PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Belichick says "uncle" to his new daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why even play them after the half? Collins going to get them back in the game?

would he have done that if the Pats were up by 21? don't think so.
Actually past history suggests yes, he would have, despite the propoganda from the media.

2009: Hoyer has played 3 games; games decided by 21+ points: 3
2008: O'Connell plays in 2 games, blowouts: 3
2007: Cassel plays in 6 games, Guttierez in 5; blowouts: 5
2006: Cassel plays in 6 games, Testaverde in 3; blowouts: 5
2005: Cassel plays in 2 games, Flutie in 5; blowouts: 2
2004: Davey plays in 4 games; blowouts: 2
2003: Huard plays in 2 games, Davey in 1; blowouts: 2
2002: Davey plays in 2 games; blowouts: 2

My suggestion is that you not believe everything the media tells you.

What media ESPN? which looks a lot like the pro-Pats channel or NFLN?, ya they will spin it to look bad for the Pats.

Why even play them after the half? Collins going to get them back in the game?
The general rule of thumb is that you don't consider taking your starters out till after the first series of the second half. Reason for that is this: whatever you did in the first half, your opponent could duplicate in the second half. One series makes the game more than half over at that point.

Please let me know when an NFL team has ever emptied it's bench prior to that point in a game, other than in meaningless (i.e., last week of the season, preseason) games.

What media ESPN? which looks a lot like the pro-Pats channel or NFLN?, ya they will spin it to look bad for the Pats.
Yeah, bspn where every other story is a complete fabrication.

Look, if you want to talk football, this is a great site for that (except during the 48 hours after a loss). If you want to speculate about things like running up the score and respect or whatever else you're trying to spin, the comment sections at espn.com and pft.com are right up your alley.

Yeah, bspn where every other story is a complete fabrication.

Look, if you want to talk football, this is a great site for that (except during the 48 hours after a loss). If you want to speculate about things like running up the score and respect or whatever else you're trying to spin, the comment sections at espn.com and pft.com are right up your alley.

I am just wondering why the only people who say no taping happened and or it had no effect are Pat fans. And why up by 21 late in a game and still throwing deep for Td's (not just to get 1st downs to run some clock) is sportsman like? thats all. Just trying to get a Pats fans side.

I am just wondering why the only people who say no taping happened and or it had no effect are Pat fans. And why up by 21 late in a game and still throwing deep for Td's (not just to get 1st downs to run some clock) is sportsman like? thats all. Just trying to get a Pats fans side.

Man, you are all over this board today, aren't ya ? Why this sudden interest in getting the pats fans perspective ? hmmm intesting :rolleyes:

Dont follow the logic, man2reg87? Wouldn't fans who are educated about the hometown team have a more informed opinion than someone who follows their own team? The rose-colored glasses theory doesn't apply here.

Maybe BB did run up some scores. However, I now have no doubt that for the past 4 years, he felt deep-down that his defense is vulnerable. Based on what has happened, how can you argue with that line of thinking?

I know you are just trying to stir the pot, but c'mon come up with more tha n he-said-she-said.

Let the Colts troll have his fun for now. January is around the corner and the inevitable Manning collapse is coming

If he is a Colts fan, he is in for a rude awakening.

Would throwing deep gain a first down? check. Would it eat some clock? check. Would scoring more points make a win even more likely? check.

Where's your problem?

If he is a Colts fan, he is in for a rude awakening.

I think at this point is more of the norm than a "rude awakening". Going deep in the playoffs is the oddity for the Colts, not busting out early.

And I'm wondering what kind of a person signs up for a messageboard for a team which he is neither a fan of, and his team isn't playing, in order to gloat because that team lost the previous evening.

Dont follow the logic, man2reg87? Wouldn't fans who are educated about the hometown team have a more informed opinion than someone who follows their own team? The rose-colored glasses theory doesn't apply here.

Maybe BB did run up some scores. However, I now have no doubt that for the past 4 years, he felt deep-down that his defense is vulnerable. Based on what has happened, how can you argue with that line of thinking?

I know you are just trying to stir the pot, but c'mon come up with more tha n he-said-she-said.

I can understand against some teams with an elite qb or top notch rb. Not rubbing it in but twice now the Colts have come back and burnt BB. But some teams there is no way say a Collins led 0'fer Titans team is coming back.

I can understand against some teams with an elite qb or top notch rb. Not rubbing it in but twice now the Colts have come back and burnt BB. But some teams there is no way say a Collins led 0'fer Titans team is coming back.

Ok. Are you looking for me to disagree?

As soon as the Pats can generate a pass-rush with 4-5 players and have 1-2 guys in the secondary who know how to press-cover, they will be able to handle the high-powered offenses.

Until then....status quo.

Would throwing deep gain a first down? check. Would it eat some clock? check. Would scoring more points make a win even more likely? check.

Where's your problem?

2nd and 4 from mid field....30 yard pass...1st down, yes...
Another 15 yard pass...1st down....yes
Eat clock....yes... what 40-50 seconds,
another 5 yard pass...more points to make a win more likely...yes

but you are already up by 21.

Sportsmanship....NO

In case you missed it, Chris Johnson is the best RB in the NFL.

In case you missed it, Collins led that team to a 10-0 start and NFL-best 13-3 record last year.

And by the way, the Pats didn't throw it deep once in the 2nd half of that game.

As I said before, don't believe all the myths the media tells you.

will i have to say he pulled the starter's with 6 min left to tell the saints to stop scoreing

the saints could of put 50 on the pats tonight

so ya he did say uncle lol

And, with a 21 point lead and 4 minutes left to go in the game, Brees was throwing bombs into the end zone.

Oh no, the NFL pundits cried, Brees and the Saints are running it up, they have no class!!!!

Why would he pull Brady down by 21? Not to risk injury?
But up by 21, leave him in to continue throwing deep. (Running up the score?)
No risk of injury there. Can't really beleive the Pats quit.

No matter if it is spelled with an "e" or an "a", Peyton/Payton maybe in BB's head.

Because he never left Brady in!!

That's why.

Peyton played later into games in his record sitting year than Brady did in his record setting year, and this is easy to prove since Brady threw his 50th TD in less minutes than Peyton threw his 49th.

So try again.

Brady got pulled in the 3rd quarter that year a few times. heck, Brady got pulled with 26 minutes left in the titans game THIS YEAR!!!!

You saw another 'GENIUS' sign of BB. Did he do that with TB, Moss, and Welker?????? Ouch, BB lovers got hurt.

The truth is hurt. NEVER SAY NEVER.

What really happens when we can't compete??

1- We let other talk trash.
2- We pull all the starters.

Dear BB,

STOP WORRIED ABOUT THE 'FUTURE' when you have a crappy present.

Can you translate this into English? I have no clue what you're going on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST