PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Players we miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.Harrison.

Mike Haynes and Curtis Martin were my binkies. Alas, both headed off to other teams when the Patriots couldn't get their act together to keep them.

On the other hand, I loved Wes Welker when he played for the Dolphins and was excited to see him come to the Patriots. He, too, ultimately left the Patriots but that was his own fault...

Ted Johnson was great as an ice cold run stuffer.
Larry Izzo was the Slater of his day (not as good but still)

Of course many star players deserve mention but these 2 should be remembered a tad more IMO on those 2001-2004 teams.

Cutting him was the stupidest ****.

Yeah I agree. I'm guessing BB thought Sergio Brown would have worked out. Just shows BB is human.

BenJarvis Green Ellis: Avacados at law.

Stanley Morgan!

Him and Grogan would hook up on that deep ball... best of some bad teams...

Not necessarily the stars, the names, but the role players.

The special team stalwarts: Mosi Tatupu, Larry Whigham, Larry Izzo.

Mike Wright was a guy I liked for his play; unfortunate that the ankle injuries limited him and then the concussions cut his career so short. Rich Ohrnberger was a funny guy; too bad he couldn't have stuck around longer.

Going further back I was a fan of a lot of players, like Don Calhoun, Clayton Weishuhn, Steve Zabel, Steve King, Shelby Jordan, Richard Bishop... as well as more well known 'name' players like Randy Vataha and Steve Nelson.

Not necessarily the stars, the names, but the role players. Those guys who made a difference when given the chance.

For me ... two - one from the 80's, one more recent:

Garin Veris and Patrick Pass.

Who is on your list?

Limiting this discussion to only role players is the only reason that Adam Seward doesn't dominate every post on this thread.

Andre Carter. He was one of the few bright spots on that putrid defense and would've helped in the playoffs/SB.

One of BB's best bargain singings and one of the more underrated pass rushers we've had. 10 sacks in 14 games and absolutely destroyed Ferguson.

Vincent Brown and a bunch of defensive others in the early nineties. They kept us in games week in and week out when we had no names at QB and putrid offen

Randall Gay
O-T-I-S

Castoffs who came from nowhere to land a starting or pivotal role.

For two years it was "How are these scrubs going to go up against the Colts?" And then they killed them.

Of course, their spiritual successor is Malcolm Butler. Kyle Arrington too, perhaps.

I liked Irving Fryar.

I miss Faulk and Jarvis Green. Kevin played great against the Jets while Green always played great against the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes