PFT: Peyton given special treatment at ring ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 10:20 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 11:04 a.m. EDT, June 20, 2007
PEYTON GETS PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT AT RING PARTY?

Multiple sources tell us that Colts quarterback Peyton Manning was permitted to bring his parents to the team's Super Bowl ring ceremony -- and that no other players were afforded the same luxury.

We'd consider the move to be startling evidence of a double standard in Indy, if we weren't already convinced that such a standard exists. And has been there for a while now.

Still, there are rumblings that this specific inequity didn't sit well with some Colts players. Though we don't expect it to be an issue on the field in 2007, it's definitely something worth noting during the ssssslow time of the offseason.

Peyton is a fragile guy. He needs mommy and daddy to protect him from all those mean 300 lb. dudes.

Peyton is a fragile guy. He needs mommy and daddy to protect him from all those mean 300 lb. dudes.

I'd think you'd guys have a little respect for him. He is hands down the best QB in the game right now.

I'd think you'd guys have a little respect for him. He is hands down the best QB in the game right now.

What an idiotic statement. It has nothing to do with his ability as a player and everything to do with his prima donna attitude. Manning is not a "team-first guy" like Tom Brady, and this ring ceremony gaffe is just another example.

Compare this to the way the Patriots do business, although PFT says it will not effect the colts season, it still leaves a bitter taste..

What an idiotic statement. It has nothing to do with his ability as a player and everything to do with his prima donna attitude. Manning is not a "team-first guy" like Tom Brady, and this ring ceremony gaffe is just another example.

Ugh, I can't stand this prick (not you, Tune!) He's going on my ignore. From his obnoxious pics to his ridiculous posts, he's really taking away from my patsfans experience. I mean, why can't the loser stick to his own team's board.

Sometimes I really wish this site was limited to "patsfans".

Ugh, I can't stand this prick (not you, Tune!) He's going on my ignore. From his obnoxious pics to his ridiculous posts, he's really taking away from my patsfans experience. I mean, why can't the loser stick to his own team's board.

I'm with you. I've defended him here in the dim and distant past, but I've seen the error of my ways. It's really getting old now.

I'm with you. I've defended him here in the dim and distant past, but I've seen the error of my ways. It's really getting old now.

That's it, anyone who agrees with me goes on my ignore list too!!

Sorry, I'm feeling punchy, sitting here in Bangkok.

That's some fine leadership, Peyton.

But you have to look at things from his point of view: Archie got no attention at all last steason, and his son was just trying to get him some face time. :rolleyes:

That whole family just seems to be a bunch of entitled, whiny, self-important a-holes. It's amazing.

For some pretty decent Manning bashing, check out this great blog, The Hater Nation. It's Eli that gets most of the crap here though.

This is my favourite bit:

"Gomer Manning received his Super Bowl ring Thursday, but said that he won't have time to enjoy it because he doesn’t want to live in the past. This guy must have been a joy as a kid on Christmas as he immediately shelved all his new toys because he had another Christmas to prepare for in 364 days. Eli, of course, did not receive Christmas presents."

Last edited:
Well, this post is a little silly. Do we forget that Peyton's dad is Archie Manning? I'm betting this fact was the primary reason why this was allowed.

Well, this post is a little silly. Do we forget that Peyton's dad is Archie Manning? I'm betting this fact was the primary reason why this was allowed.

So what? Was it in honor of Archie's long, distinguished Colts career?

and the other players don't have parents who would have loved to have been there???

Dan Klecko's dad is Joe Klecko...Should he have been allowed to attend as well?

Me too, I just put him on it. He's a troll.

We should all show AquaSock a little respect. He's the best poster on the internet right now! Hands down!:rolleyes:

I certainly hope that this causes division with the Colts players. Anythng bad for the Colts is good for me.

Dan Klecko's dad is Joe Klecko...Should he have been allowed to attend as well?

Perfect point. I'd wager a decent % of NFL players' dads are former players themselves.

Hell, Joe Klecko was a better and more relevant player than Archie ever was.

That whole family is just a bunch of whiny media whores, I can't imagine anyone refuting otherwise.

All I have to say is: "But I don't wannnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaa play in San Diego!"

"Don't worry, son, it'll be alright. Daddy will take care of it. Hush now."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes