PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian & Dungy Whining To The League Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several things...

This has already been mentioned.

This has nothing to do with the Patriots game.

The Patiots example is not the same. That was a road game followed by a home game. The Colts situation is 2 road games on the short week.

No, the issue is stfu and play the game. The issue also is that they were just emortalized by tmq as being the good un-whining team and here we have an example of their crying.

Newsflash: when you're the defending SB champs, your schedule is tough on purpose. From 2001 to 2005, the league continually made the Pats schedule tougher and tougher every year.
Actually, that is false. No concerted effort was made by the league to make the Pats schedule "tougher and tougher". It was all set by formula immediately follwing the finish of the prior regular season.

No, the issue is stfu and play the game. The issue also is that they were just emortalized by tmq as being the good un-whining team and here we have an example of their crying.

...not 'an example', it's 'yet another example'.

Teams should not be required to travel after a Monday night game on the road.

They aren't whining. That is your interpretation. They are complaining about something legitimately wrong in the scheduling software. It needs to be fixed.

You guys sound like the whiners. If the Patriots got stiffed by a bad software algorithm you'd want them to jump start some energy to get it fixed, wouldn't you?

Don't go homer to the extent that you fail to see that there is a legitimate need to improve the scheduling, especially with these moronic international games coming more and more.

For all you know the Colts did the Patriots a favor too because this, or worse, could happen to the Patriots if nobody puts a stop to it. It's about fairness. All teams should at least get a fair shake out of the schedule if possible.

The thing that gets me is that if the Patriots front office had lodged this complaint you would have a totally different (read: biased) take on it. This is not correct, to always be so biased that you fail to see reality. There is an objective reality, and in this case the Colts are right, and you guys are whiners.

I am sure that every, yes every, team complains about things to the league all year long.

So, you actually do have a crystal ball?!!!

I on the other hand am sure that you don't have one, and baseing your argument on something that you are not sure of is pretty poor.

I genuinely don't understand the basis of the complaint. The Superbowl champions are filing an objection because they have a harder schedule than other teams? Umm, ok, they can fix that for next year by losing.

Honestly.

It has nothing to do with the strength of schedule or anything to do with being the champs, this issue is two road games on a short week. So it has nothing to do with the previous year's record, it has to do with the schedule maker since this could happen to any team that plays a road Monday night game.

His complaint could end up helping all teams if the league tries to avoid the short road week in the future.

Just put it with the rest

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS LOGGED COMPLAINT STORAGE ROOM

RaidersSmithsonianWarehouse.jpg

They aren't whining. That is your interpretation. They are complaining about something legitimately wrong in the scheduling software. It needs to be fixed.

You guys sound like the whiners. If the Patriots got stiffed by a bad software algorithm you'd want them to jump start some energy to get it fixed, wouldn't you?

Don't go homer to the extent that you fail to see that there is a legitimate need to improve the scheduling, especially with these moronic international games coming more and more.

For all you know the Colts did the Patriots a favor too because this, or worse, could happen to the Patriots if nobody puts a stop to it. It's about fairness. All teams should at least get a fair shake out of the schedule if possible.

The thing that gets me is that if the Patriots front office had lodged this complaint you would have a totally different (read: biased) take on it. This is not correct, to always be so biased that you fail to see reality. There is an objective reality, and in this case the Colts are right, and you guys are whiners.

Ummmm it HAS happened to the Pats - back in 2004. Away on a Monday, then away game the following Sunday.

It has nothing to do with the strength of schedule or anything to do with being the champs, this issue is two road games on a short week. So it has nothing to do with the previous year's record, it has to do with the schedule maker since this could happen to any team that plays a road Monday night game.

His complaint could end up helping all teams if the league tries to avoid the short road week in the future.

So he's looking out for the league now?:rolleyes:
Why hasn't he "looked out" for any other teams when this has happened? Face it, Polian is a whinny little baby. Everyone around the league knows that. It isn't a Patriots thing.

So it has nothing to do with the previous year's record, it has to do with the schedule maker since this could happen to any team that plays a road Monday night game.

Are you sure? I ask this honestly, because when it happened to the Pats they were defending champions too. It's not hard to envision a scheduling algorithm that gives less weight to the convenience and well-being of the #32 team in the schedule pecking order.

If the constraints were many, and this was the lesser constraint, then it is not an issue of bad software as you say. There are issues that simply have tighter bottlenecks and for you to say that it could be easily solved means that you either have all the constraints mapped out, (which you don't) or you are a dunderhead who thinks because he turns on his computer that he is a software mavin.

wow, another team has to do the same thing this year and I'm not hearing them complain.

8 Oct 29 GB @ DEN 8:30 PM
9 Nov 04 GB @ KC 1:00 PM
10 Nov 11 MIN @ GB 1:00 PM

I know how the NFL should have fixed this problem at the beginning of the year, when the Colts most likely complained about it first. It's rather simple, if you ask me. They should have just swapped the Carolina and Jacksonville games. If they wanna ***** about the schedule being unfair, make them face the Pats on a short week. That'll teach 'em a lesson.

I think part of your post is correct. I think the Colts are more open about everything with the media. I am sure that every, yes every, team complains about things to the league all year long. The difference with the Colts is Polian loves to talk to the media and will freely talk about these issues. Once he does, people go ask Dungy. I sure most here think they should keep it quiet, I can't say I disagree, but they just happen to be very open and up front with their complaints.

Let's see if I understand this correctly. You're saying it is no big deal because every team complains to the league all the time anyway and that we're just singling out Polian & Dungy because their style is to do so publicly while everyone else is doing it behind the scenes?

Hmmm... this sounds alot like what we Pats fans have been saying all along about the whole spygate incident... singling out the Pats for doing something everyone else was doing anyway.

Just put it with the rest

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS LOGGED COMPLAINT STORAGE ROOM

RaidersSmithsonianWarehouse.jpg

Too funny! But then again, jokes that are based on a truism always are....

Actually, that is false. No concerted effort was made by the league to make the Pats schedule "tougher and tougher". It was all set by formula immediately follwing the finish of the prior regular season.

four of the games are decided based on the prior season record. And I'm not sure, but i thought that schedules weren't completed until after the SB, but I could be wrong about that.

Hey, workhorse, if you truly believe Polian complained in order to help all the teams in the league, then you are way overdue for your appointment at the glue factory....

It must have been a mere oversight by Pooligan that he never complained about it when it happened to one of those other teams.....

If the constraints were many, and this was the lesser constraint, then it is not an issue of bad software as you say. There are issues that simply have tighter bottlenecks and for you to say that it could be easily solved means that you either have all the constraints mapped out, (which you don't) or you are a dunderhead who thinks because he turns on his computer that he is a software mavin.

Yeah, what he said....

Didn't see this posted yet. It's by Felger in today's Herald. Looks like they're already lining up their excuse over in Indy for the impending beatdown at the hands of team Belichick. Whiney little b*tches!!

"Indianapolis general manager Bill Polian and the Colts are complaining, again. This time, it’s about a schedule that has them playing a road game this Sunday at Carolina on a short week following a road Monday night game in Jacksonville. After the Panthers, of course, the Colts return home for Armageddon Day against the Patriots on Nov. 4.

Research conducted by the Indianapolis Star showed that over the past decade, 24 teams have played road games on a short week following a road Monday night game. Those teams are 12-12 in the second game and have lost seven of the past 10. The Colts are further chafed because the Panthers are coming off a bye. The Star pointed out that that scenario has presented itself just three times since 1997.

Coach Tony Dungy said the team lodged a complaint with the league. Shocker!

“It’s harder, it definitely is,” said Dungy.

Of course, fans in New England are well aware of this routine by now. They’ve seen Polian go to the league over injury timeouts (Willie McGinest in 2003), illegal contact in the secondary (2003 AFC title game) and poor field conditions (divisional round in 2004). Just add another log to the fire.

Meanwhile, the Patriots are no stranger to the above schedule quirk. The Pats were asked to do it in 2004, playing Monday night at Miami on Dec. 20 (a 29-28 loss) and then traveling to the division rival Jets six days later (a 23-7 win).

The Pats had a similar case last year where the schedule had them on the road for a Monday night game on Oct. 30 (a blowout win at Minnesota) and then returning home to face the toughest team on their schedule six days later, the Colts. The Colts ran over the Pats in that game, 27-20.

If the Patriots publicly complained about any of those instances, there’s no record of it."
This is all part of Polian's backup plan to start lining up excuses for losing to the Pats on Nov. 4. Originally, he was going to use the cameragte thing, but was pretty upset when the chubby kid whined about it on opening day.

four of the games are decided based on the prior season record. And I'm not sure, but i thought that schedules weren't completed until after the SB, but I could be wrong about that.

Only two games are actually decided by prior year's division standing, so godef has a point.

However, there is no way that the league didn't intentionally set up the 2005 season to slow NE down. 4 road games in 5 games all against teams that made the playoffs the year before or came damn close, and then Indy getting their bye just before the NE game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back