PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Peyton given special treatment at ring ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this post is a little silly. Do we forget that Peyton's dad is Archie Manning? I'm betting this fact was the primary reason why this was allowed.
OK . . . so why was Archie Manning, retired Saints QB, at the Colts' ring ceremony ? Am I missing something ?

Stupid Patriots, they should have invited Dan Marino to their ceremony.

I'd think you'd guys have a little respect for him. He is hands down the best QB in the game right now.
...and the Dolphins will be the next SB Champs!
Thanks for the chuckle Aggah4.

It is just their team philosophy. Peyton isn't their QB, he's king of the organization. I find it distasteful but it has worked for them. They aren't about to change now.

Last edited:
It really is a slow off season isn't it.

It really is a slow off season isn't it.

I agree, this isn't even close to newsworthy. PFT should go back to crying about offseason contact in drills that doesn't bother players.

I agree, this isn't even close to newsworthy.
LMAO, a Colt and Cowboy fan judging what the Patriot board is discussing

:bricks:

Guys - there is NOTHING to discuss. Give us a month when training camp opens and we won't babble about nothing anymore.

It is just their team philosophy. Peyton isn't their QB, he's king of the organization. I find it distasteful but it has worked for them. They aren't about to change now.
I agree..it is what it is...many tiered rings.. and a nit of double standard...it is what it is...

I wonder if they made a special Tier One ring for that loser Archie ?

What an idiotic statement. It has nothing to do with his ability as a player and everything to do with his prima donna attitude. Manning is not a "team-first guy" like Tom Brady, and this ring ceremony gaffe is just another example.

Absolutely! This reminds me of two television commercials.
1) Brady at dinner surrounded by his O-linemen: not me, but my team!
2) Manning with a fake moustache svcking on his own wee wee, gloating over his dear old self. What a stool-pile!
:D

Imagine Welker at QB....
His snap count: Anna One, Anna Two....
heh!

Archie wasn't there....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 12:26 p.m. EDT, June 21, 2007

COLTS SAY ARCHIE WASN'T AT RING CEREMONY

Craig Kelley, the Colts V.P. of Public Relations, just called in to tell us that the parents of quarterback Peyton Manning did not attend the team's recent Super Bowl ring ceremony, contrary to a report we posted last night in this space. We also have received two e-mails from Colts Manager of Publicity Justin ****ens on this same topic.

We've got no reason not to take the team's word for it, so we have no other option (and, trust us, we've explored them) than to say that our report was wr-wr-wr-incorrect and to apologize for the error. We regret it.

Meanwhile, we've got one specific source who will soon be fitted for a size 12 basketball shoe. In the rear end.

And we'll get to that project right after we reset our "days without a screwup" counter.

Archie wasn't there....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 12:26 p.m. EDT, June 21, 2007

COLTS SAY ARCHIE WASN'T AT RING CEREMONY

Craig Kelley, the Colts V.P. of Public Relations, just called in to tell us that the parents of quarterback Peyton Manning did not attend the team's recent Super Bowl ring ceremony, contrary to a report we posted last night in this space. We also have received two e-mails from Colts Manager of Publicity Justin ****ens on this same topic.

We've got no reason not to take the team's word for it, so we have no other option (and, trust us, we've explored them) than to say that our report was wr-wr-wr-incorrect and to apologize for the error. We regret it.

Meanwhile, we've got one specific source who will soon be fitted for a size 12 basketball shoe. In the rear end.

And we'll get to that project right after we reset our "days without a screwup" counter.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................you're going to ruin all of their fun..........:rofl:

Hmmm.. This is the same team that VEHEMENTLY claimed that they didn't pipe in crowd noise and that claimed they didn't raise the temperature in the dome...

I think that their excuses are bunk..... But, its the Colts... They've given Manning special treatment beyond comparison.... The uy is the most hyped player ever.. Even more hyped than Brett Farve.. And if not for lousy officiating, should never have won his wrong.

Last edited:
Hmmm.. This is the same team that VEHEMENTLY claimed that they didn't pipe in crowd noise and that claimed they didn't raise the temperature in the dome...

I think that their excuses are bunk..... But, its the Colts... They've given Manning special treatment beyond comparison.... The uy is the most hyped player ever.. Even more hyped than Brett Farve.. And if not for lousy officiating, should never have won his wrong.

You guys are funny. Dumb but funny.

You guys are funny. Dumb but funny.

Peyton's agents got caught lying about not attending a sweet 16 for money. If the rest of the league is quick to believe rummors about Peyton and disbelieve denials, Peyton has nobody to blame but himself.

Last edited:
I swear, we're all starting to sound like the Colts fans did when we were champions.

Thanks for the brilliant post Trip, I'm sure you're a mensa candidate yourself.............how do the Manning posters look in your bedroom, pretty cool huh, you are one hip dude.

Try posting something to demonstrate you have an IQ at least two above plant life ok there chief..............

I swear, we're all starting to sound like the Colts fans did when we were champions.
Agreed, but then again some here are no better than some Colts fans, unfortunately every team has its mix of "special" fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes