game on Oct. 30 (a blowout win at Minnesota) and then returning home to face the toughest team on their schedule six days later, the Colts. The Colts ran over the Pats in that game, 27-20.

If the Patriots publicly complained about any of those instances, there’s no record of it."
The part that you missed is that the Pats didn't also play a team coming off of a bye. This is a legitimate complaint.

Skins Fan

I'd take being a "percieved" whiner over being a proven cheater any day

Seems to me that since every road game's cost is exactly canceled out by a home game's benefit (in the regular season anyway) and every short week is exactly canceled out by a preceding long week, the Colts need to stop whining. Sure they have a small clump of negatives at once; but that clump leads to an equal amount of positives throughout the rest of the regular season.

Don't be stupid. NO they don't make the schedule, but they can make schedule making recomendations.

By complaing to the league, that is what the Colts are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back