PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian & Dungy Whining To The League Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, there were two examples given. One was the Patriots having two road games on the short week.

I was talking about the playing on Monday before the Colts game. Sorry for the confusion.

BTW, I have to agree with dryheat that the Gafney TD was a textbook case of a pushout. He clearly would have come down in bounds, so I don't get the point of having that in your sig.
Of course you think he would, I didn't read what he wrote, but in the end, very generous call. It's not like he jumped while he was a foot or two inbounds. Part of his feet were actually beyond the end line. He was falling ass first, no way he gets foot 2 down before his ass comes down, and regardless of defender, his ass comes down out of bounds. Quite generous.

Seriously think about it. The Colts gets no benefit this season from this complaint. If anyone is to benefit from it, it will happen next and there after.

This is why all Colt fans think Dumby is a saint and the Pooligan is perfect....

workhorse it too blind, or stupid, or both, to see that this is an example of self-centered whining by his team...it can't be that, no, not at all...if Dumby and Pooligan are involved there MUST be a higher purpose...

workhorse, I would ask you to seriously think about it...if Pooligan was doing this for teh geatere good, why did he make an issue of it only when it affected his team?...but I am afraid serious thought is beyond you....

Wouldn't it be more shocking and newsworthy if a week went by without Polian and the Colts crying about something?

:rocker: :rocker:

Right on brother.

Of course you think he would, I didn't read what he wrote, but in the end, very generous call. It's not like he jumped while he was a foot or two inbounds. Part of his feet were actually beyond the end line. He was falling ass first, no way he gets foot 2 down before his ass comes down, and regardless of defender, his ass comes down out of bounds. Quite generous.

Wow. You need to watch that play again. The only reason he was falling ass first was because he was pushed. Without a defender there he clearly gets his feet in bounds.

Unless you are just being you usual provocative self? :confused:

Wow. You need to watch that play again. The only reason he was falling ass first was because he was pushed. Without a defender there he clearly gets his feet in bounds.

Unless you are just being you usual provocative self? :confused:

I've watched it enough. I think it was generous. By defeinition, with his heels OVER the end line, there is no "he clearly lands inbounds". He was BARELY in bounds to begin with, why would you conclude that he would clearly come down with both feet in? Generous is all I am saying.

I've watched it enough. I think it was generous. By defeinition, with his heels OVER the end line, there is no "he clearly lands inbounds". He was BARELY in bounds to begin with, why would you conclude that he would clearly come down with both feet in? Generous is all I am saying.

Do you have a link to a replay? Seems that would solve the problem a little.

Polian and Dungy sure are popular here on this board. It seems like you guys have man crushes on more than just Brady

Last edited:

He leaped straight up, caught the ball, and was shoved OOBs. Really, there is no debate. The only assumption is that he would have come down in bounds according to the push out rule.

This is a rule that you have an issue with, not a call. There was never any doubt that it would be considered a push out, nor is there any doubt that it was the right call.

maybe its in the 11+ pages of comments about this, but why are the Colts bringing this up NOW? Shouldn't this have been brought up when the schedule came out? To bring it up now is just an effort on their part to try to set expectations on potential consequences.......

We go to Baltimore on a Monday night and then face the Steelers on a short week...........and I haven't heard anyone complain about that...........but wait, WH or HBM will find some Pats fan on some forum that did just that............but my point is, have Kraft or Belichick complained? NO

He leaped straight up, caught the ball, and was shoved OOBs. Really, there is no debate. The only assumption is that he would have come down in bounds according to the push out rule.

This is a rule that you have an issue with, not a call. There was never any doubt that it would be considered a push out, nor is there any doubt that it was the right call.
No doubt, why, because you say??

1.) Back of heels over end line? Yes
2.) Had to leap pretty high to make the catch? Yes
3.) Arms outstretched to catch the laser rocket pass? Yes
4.) Momentum of both the leap and the ball heading out of the end zone? Yes
5.) Questionable whether he could come down in-bounds? Certainly.
6.) Not a "lay down" call? Nope
7.) Generous? Yes!

Why bring it up? Old news man, I just have it as a reminder. Print it and post it on your bulletin board for all I care.

maybe its in the 11+ pages of comments about this, but why are the Colts bringing this up NOW? Shouldn't this have been brought up when the schedule came out? To bring it up now is just an effort on their part to try to set expectations on potential consequences.......

We go to Baltimore on a Monday night and then face the Steelers on a short week...........and I haven't heard anyone complain about that...........but wait, WH or HBM will find some Pats fan on some forum that did just that............but my point is, have Kraft or Belichick complained? NO

Is the Steeler game at home?

DUH!!

Not complaining, just pointing it out. Happens once in a while. Odd that only 24 times prior to this year, yet three teams are slated for it in one year. In the end, it would seem that they could make sure that every team that plays away on Monday Night, plays at home the following week. Simple. But it didn't work out that way.

No doubt, why, because you say??

1.) Back of heels over end line? Yes
2.) Had to leap pretty high to make the catch? Yes
3.) Arms outstretched to catch the laser rocket pass? Yes
4.) Momentum of both the leap and the ball heading out of the end zone? Yes
5.) Questionable whether he could come down in-bounds? Certainly.
6.) Not a "lay down" call? Nope
7.) Generous? Yes!

Why bring it up? Old news man, I just have it as a reminder. Print it and post it on your bulletin board for all I care.

It's on your sig. man. You brought it up.

BTW, his momentum was up, not away from the EZ. It was the shove that provided the momentum out of bounds. It was not very questionable at all that he would have come down in bounds had he not been shoved.

Sorry, it is just the way it is. You can point to that play to try at make it seem as if that game was fairly officiated, but it absolutely wasn't. Just enjoy your victory and move on. You don't see me putting anything in my sig to justify why NE was able to hold in the secondary in 2003 do you?

Edit to say: You are still missing the point with your post. Unless a ref can say with near certainty that the WR would *not* come down in bounds, it is a force out. Even in your skewed vantage point, you admit that there is still a good chance of Gafney coming down in bounds, ergo, pushout.

Last edited:
You are missing the second half of the short week. The issue is playing a road game on Monday and then playing another road game after that game. It's the travelling issue with the short week.

Your example has a road Sunday followed by a road Monday. The road Monday is followed by a home Sunday. I think that is the way the Colts are saying it should be done. If you are on the road for a Monday game, then it should be followed by a home Sunday game. Or if you are on the road following a Monday night game, then the Monday night game should be at home.

I see your point. Yup, I missed that.

Polian and Dungy sure are popular here on this board. It seems like you guys have man crushes on more than just Brady

Since their Superbowl victory last year (and coming back the way they did to beat the Pats to get there) I have a new respect for the Colts as a football team. But as an organization they make me sick (not quite as bad as the Jests though). But how can you honestly defend the organization and how they are portrayed in the media as the epitome of "goodness" and virtue when there is so much history with your GM and QB whining and crying all the time? And how do you dismiss the hypocrisy of your head coach who, through his sanctimonious spin, seems to have somehow ascended to a position as the moral conscience of the league? Please help me understand. I really want to!

Just put it with the rest

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS LOGGED COMPLAINT STORAGE ROOM

RaidersSmithsonianWarehouse.jpg

So very true... their panties must bunch up alot.

Who gives a crap about the dolts though?

The Patriots are all that matter.

Everyone who is anyone already knows this.

Last edited:
FWIW, it's my opinion that road games following a road MNF game should NEVER happen.

That said, it does happen, and the time and place to bring this up isn't in the middle of the season. It's for the NFL to deal with in the off-season when making up the schedule.

FWIW, it's my opinion that road games following a road MNF game should NEVER happen.

That said, it does happen, and the time and place to bring this up isn't in the middle of the season. It's for the NFL to deal with in the off-season when making up the schedule.

All Monday night games should precede that teams bye week. And all Thursday games should follow a team's bye week. This should not be too hard to schedule.

2-8-NE 8 :)20) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete short middle to D.Clark. (No call on Sanders)

3-6-IND 6 (1:35) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to J.Gaffney for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN [R.Mathis]. Play Challenged by IND and Upheld. (Timeout #1 by IND at 01:25.) (biggest gift ever)

I don't ever want to hear complaints about the AFCCG from a PATS* fan AGAIN!

You forgot the bogus PI calls on Troy Brown and Elis Hobbs and the non-call when Hayden was all over Caldwell and making contact while in the end zone. Also the Saturday TD that wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes