PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pictures of Matt Cassel seen after the game immediately applying for a new job

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you watch SB36 highlights, you will see Weis tell Tom to be careful, don't make any rash throws, and we will play for OT if we have too. Bledsoe then told Tom, sling it baby (or words to that effect).....

Great point. Drew's "Just sling it" comment earned him a free trip to Buffalo! :)

Two words: FANTASY FOOTBALL.

It has changed the way most fans think about the game. For the masses, it turned players into interchangable units who are what their stats say they are, nothing more, nothing less.

That is why we hear: "How will we replace the 8 sacks WMG provided?"

Excellent post. Enjoyed the "rant".

walmart-005.jpg

Sad to see him go :(,Hope he does not screw this job up - Keep those cart wheels oiled well Matt,you are looking good out there!!

The reason so few are agreeing with you is not that Cassell is the second coming of Joe Montana, but that your argument and how you expressed it is very weak and offensive.

The Wal-Mart thing makes Cassell look like a dumb kid who can't do anything. That's ridiculous, and almost everybody but you realizes it. The fact he is not Tom Brady does not automatically make him Ryan Leaf. Also, he still has value to the team: how a backup QB practices and helps the #1 QB is arguably over the long run as important as his performance when entering a game. Cassell seems to do well in that respect.

Not to mention, he's a lot smarter than you are willing to acknowledge. He has a degree from USC, in communications. He apparently oone year had the highest GPA of any non-freshman football player.

Your own apparent weak reasoning ability tells me that when Cassell does leave the Patriots, he may well end up in a better job than you have.

walmart-005.jpg

Sad to see him go :(,Hope he does not screw this job up - Keep those cart wheels oiled well Matt,you are looking good out there!!

And i thought that was a picture of Patriot64!

Matt was awesome today!

John McCain's America. From pushing carts at Walmart to quarterbacking 20 consecutive win NFL teams.

Where are the guys that started this thread now?

Haheeeeehe ehehe

We chupie

I am right here..

WOW Matt Cassel BEAT THE FREAKING POWERHOUSE KANSAS CITY FU(KING CHIEFS!!! - What are the Chiefs going to win like maybe 6 games all year?

Do you really think beating the Chiefs is something to base what he will do against teams that are actually better then they are.

Just stop this lovefest sh!t until he proves it against the Colts,Chargers or a better team - For god sakes

I hate the Jets just as much as anyone here but I think Cassel gets to see an opposing HOF qb embarass him next week

Just don't piss me off with this ******ed 'he had 2 scores' whenit came up against the youngest defense in the NFL - please don't start an argument you will lose later on,then we can talk.

Last edited:

I am right here..

WOW Matt Cassel BEAT THE FREAKING POWERHOUSE KANSAS CITY FU(KING CHIEFS!!! - What are the Chiefs going to win like maybe 6 games all year?

Do you really think beating the Chiefs is something to base what he will do against teams that are actually better then the Chiefs are?.

Just stop this lovefest sh!t until he proves it against the Colts,Chargers or a better team - For god sakes

I hate the Jets more than anyone here but I think Cassel gets to see an opposing HOF qb embarass him next week

I am right here..

Do you really think beating the Chiefs is something to base what he will do against teams that are actually better then they are.

I hate the Jets just as much as anyone here but I think Cassel gets to see an opposing HOF qb embarass him next week

Just don't piss me off with this ******ed 'he had 2 scores' whenit came up against the youngest defense in the NFL - please don't start an argument you will lose later on,then we can talk.

And yet you call for his head... tsk, tsk. :rolleyes:

And yet you call for his head... tsk, tsk. :rolleyes:

I actually am looking forward to the likelyhood of Chris Simms signing tomorrow and coming in for the challenge - I have no doubts that Simms once adjusted to this offense will be the starting QB by mid season and he did have some good but brief moments in Tampa,Once Matt fu(ks up its a no brainer as I do not see the rookie O'Connell in there at all unless all of the other QBs tear their ACLs

Patriot64 is like the worst poster ever but seriously, 'I TOLD YOU SO!' thread bumps are lame.

Ryan Leaf had an great game to start his career as well.

Patriot64 is like the worst poster ever but seriously, 'I TOLD YOU SO!' thread bumps are lame.

Ryan Leaf had an great game to start his career as well.
papiqapuicho

Picture of Patriot 64 seen if Matt Cassel survives the final cut:

EatingCrow.jpg

Cassel is a player who's gotten to the NFL despite not being a #1 in college, and managed to stay in the NFL for years on top of that. He deserves respect for such an accomplishment, not derision from his own team's fan base. I hope he does survive the cut so that a meal like this can be yours.
As long as we're reviving old threads ....

I am right here..

Unlike Matt you are 0-2.

Way to necro. :singing:

I actually am looking forward to the likelyhood of Chris Simms signing tomorrow and coming in for the challenge - I have no doubts that Simms once adjusted to this offense will be the starting QB by mid season and he did have some good but brief moments in Tampa,Once Matt fu(ks up its a no brainer as I do not see the rookie O'Connell in there at all unless all of the other QBs tear their ACLs

Hilarious!!!!

I think it was this thread and the OP's image that I first thought of when I saw Brady go down. I mean, this preseason highlighted backup QB ineptitude more than any season in the Belichick era, and had all of us wondering what would happen if the unthinkable occurred. In the back of all of our minds during this thread was, "thank God we'll never have to actually worry about any of this." To see that actually happen, and the timing of it, is nothing short of cosmic.

At the very least, I'm glad most fans, once they get over the initial shock, circled the wagons as quickly as they could around MC once they realized it was him, and only him, they could root for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes