PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Keep an eye out for Pats and LJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this makes a lot of sense. Sammy should be close to coming back, and eLMo is starting to shine a little bit as the clear #1 back for us.

makes zero sense at all unless both Sammy and Fred are hurt much worse than we have been presuming

Last edited:
Belichick dismissed the possibility of signing Johnson during yesterday's discussion on WEEI. More idle speculation by Florio who continues to be a waste of space on the internet.

Belichick dismissed the possibility of signing Johnson during yesterday's discussion on WEEI. More idle speculation by Florio who continues to be a waste of space on the internet.

He didn't dismiss it at all - he actually said that it would be something they'd talk about, but the chances of them actually getting the player through the waiver claim system was very very low.

He didn't dismiss it at all - he actually said that it would be something they'd talk about, but the chances of them actually getting the player through the waiver claim system was very very low.

I believe he closed out by saying something to the effect of "I don't think we'd be interested ..."

Considering the tone of Belichick's voice when he answered "doubtful" to this question on WEEI yesterday afternoon, I'd say you can place this in the wild speculation/false rumor archive at PFT, right next to their story that Jeff Garcia was on his way to Foxborough and would be a Patriot by today.

Bill Belichick doesn't expect to see Johnson in a Pats uniform. (AP)

Bill Belichick, in his weekly visit on the Big Show on Monday, suggested that it was unlikely that the Patriots would acquire running back Larry Johnson, who was waived on Monday by the Chiefs. The Patriots head coach suggested that even if the Patriots were interested in acquiring the 29-year-old, he believes that another team with a higher waiver priority would claim Johnson, thus denying New England the chance to acquire him.

“Well, I haven’t seen the wire but I assume he’ll be on there. I would doubt [the Patriots would acquire Johnson],” Belichick said on the Big Show. “First of all, I think a player like that that’s on the wire, similar to [wide receiver] Chris Chambers who came on last week, somebody will get ahead of us. Even if we claim him, I doubt that we would get him.

“We have to decide whether we would want him or not. Maybe that’s something we’ll talk about,” Belichick added, “but I would think he’d be claimed before he would get to us.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the tone of Belichick's voice when he answered "doubtful" to this question on WEEI yesterday afternoon, I'd say you can place this in the wild speculation/false rumor archive at PFT, right next to their story that Jeff Garcia was on his way to Foxborough and would be a Patriot by today.

Isn't Florio the one who posted that the Pats were going to cut Randy Moss before the 2007 season? Seriously, it doesn't make sense, the Pats have been carrying both Morris and Taylor's roster spots for a few weeks now, if BB didn't think one or both of them wouldn't be back, he would have made a move long before now. Unless one of them has been a serious setback, I doubt that BB would bring in LJ, plus he kinda sucks right now!

Bill Belichick doesn't expect to see Johnson in a Pats uniform. (AP)

Bill Belichick, in his weekly visit on the Big Show on Monday, suggested that it was unlikely that the Patriots would acquire running back Larry Johnson, who was waived on Monday by the Chiefs. The Patriots head coach suggested that even if the Patriots were interested in acquiring the 29-year-old, he believes that another team with a higher waiver priority would claim Johnson, thus denying New England the chance to acquire him.

“Well, I haven’t seen the wire but I assume he’ll be on there. I would doubt [the Patriots would acquire Johnson],” Belichick said on the Big Show. “First of all, I think a player like that that’s on the wire, similar to [wide receiver] Chris Chambers who came on last week, somebody will get ahead of us. Even if we claim him, I doubt that we would get him.

“We have to decide whether we would want him or not. Maybe that’s something we’ll talk about,” Belichick added, “but I would think he’d be claimed before he would get to us.”

Sounds to me like Bill just doesn't think it can happen. But if it does....?

He didn't say he wouldn't :D I can't see the NFL letting a guy like LJ fall to the Pats, but if he did, we can toss Sammy Morris and his injury riddled ass to the curb after this season, and have an insane rushing attack along with Brady. Now this offense would really be unstroppable.

I don't think LJ sucks. I think he's just realizing he would never see anything in KC because that team wont be good until he's pretty much done.

He didn't respect his coach or the organization. Why should he? They never won anything, and it's going to be awhile before they do. That's why he wants to get the hell out of there. It's no different than when Dillon wanted to get the hell out of Cincy (and for good reason) He was sluggish on the field, unmotivated, malconent, etc.

If you people really think he wouldn't have a better shot here than anywhere else I dunno what to tell you. Again, I doubt he comes here, and I'm not trying to get all hyped up about it or anything. I'm just sayin'

This whole malconents and Patriots thing that people think never happens is pretty funny, that's all.

I don't think LJ sucks. I think he's just realizing he would never see anything in KC because that team wont be good until he's pretty much done.

He didn't respect his coach or the organization. Why should he? They never won anything, and it's going to be awhile before they do. That's why he wants to get the hell out of there. It's no different than when Dillon wanted to get the hell out of Cincy (and for good reason) He was sluggish on the field, unmotivated, malconent, etc.

If you people really think he wouldn't have a better shot here than anywhere else I dunno what to tell you. Again, I doubt he comes here, and I'm not trying to get all hyped up about it or anything. I'm just sayin'

This whole malconents and Patriots thing that people think never happens is pretty funny, that's all.

Was Dillon rushing for 2.7 yards per carry in Cincinnati?

BB didn't dismiss it out of hand. He pretty much said that he doesn't think LJ will clear waivers.

In fairness Belichick doesn't go around saying that he dislikes or would not want a player. Its just not his style, he prefers to refrain from saying bad things about players.

Not sure why anyone here would want Johnson on this team. The tread is definitely worn. However, let's assume for a second that this isn't the case and his terrible play is ONLY due to running behind a bad run blocking O-Line. Why would anyone think that he would be great here (where the run blocking is not a whole lot better)?

anyone else forgetting what a horrible locker room presence he is? i think he's probably 10x worse than how bad moss/dillon were perceived to be.. i know i wouldn't want him on this team even if he could still play at a hall of fame level..

I can see this happening because the Pats have injury concerns at RB and BB likes big running backs. A change of scenery and a winning atmosphere does wonders for players. However, I can't see this happening because of Johnson's off the field issues.

I can't see this happening because LJ is a crappy running back.

Not sure why anyone here would want Johnson on this team. The tread is definitely worn. However, let's assume for a second that this isn't the case and his terrible play is ONLY due to running behind a bad run blocking O-Line. Why would anyone think that he would be great here (where the run blocking is not a whole lot better)?

Fair point, but Matt Cassel will let you know how the O-line of the chiefs really suck. I mean they are playing like a high school O-Line against professional. I doubt Cassel will last the season.
Now, our O-Line is much much better, LJ is a big Dillion type running back that BB likes. There will be a lot that we can do with LJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back