PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plaxico Burress soon to be released and looking to play somewhere in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if he gets back to what he was he was never a great route runner so do we relly want Brady throwing up jump balls again they would be better off with Moss,

844812-fail_thread_super.jpg

I'd sign him because he is a awesome goal line target. This reminds me of the same discussion for Randy Moss a few years back. Half the board claimed Moss was a scumb bag and a cancer and would never want him as a Patriot regardless of his physical tools. When he was signed the people that wanted him went ballistic and the people that didn't want him turned cautiously optimistic with a hint of excitment from an ability standpoint. It turned out ok. Burres although not as talented as Moss would give an extra bit of excitment in the air to the receiving corps. Like him or hate him, that's the kind of player he is. A much older Vincent Jackson at less than half the cost. Probably a man with a new zest for life and meaning of what is important. In a heartbeat.

Give us (Jets) Welker and sign Burress. :D

Seriously, I wonder if he still has it. Brady to PB could be nasty.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Burress will now be released early and is on June 6th

I guess the warden is letting him go early in order to be signed and ready for TC...if there is one.

I expect the Giants to resign him or the Jets if Edwards is not retained

I don't want to get into the Vick-is-more-evil-than-Plaxico discussion. As far as the NFL is concerned, they are or soon will be both "rehabilitated" felons who are welcome to play in the league for our children to watch. Nothing we can do about that except switch the channel, which we don't.

I think the legitimate issue is Burress' age combined with his multi-year absence from playing at NFL speed with NFL hitting. A much younger Michael Vick looked pretty shaky in his initial outings and really needed a full year to get his game back. I don't think Burress has that kind of time. Some team will take a flyer on him, but I think even the Jets are too smart to waste the time and resources.

Last edited:
This is what you want?

imgres

Yeah.....I want Randy back then....:bricks:

I'd sign him because he is a awesome goal line target. This reminds me of the same discussion for Randy Moss a few years back. Half the board claimed Moss was a scumb bag and a cancer and would never want him as a Patriot regardless of his physical tools. When he was signed the people that wanted him went ballistic and the people that didn't want him turned cautiously optimistic with a hint of excitment from an ability standpoint. It turned out ok. Burres although not as talented as Moss would give an extra bit of excitment in the air to the receiving corps. Like him or hate him, that's the kind of player he is. A much older Vincent Jackson at less than half the cost. Probably a man with a new zest for life and meaning of what is important. In a heartbeat.

Forget about the gun incident for a minute. He's been late something late 37 times to meetings and been fined. Not gonna cut it here. He ain't changing that much.

He strikes me as a perfect Jet.

I don't think he can sign with a blue state team. Texas or Arizona could be a good fit. Anywhere he can get a concealment permit as a parolee should work.

Absolutely not. It would be like the US recruiting Adolf Hitler to fight with us against the Chinese(?) in World War III.

EDIT: For you sensitive folk out there Im not comparing Burress to Hitler. Just saying the situation in which you enlist the help of one of you mortal enemies to defeat a new one.

Last edited:
He might go to Pitt or to the Jets to replace Braylon or Santonio

He might go to Pitt or to the Jets to replace Braylon or Santonio

Can't see him going back to Pitt! They have Wallace to stretch the field. And Jets would only replace Edwards and Holmes if the new CBA changes the tenders they have been given!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST