PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Peyton given special treatment at ring ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.. This is the same team that VEHEMENTLY claimed that they didn't pipe in crowd noise and that claimed they didn't raise the temperature in the dome...

I think that their excuses are bunk..... But, its the Colts... They've given Manning special treatment beyond comparison.... The uy is the most hyped player ever.. Even more hyped than Brett Farve.. And if not for lousy officiating, should never have won his wrong.

Oh come on. You wouldn't vehemently deny something if you were falsely accused? I was at both games. It was loud, but the dome gets loud. They didn't pipe noise in. As far as the temperature goes, I don't think that they have heat at the dome only AC. I highly doubt that they did not use the AC. Even if they did not, both teams were playing in the same dome and it's not like it was even 80 degrees in there. Would you complain about the conditions if it was 90 and humid in Miami?

I have no reason not to believe the Colts, they have done nothing to cause me not to believe them. When it comes to a website that posts stories on their "rumor mill" without a source, I take it with a grain of salt. Besides all of that, why do you really care?

I'd think you'd guys have a little respect for him. He is hands down the best QB in the game right now.

ROTFL!
This from a moron who thought that the phins had the better QB last year.
Oh, and did I mention that he's also a two time welcher on bets made here?

Thanks for the brilliant post Trip, I'm sure you're a mensa candidate yourself.............how do the Manning posters look in your bedroom, pretty cool huh, you are one hip dude.

Try posting something to demonstrate you have an IQ at least two above plant life ok there chief..............

I don't like posters or those fathead things. Take up too much space. Anyway why do you guys care about what Manning does so much?

Who are all these Colts fans? Just **** off all the way back to the Star.

I don't like posters or those fathead things. Take up too much space. Anyway why do you guys care about what Manning does so much?

It's not that we care. This is a discussion on a story put out by ProFootball Weekly about the Colts ring ceremony. Is there a Miss Manners rule book on the etiquette of ring ceremonies? No, but it appears that some favoritism was displayed, and it's generated some understandable discussion along with the inevitable comparisons, that's all.

It's not that we care. This is a discussion on a story put out by ProFootball Weekly about the Colts ring ceremony. Is there a Miss Manners rule book on the etiquette of ring ceremonies? No, but it appears that some favoritism was displayed, and it's generated some understandable discussion along with the inevitable comparisons, that's all.

Pro Football Talk, actually. ;)

Oh come on. You wouldn't vehemently deny something if you were falsely accused? I was at both games. It was loud, but the dome gets loud. They didn't pipe noise in. As far as the temperature goes, I don't think that they have heat at the dome only AC. I highly doubt that they did not use the AC. Even if they did not, both teams were playing in the same dome and it's not like it was even 80 degrees in there. Would you complain about the conditions if it was 90 and humid in Miami?

Before you read my query, I want to let know that I was among the many Pats fans who tipped my hat off to the Colts for beating us last year.

That said, I believe that the stadium's temperature was purposefully kept a lot warmer than usual. I understand that you were at the game, but just listen to the commentators on TV if you watch the replay and you can hear them mention about how they thought that the actual temperature seemed to be at least 10 degrees warmer. Was the AC kept low or switched off? None of us can find that out. It is anyway moot IMO because that's what HFA is all about and kudos to you guys for making the best use of it.

Now, is there any truth to the claim that the Colts used a different light uniform (that helped them in that hot stadium) as opposed to the Pats who used their regular uniform which penalized them a lot especially considering that a few key players were already sick?

yikes!
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Craig Kelley, the Colts V.P. of Public Relations, just called in to tell us that the parents of quarterback Peyton Manning did not attend the team's recent Super Bowl ring ceremony, contrary to a report we posted last night in this space. We also have received two e-mails from Colts Manager of Publicity Justin ****ens on this same topic.

We've got no reason not to take the team's word for it, so we have no other option (and, trust us, we've explored them) than to say that our report was wr-wr-wr-incorrect and to apologize for the error. We regret it.

Meanwhile, we've got one specific source who will soon be fitted for a size 12 basketball shoe. In the rear end.

And we'll get to that project right after we reset our "days without a screwup" counter.

Why do you insist on attempting to use examples that are irrelevant? Miami is an outdoor stadium. The DOME is an INDOOR CLIMATE CONTROLLED stadium. FANS were complaining it was HOT there. There were comments by broadcasters saying that it seemed to be hotter than normal. If you have an issue with it, take it up with them..

I have no reason not to believe the Colts, they have done nothing to cause me not to believe them. When it comes to a website that posts stories on their "rumor mill" without a source, I take it with a grain of salt. Besides all of that, why do you really care?

Gee... how about the issue that Solman pointed out where Manning went to a Sweet 16 party, yet his agent denied it..... Though there are pictures showing him there... Let me guess,

Why do you care what we have to say on the subject of Peyton? Yet, here you are...

Did you ever stop to think that maybe people are sick and tired of Manning's HYPE? The fact that Manning is the face of football is laughable. The guy threw his teammates under the bus in 2005. He's blamed other players before. I've never heard him say that he was the problem. Yet, its clear that he is. He's not nearly as smart as he pretends to be.

yikes!

Craig Kelley, the Colts V.P. of Public Relations, just called in to tell us that the parents of quarterback Peyton Manning did not attend the team's recent Super Bowl ring ceremony, contrary to a report we posted last night in this space. We also have received two e-mails from Colts Manager of Publicity Justin ****ens on this same topic.

We've got no reason not to take the team's word for it, so we have no other option (and, trust us, we've explored them) than to say that our report was wr-wr-wr-incorrect and to apologize for the error. We regret it.

Meanwhile, we've got one specific source who will soon be fitted for a size 12 basketball shoe. In the rear end.

And we'll get to that project right after we reset our "days without a screwup" counter.

Well, there ya go. I guess a number of people felt that this was a rumor worth paying attention to.
So I guess I'll just go with my two explanations .....all these Mannings look alike and Paymeaton was just moving really fast that night. Or...Mom and Dad Manning weren't at the ceremony but were there for the ****tails before and after!!!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there ya go. I guess a number of people felt that this was a rumor worth paying attention to.
So I guess I'll just go with my two explanations .....all these Mannings look alike and Paymeaton was just moving really fast that night. Or...Mom and Dad Manning weren't at the ceremony but were there for the ****tails before and after!!!:p

I think you guys believe any & all bs that PFT throws out there.

Gee... how about the issue that Solman pointed out where Manning went to a Sweet 16 party, yet his agent denied it..... Though there are pictures showing him there... Let me guess,

Why do you care what we have to say on the subject of Peyton? Yet, here you are...

Did you ever stop to think that maybe people are sick and tired of Manning's HYPE? The fact that Manning is the face of football is laughable. The guy threw his teammates under the bus in 2005. He's blamed other players before. I've never heard him say that he was the problem. Yet, its clear that he is. He's not nearly as smart as he pretends to be.

I said I have no reason to doubt the Colts, not his agent. I would never trust anything that comes out of an agent's mouth.

I almost didn't post in this thread, but I guess since you guys are having a discussion about the Colts or their players.

I can understand you guys being sick of seeing Peyton everywhere (I would likely feel the same way if I saw the same about of Brady), but if that's the case why continue to have discussions about him.

What an idiotic statement. It has nothing to do with his ability as a player and everything to do with his prima donna attitude. Manning is not a "team-first guy" like Tom Brady, and this ring ceremony gaffe is just another example.

Cut aqua some slack. I mean he's only a teenager, so being a Dolphins fan that wasn't born when Carter was President, he has never actually seen what a franchise quarterback looks like up close.

As for this story, who really cares? This type of Page 6 gossip is becoming an obsession around here.

Last edited:
Cut aqua some slack. I mean he's only a teenager, so being a Dolphins fan that wasn't born when Carter was President, he has never actually seen what a franchise quarterback looks like up close.

As for this story, who really cares? This type of Page 6 gossip is becoming an obsession around here.

ProFootballTalk is a credible website. They have some great sources - just looks like they *might* have been wrong on this one. But it's not like the Colts would confirm the report, right?

Gotta give PFT credit for admitting they made a mistake, better than most of the mainstream media outlets.. for the most part they are pretty credible.

We should all show AquaSock a little respect. He's the best poster on the internet right now! Hands down!:rolleyes:

I could agree with that.:D

Chill out Patjew, my post had nothing to do with attacking. I just said I find it funny that he gets no respect from some on this board. No quarterback compares to him in this league.

POSTED 6:56 a.m. EDT, June 22, 2007
ARCHIE GOT A SEPARATE INVITE TO RING THING?

As it turns out, we might have been wrong when we said that we were wrong about the notion of special treatment for Colts quarterback Peyton Manning at the team's recent ring ceremony.

Our initial report was that Peyton was the only player permitted to bring his parents to the event. On Thursday morning, Colts manager of publicity Justin ****ens sent this e-mail to us: "The report posted on June 20 that Peyton Manning was permitted to bring his parents to the team's Super Bowl ring ceremony is erroneous. Archie and Olivia Manning were not present. Like all players, Peyton was given one guest invitation, and he was accompanied by his wife."

Not long thereafter, V.P. of public relations Craig Kelley called to tell us the same thing, and he requested a retraction. (He was very polite and generally seemed like a nice guy, by the way.)

But we didn't "retract" the story in the sense of erasing it from the site and pretending it never was there, because when we're wrong we believe that we need to acknowledge it not with fine print at the bottom of the classified ads, but with the same prominence that the incorrect report received.

As a result, we posted the corrected story, and we proceeded to contact the source who confirmed for us the notion that Peyton got special consideration for the event. And it seems that we screwed the thing up initially by not being clear with the source, and by making an unwarranted assumption -- i.e., that Archie actually accepted the invitation to attend.

So based on further discussions with the source from whom we've previously received and used information regarding the Colts, and who confirmed this specific story for us after we'd first heard about it from others, we are informed that Archie Manning's name was on the guest list.

The folks who were invited to the event were permitted to bring one guest. Peyton brought his wife. Most brought their wives/girlfriends. Others brought a parent, one coach brought his son, and a couple of players brought a former coach.

Apparently, the team got around the whole "one guest per attendee" rule with Peyton by giving Archie Manning a separate invitation to the ceremony. Presumably, if Archie had attended, he could have brought a guest, too. And that presumably would have been Mrs. Archie.

We asked ****ens and Kelley by e-mail on Thursday night whether there was a response to the notion that Archie was separately invited by the club. The response from Kelley was, "Can you tell me your source?"

Um. No. Unfortunately, disclosing unnamed sources is the quickest way to ensure that we would have no further unnamed sources. Ever.

So that's where the story currently stands. We've reiterated to Kelley our request for a response. If/when we get it, we will post it.
This isn't over yet.

No quarterback compares to him in this league.
You know that's just flame bait considering this is a Pats board, and whether you think Brady or Manning is the better QB, you can't dismiss either of them - they're in the same realm of greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes