PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick #28 supposedly being shopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyBranch39

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Chargers could take advantage of Patriots' desire for draft move - SignOnSanDiego.com

Per rotoworld.

"word is" the Patriots are already shopping the No. 28 overall pick in the draft.
The Pats have two first-round picks and two second-rounders ... A.J. Smith's "history of partnering with Belichick" in draft-weekend trades, and reports that "the idea (of moving to No. 28) is intriguing" to Smith. New England's pick at No. 33 overall is also likely in play, but may not officially be until the first round is over on the night of April 28 and morning of April 29.

Just seeing what the value of the picks are.....

Happens every year.

yep, of course. Interesting that it's already been leaked to the media.

Just seeing what the value of the picks are.....

Happens every year.

Doubtless so. But just to toss a little fuel on a low-burning news day...one advantage of trading #28 before the draft could be to give them a flexible basket of picks for trading up from #17, eh? ;)

I just want a top talent pass rusher early this draft. The past two offseasons have left me disappointed that BB hasnt adressed a pretty obvious need.

I just want a top talent pass rusher early this draft. The past two offseasons have left me disappointed that BB hasnt adressed a pretty obvious need.

One would certainly think if it were to happen, this would be the year. The stats of being last in the league on 3rd downs, and a better than average selection of DE's/OLB's have to mean something. Couple that with the problem that we experienced late in the season on the line with injuries, players off of the street, etc--if this isn't the year, then he just doesn't agree with the whole thought.

It's gotta be front 7 with at least 2 picks in the first 6--right?? Right?? :confused:

I think you gotta dangle the bait in the water to see how many fish are biting. By the numbers and teams interested them can move up and down with better precision. Its also nice to know how many are interested in that spot because those teams might jump over you or between the 2 picks and reshuffle the deck. For teams looking at a QB in that area its telling. Its just as telling if a team might not be interested because they may figure their target to be gone by then. Lots of posturing, but it really doesnt mean anything new. And it certainly isnt to get a better selection of picks to trade up with.....we certainly have enough picks all over the place to do almost anything we want. Lastly, we most assuredly arent going to pick 6 times in the first 3 rounds.

shopping it right now is meaningless because nobody has any idea who will be there.

the #33 could bring a hefty bounty.......maybe a late #2 and a 2012 #1 if the right guy that the pats don't need/want is there

shopping it right now is meaningless because nobody has any idea who will be there.

the #33 could bring a hefty bounty.......maybe a late #2 and a 2012 #1 if the right guy that the pats don't need/want is there

Like. oh I don't know? Christian Ponder?

This whole thread is pretty amusing, really, considering what the "Writer" admitted in the article:

The only concrete thing to go on at this time is that a high-ranking Chargers insider confirmed the team has heard the chatter about the Patriots desire to maneuver with the 28th pick and said the idea is intriguing.

We literally have speculation about speculation about speculation!!
jester.gif

And he has the sack to call that "concrete"!!
jester.gif

That being said, I'm sure they ARE discussing options with other GM's, as I'm sure they do every single year.

That's hardly the same as "shopping" the Pick, which implies Motivated Seller. :rolleyes:

There is one possible problem with trading down this year. Just as free agents can't be signed and players under contract cannot be traded, as of today there is no 2012 draft and trading 2011 picks for selections in 2012 may not be allowed on draft day w/o a signed CBA.

I doubt that the patriots would just want to accumulate more picks in this years draft.

There is one possible problem with trading down this year. Just as free agents can't be signed and players under contract cannot be traded, as of today there is no 2012 draft and trading 2011 picks for selections in 2012 may not be allowed on draft day w/o a signed CBA.

I doubt that the patriots would just want to accumulate more picks in this years draft.

A number of teams—not just the Patriots—have already traded picks in the 2012 draft.

That would be quite the haul. Hard to imagine a team giving up all of that.

Then I remembered the Bills gave up a ton to move back up into the first and take J.P. Losman. Their 2nd, 5th, and next year's 1st.

And again, for J.P. Losman :singing:

A number of teams—not just the Patriots—have already traded picks in the 2012 draft.

I am not aware of any Patriots trades into the 2012 draft.

Chris Mortensen is tweeting on ESPN that the league has told teams that they trade into 2012 at their own risk

True, but checking an unreliable source ;) ... it seems NE traded a 2012 6th for Jarrad Page, sent a 2012 7th to Min in the Moss deal, and traded another 7th to Philly for Tracy White. The one 2012 pick they received in trade has already been spent. And to think, people consider BB to be the reincarnation of Machiavelli. :snob:

I hope New England decides to keep the thirty-third pick because there could be good value there such as Christian Ballard.

I don't think that they would've to trade up that high. Perhaps, you trade up with Cincinnati for the fourth pick or Cleveland for the sixth pick.

1. New England Patriots from Carolina Panthers

Von Miller, Outside Linebacker, Texas A&M

*New England trades picks No. 17 and 28 to Carolina for No. 1 overall

In a shocking turn of events the New England Patriots trade their two first-round picks (No. 17 & 28) to Carolina for the first overall selection.

Carolina is a rebuilding team with a cheap owner. Without a rookie wage scale Panthers owner Jerry Richardson will look to move this pick in the hopes of saving money. With a rookie wage scale the Panthers can not afford to miss out on a chance to grab two first-round caliber players.

The Patriots are not known for trading up this far, but we do all know they are not afraid to wheel-and-deal on draft day.

With few needs on a roster that produced 14 wins during the 2010 regular season, the Patriots do not need four draft picks in the first two rounds and can afford to give up two selections to move up here.

Von Miller fills a huge need in New England. He will be the Willie McGinest-style outside linebacker that Bill Belichick loves—only a lot faster.

2011 NFL Mock Draft: Two-Round Mock with Shocking Trades and Analysis | Bleacher Report

Comparing Von Miller to Willie McGinest: Example 2349082 of why Bleacher Report should never be used as a legitimate source for anything ever.

17 and 28 for #1. Carolina must of forgot their draft value chart when they made this trade.

Comparing Von Miller to Willie McGinest: Example 2349082 of why Bleacher Report should never be used as a legitimate source for anything ever.
I only needed one reason, 'it which was banned for life (several times)' "wrote" articles for them. :trolls:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes