PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian & Dungy Whining To The League Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is old news. Spoke of earlier in the week. But what you fail to see, is that there is nothing "similar" to last year. Coming home after a Monday Nighter, and staying home is a much different animal than going back out on the road again for a Sunday 1 O'Clocker. The kicker (which no one alludes to in these conversations) is that we then TRAVEL to San Diego the next week. Toughest 4 game stretch, in terms of travel and opponents, that the Colts will have had in quite some time.
Cry me a fricken' river!

Wow - 80 posts for such a trivial matter

Summary of the discussion so far

Pats members - observation
Colts members - spin
Pats members - take the bait
Colts member - spin

repeat over 30 times

Can we just let HBM, Workhorse and Boomer state their opinion once and move on.... their entries will earn the merit their comments truly deserve :D

Well, since Dungy is complaining, God must think it is incorrect for this to happen in a football game. But if Belichick did this, the media would go crazy, calling the pats whiners and everything.

Oh well, if the colts think it will help them.

NaPolian after the 2003 AFCCG: "The Patwiots were holding us all game! How can the Refs let them play so rough? It's not fair. They were manhandling us out there. It's an outrage!!! I demand an investigation! Where do I file a complaint? Where's Kraft? I'm gonna punch his #&%#@&! lights out!"

Saint Dungy: It's harder. It definitely is. It's a big black mark on our sport is what it is. I don't point this out for my own sake but for the sake of the children."

Media response: "Wow. Have you ever seen such class--even in defeat? Such wholesome fellows with a fan base that espouses good ol' midwestern values. You know they must have a point. The rules aren't really being enforced. If they were you just know Peyton would have broken Dan Marino's TD record in this game alone. Given a level playing field poor wittle Peyton would've finally beat those bad old patwiots. The league needs to enforce fair play! And while they're at it let's mess up the Pats schedule so next year this game can be played in the dome cuz we're tired of watching the boring, cheating, lucky as hell Patriots win everything all the time. Jeez are they a classless bunch!"

BB after the 2006 AFCCG: "The Colts made more plays than us. They played better."

Media response: "Belichick is an arrogant pr*ck and a sore loser."

But let's see what would have happened had Belichick gone all Polian instead. Hmmmm....

BB: It's true the Colts made more plays than us but wtf is up with those big azz propane heaters behind our bench? It was hotter than Jessica Alba's camel toe down there.

Media response: "Belichick is an arrogant pr*ck and a sore loser."

BB: And did you notice the fans all were wearing earplugs and shouting into megaphones on our key third downs? How'd that happen? When I get my hands on Polian I'm gonna break his legs!"

Media response: "Bill Belichick may in fact be the Antichrist."

Several things...

This has already been mentioned.

This has nothing to do with the Patriots game.

The Patiots example is not the same. That was a road game followed by a home game. The Colts situation is 2 road games on the short week.

Last year we played @ Buffalo (Sunday) then a ROAD Monday night game @ Minny and then home for the Colts. How is that not the exact same thing? Actually its worse because we played the Colts right off of our short week. I don't remember it being a cause for concern for Polian last season. As part of the competition committee shouldn't he have noticed that trend and put an end to it then, all in the name of fairness of course? :confused:

Last edited:
...You guys sound like the whiners. If the Patriots got stiffed by a bad software algorithm you'd want them to jump start some energy to get it fixed, wouldn't you?...

...The thing that gets me is that if the Patriots front office had lodged this complaint you would have a totally different (read: biased) take on it. This is not correct, to always be so biased that you fail to see reality. There is an objective reality, and in this case the Colts are right, and you guys are whiners...

First off we're but mere fans and you're comparing us to your front office? We can b!tch and whine until we're Royal Blue in the face and it doesn't make a difference.

Secondly, I can't foresee a situation where BB and Kraft would take it upon themselves to make pre-emptive or post-game excuses for anything that didn't happen on the field of play.

And finally, of course we're biased. It comes with being a "fanatic". I've got no problem being hypocritical. But when it comes to the incessant wails of "unfair play" in the NFL, naPolian is behind it.

There are plenty of problems in the NFL. It just seems as though 31 of them can wait until the off-season and committee meetings to address them.

Last year we played @ Buffalo (Sunday) then a ROAD Monday night game @ Minny and then home for the Colts. How is that not the exact same thing? I don't remember it being a cause for concern for Polian last season. As part of the competition committee shouldn't he have noticed that trend and put an end to it then, all in the name of fairness of course? :confused:

You are missing the second half of the short week. The issue is playing a road game on Monday and then playing another road game after that game. It's the travelling issue with the short week.

Your example has a road Sunday followed by a road Monday. The road Monday is followed by a home Sunday. I think that is the way the Colts are saying it should be done. If you are on the road for a Monday game, then it should be followed by a home Sunday game. Or if you are on the road following a Monday night game, then the Monday night game should be at home.

HBM because you are a Colts homer I can see why you are defending this but what good does it do for Polian and Dungy to coplain to the league about the schedule they were given?

ALL teams at some point or another have to face a challenge like this. TRUE cahmpions would take this in stride and NOT complain to the league about it. This is where we as Pat fans loathe the Colts! You won't see BB or Kraft or anyone else inside the organization that matters complaining to the league about a schedule that was predetermined years in advance. THAT'S what champions do, this just continues to make the Colts look like whiny little b*tches.

Your team may have a hack "reporter" on their side (who by the way is bordering on slander with his articles) but even he looks like a little baby.

Keep crying, we love the taste of your tears!
I agree that it doesn't do them much good. But my guess is that they could give a crap about what some whacko MB posters think;)

As far as the schedule being made out years in advance, that is not true.

The OPPONENTS are determined, but the ACTUAL schedule, from week 1-16, is done each off season.

BTW, when is the last time you uys played in Miami in September??;)

Like I said before, the bigger issue is really the 4 week stretch, at least they have NE HOME before they go west, but it is a brutal section, none the less. I think they will look at it as a challenge, and rise up to the occasion.

If we were an 8-8 team, that would be one thing. But being a SB contender, one game might dictate the difference b/w a wildcard and a home game, or a road Playoff game versus HFA.
But, in the end, it is what it is.

OMFG...of all the ridiculous stupid f'ing things in this world to ***** about. Oh booohhhooooo....we have a short week and the other team had a bye...wwaaaahhhh. STFU and play the game. Don't give me this crap about it not being "fair". This is professional FOOTBALL, not figure skating....you bunch of f'ing pansies.

But, maybe on second thought, everything in sports and real life should be fair. If Manning ever gets injured, I think the Colts should get an extra 21 points for every game he doesn't play. Afterall, it's not "fair" to not play at full strength against a team not missing any starters!

What a crock of sh!t.

This is old news. Spoke of earlier in the week. But what you fail to see, is that there is nothing "similar" to last year. Coming home after a Monday Nighter, and staying home is a much different animal than going back out on the road again for a Sunday 1 O'Clocker. The kicker (which no one alludes to in these conversations) is that we then TRAVEL to San Diego the next week. Toughest 4 game stretch, in terms of travel and opponents, that the Colts will have had in quite some time. But, it is what it is. I'm sure they will strap it on and go play.

Man, you need to learn to READ. The 1st example mentioned was the Pats having to travel to NY on a short week.. Granted, it was just NY.

But the Point is that the Patriots have had the situation happen TWICE in the past few years..

Also, last I looked, The Pats are IN INDY... So Indy IS staying home.. So, your poiint about Indy going back on the road doesn't apply to the Pats.. it does apply to Carolina.. but so what.. Its not like its not happened to other teams..

Last edited:
You are missing the second half of the short week. The issue is playing a road game on Monday and then playing another road game after that game. It's the travelling issue with the short week.

Your example has a road Sunday followed by a road Monday. The road Monday is followed by a home Sunday. I think that is the way the Colts are saying it should be done. If you are on the road for a Monday game, then it should be followed by a home Sunday game. Or if you are on the road following a Monday night game, then the Monday night game should be at home.
Why? Because it's "tough"? It might be "challenging" or they may have to face "adversity." It's ridiculous to complain about stuff like this. The Patriot's went though one of the toughest road to the playoffs in history with a record amount of injuries...I know it wasn't "fair" but somehow they played the games and didn't file complaints to the league and cry to the media. It truly makes your team look pathetic and scared.

wow, another team has to do the same thing this year and I'm not hearing them complain.

8 Oct 29 GB @ DEN 8:30 PM
9 Nov 04 GB @ KC 1:00 PM
10 Nov 11 MIN @ GB 1:00 PM
I think Cincy or Tennessee does it too.

Newsflash: when you're the defending SB champs, your schedule is tough on purpose. From 2001 to 2005, the league continually made the Pats schedule tougher and tougher every year. I don't remember there being any whining about it by us. You also had an early bye. Every team that doesn't have to go to London this should STFU because they have nothing to moan about.

While I don't care for HBM, you're wrong regarding the scheduling from 2001 to 2005. First off, prior to the 2002 season, the league changed its divisions. They also changed how the scheduling worked. They set which teams would play which for 8 years. From 2002-2009. There are only 2 games each season that weren't set, specifically. Those are the two games that are decided based on how a team finishes in the division.

It just happened that the Pats had a tough schedule in 2003 and ended up playing against 10 teams with records of 10 wins or better.

I think Cincy or Tennessee does it too.

BTW, I have to agree with dryheat that the Gafney TD was a textbook case of a pushout. He clearly would have come down in bounds, so I don't get the point of having that in your sig.

Indianapolis should be called "whinerville"

Why? Because it's "tough"? It might be "challenging" or they may have to face "adversity." It's ridiculous to complain about stuff like this. The Patriot's went though one of the toughest road to the playoffs in history with a record amount of injuries...I know it wasn't "fair" but somehow they played the games and didn't file complaints to the league and cry to the media. It truly makes your team look pathetic and scared.

It's because you lose a day of preperation in a week with a Monday night game. When it's a road game the travel home cuts into things as well. When you travel to a road game it cuts into your prep time as well since you spend a day travelling. When you add the two together it cuts into a teams normal routine on both sides. I think people here are making a much bigger deal about this than the Colts.

Several things...

This has already been mentioned.

This has nothing to do with the Patriots game.

The Patiots example is not the same. That was a road game followed by a home game. The Colts situation is 2 road games on the short week.

Actually, there were two examples given. One was the Patriots having two road games on the short week.

The thing is...if the Colts think they are better than NE and the rest of the NFL teams...then Mr. Saints Tony Dungy shouldn't be whining like a hooker on the street...if you're good..proof to the world that you good football team...no matter what stand ahead of you...otherwise...just STFU and play some real football...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes