Welcome to PatsFans.com

Play-Offs: wich team will we play @ The Razor ?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by italian pat patriot, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

at this point wich team is candidate n.1 to come to Foxboro , if , like i expect, we will have seed n.4 in the Wild Card game ?
  2. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Denver...they are in the driver's seat for top wild card..which would mean the lesser team 6 would go to the 3rd seed....
  3. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

grazie Pats726

probably you do not believe me but i WANT DENVER...

like i would like, later on, the Chicago Bears (in my mind still after 21 years...)
  4. FloridaPatsFan

FloridaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know, the MO of our previous champions teams were to play the best teams in the AFC on the way to the SB so that no one could say we dodged a bullet by avoiding someone who is a bad match up for us.

I say, bring on Denver. This won't be a regular season game while we are still trying to develop and let that rookie come in and carry the load in a hostile environment.

And PLEASE let the MORONS around the country who pick games choose Denver to win.

Our boys love being told they can't win......
  5. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

i agree

yes: BRING THE BRONCOS @ Foxboro

i think the crowd at The Razor on that day will be awesome

anyway we have a great team: again and again we are in the play-offs, we are here happy to see our team 'into' the best ones...

i really love it !!!

it will be, again, an interesting beginning of the year...Go Pats !!!
  6. bobgeorge

bobgeorge Moderator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Personally I prefer Cincinnati. What I would like is this:

Indy loses, Pats win, Pats get 3 seed and Dolts 4

Jets lose to Miami, Bengals get 6, Denver the 5

Cincy comes to NE, we win
    Denver goes to Indy and gets clock cleaned

That way we get Denver out of the way and an easier road to the SB. We can win in either Baltimore or San Diego (but SD may not be there because Schottenheimer may have already thrown their season away by then). In this scenario, if we win at Baltimore and Indy knocks off SD at the Q...

AFC title game: Indy at Foxborough!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

Bob G
  7. bobgeorge

bobgeorge Moderator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I also couldn't see the Colts losing to Houston (see: my Jax pregame article, I am clearly on the record as literally guaranteeing a Colt win in Houston) and look what happened. Miami could very well win, especially if they knock off the Green Slime tonight. Right now the Colts are in a funk, and Miami could be very buoyant if they win tonight.

Bob G
  8. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree..I think denver is NOT the same...and after being eliminated by them..this team will be sky high and focused...and maybe with the Broncos thinking they HAVE the Pats number..a bit of ****iness..Hmmmm...I am not scared of them.. I keep thinking the Colts may lose..BUT..just don't see that..a LOT might as BG said depend on today's game. If the Jets win, Miami could fold easier and the Colts DO need a win going into the playoffs...
    Does't really matter though Denver, Cici..the Jets..they will take care of business fast.
  9. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

i like your scenario too

and...Buon Natale e Felice 2007 Bob George
  10. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

well said NEM - i agree 100%
  11. pencilneckgeek

pencilneckgeek Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -1

I expect Miami to win. They'll give Manning fits with the pressure they can bring and their ability to knock receivers off their routes. I wouldn't be suprised, however, if the Titans got the win next week, while the Pats play it like Week 3 of the pre-season.
  12. pats63

pats63 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The AFC div. is the real div.Once we make through this div.SB is ours for the picking......As for playing the wild card like the Jets......I think schooling the student would mean more to BB.....
    we also got an axe to grin with Denver....in other words,whoever it is I think this PATS will be ready......GO PATS!!!!!!:rocker:
  13. Aldogg

Aldogg Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I want nothing to do with Denver. The have our number it seems. On paper last year we had a better team, and we put out a lemon in the playoffs (with some help from the zebras, but 5 turnovers is a joke.) We all thought earlier this season we had them, seeing we had them at The Razor, and we were awful and lost again to them. I honestly think that Shanahan seems to be the kryptonite to our Superman combo of BB and Brady. Plus throw in the fact Denver seems to get a lot of calls to go thier way and they seem to be the dirtiest team in the league, espically in the trenches, and something tells me facing the Broncos might mean another early exit.

The only other team in the AFC that worries me is San Diego. Merriman is a beast on the defensive side of the ball, and seeing how we have issues with speed rushers like Taylor, I think Merriman would cause a lot of havoc. Throw in the fact LT is the best player in football right now, I hope Marty does what he always does and chokes, but this could be the team that gets him over the hump.
  14. italian pat patriot

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

in the AFC at the moment there is only 1 team that worries me: the Bolts.
    expecially playing them in SD

but not Denver, now...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.