PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Belichick says "uncle" to his new daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart Pull... the game was lost.

Long time reader, first time poster.
Who in their right mind would leave Brady in at that point. Live to play another day.

You called Brady classless for throwing when up by 21.

That means that Manning and Brees are classless too.

Much to your surprise Brees was throwing with 4 minutes left last night for the end zone.

Don't you get it? Every other team in the league is allowed to do that and not have their integrity questioned. The New England Patriots are not, they are not allowed to win, they are not allowed to score, the only thing that is acceptable for them to do in the NFL is lose and lose big. That's how other fanbases want it.

Don't you get it? Every other team in the league is allowed to do that and not have their integrity questioned. The New England Patriots are not, they are not allowed to win, they are not allowed to score, the only thing that is acceptable for them to do in the NFL is lose and lose big. That's how other fanbases want it.

Not only that, it is "par for the course", and acceptable to have everything Coach BB and the Pats do, scrutinized to the hilt, criticized, constantly put in "no win" situations, excoriated for the littlest of things with the media, made to be put in "defense" made when reckless unsubstantiated allegations are raised (see Spygate I, Spygate II). Someone else brought a good point, maybe just maybe BB was so PO'd at his starters that he yanked them to make a point to them, and get their attention. If Brady stays in and gets injured, he takes a grilling for keeping him in. I swear, it is like this man and this franchise is always put in "no win" situations. Not complaining, I guess it is what it is, and see why the man has no use for the media, and just chugs along.

EZ76

I'm not sure every other team is allowed to do it, nor do I think New England is not allowed to score or win. I mean, every fan base wants their team to win and others lose. I think some people look at it and say were is the parity? A lot of people are probably saying it is time for New England and the Colts to decline. In this era of free agency a decade of success can wear on some. Jealousy, envy or what have you. They themselve can't take out the team, so why not hit the fans with trash talk and spam their boards. To be honest, I question teams New England, Colts, Saints lighting up scoreboards and kicking a team when their down, but if they don't like it stop'em. And the spygate days, I still wonder, you know, what if it did happen and they gained some advantage? Anyway I for one moved on and others should too.

I'm not sure every other team is allowed to do it, nor do I think New England is not allowed to score or win. I mean, every fan base wants their team to win and others lose. I think some people look at it and say were is the parity? A lot of people are probably saying it is time for New England and the Colts to decline. In this era of free agency a decade of success can wear on some. Jealousy, envy or what have you. They themselve can't take out the team, so why not hit the fans with trash talk and spam their boards. To be honest, I question teams New England, Colts, Saints lighting up scoreboards and kicking a team when their down, but if they don't like it stop'em. And the spygate days, I still wonder, you know, what if it did happen and they gained some advantage? Anyway I for one moved on and others should too.

Good post, but the end?

What do you mean, "if it did happen?"

Belichick admitted to it happening. He gave Goodell the tapes.

Of course it helped them. That's why he did it. Did he get an advantage? No. Because 2/3rds of the rest of the teams were doing the same thing, and the 1/3rd who weren't doing it could have done it.

In fact, there's nothing to prevent teams from taping still, as long as they are doing it under an enclosure (i.e. if they are in a box with a roof over their heads).

You're not referring to the Super Bowl allegations are you? Those are proven to be bogus.

Good post, but the end?

What do you mean, "if it did happen?"

Belichick admitted to it happening. He gave Goodell the tapes.

Of course it helped them. That's why he did it. Did he get an advantage? No. Because 2/3rds of the rest of the teams were doing the same thing, and the 1/3rd who weren't doing it could have done it.

In fact, there's nothing to prevent teams from taping still, as long as they are doing it under an enclosure (i.e. if they are in a box with a roof over their heads).

You're not referring to the Super Bowl allegations are you? Those are proven to be bogus.

Exactly, I am so f'ing tired of this worn out "Spygate" crap. I wish they would all get over it finally. They already used it to accomplish their desired goals, derail a perfect season, tar and feather Coach BB, tarnish his reputation, and knock down the Pats from the pedestal in this age of desired "parity" in the league. I am no "Grassy Knoll" conspiracy theorist, but boy, when I put all this together, I can't help but wonder if I am hearing those "black helicopters" hovering above my house some times. Let's see, the Pats were repeatedly highly successful in this era of free agency and salary caps (which ain't supposed to happen, I suppose), HHHMMM, must be "cheating", right? Can't find anything.....So they have to "manufacture" some "circumstance" and propogandize it. Then, hit the Pats with punishments, that in my opinion, equate to arresting, imprisoning for 4 years, and fining someone $25,000 for something like driving 5 miles over a posted speed limit on an Interstate. Again, all the "haters" out there fail to realize it was NOT the so called taping of signals that was the violation, it was WHERE it was done !!!! Even other big time coaches came out and admitted they did the SAME EXACT THING !!!! And, if any of those sanctimonious @$$holes out there, with their "manufactured outrage", think that the Pats were the only ones engaged in this sort of "advantage seeking", you are incredibly nieve. I have some ocean front property in Topeka, Kansas to sell you, if you are interested. This is one of the reasons so many teams change their signals quite often. To those "haters" out there, especially from those "smaller market" teams, maybe you should, instead be thankful for the welfare checks (oh, I am sorry I meant "revenue sharing") that big market teams like the Pats provide to support and subsidize your teams. If not for that, you might NOT have a team in your neck of the woods right now.

Sorry for the rants folks, I will get off my soap box now. I am just so sick of that crap.

EZ76

Last edited:
IMO,

Bill knew he probably wasn't going to win, realizes his team is playing like a nancy boy every time they face a real team.

Maybe, just maybe he said screw it, sit down and suffer to the team? Maybe he's trying to get them motivated? I don't think the Patriots were going to beat a Saints team that kept the energy level on their side for 60 minutes. That's JMO. No, I'm not making an excuse. BB knew probably he wouldn't win, figured the very small chance wasn't worth any injuries, and wanted to sit his guys.

IMO,

Bill knew he probably wasn't going to win, realizes his team is playing like a nancy boy every time they face a real team.

Maybe, just maybe he said screw it, sit down and suffer to the team? Maybe he's trying to get them motivated? I don't think the Patriots were going to beat a Saints team that kept the energy level on their side for 60 minutes. That's JMO. No, I'm not making an excuse. BB knew probably he wouldn't win, figured the very small chance wasn't worth any injuries, and wanted to sit his guys.

I think that may be part of it, and maybe Coach BB was so frustrated with some of his starters that he pulled them on a nationally televised game, to get their attention. Believe me, if I were in their shoes, it would have gotten my attention real quickly, and I would be stepping it up big time from here on out. If that is indeed the case, and it works, Coach BB will again look like psychological genius that he is. Of course, it will be "spun" differently in the media, but par for the course, I guess. BB would never admit that, publically, if that were the case. But, I would bet he would be telling them that at practice this week.

EZ76

Last edited:
I think it may be that, and in combination that Coach BB was so frustrated with some of his starters that he pulled them on a nationally televised game, to get their attention. Believe me, if I were in one of their shoes, it would have gotten my attention, adn I would be stepping it up big time.

EZ76

I simply agree. It's not an excuse, I just think BB is trying to wake up the beast inside these guys. They're not there yet, and failure breeds will to succeed. As funny as it sounds it's true. I just hope they get hot at the right time.

You don't get it? Really?

When we have a 21 point lead against an elite offense, you HAVE to keep on the gas to close out the game. If we had a dominating defense this might not be the case, but it is becoming clear that our defense cannot make stops in the 4th quarter.

Last night, we were down 21 points with 5 minutes to play. Is it possible that the Pats offense scores 21 points in 5 minutes? Sure. Is it likely? No. Given the situation, it is even more unlikely (no O-line). Even more important is the defense. We would have essentially forced the Saints to go 3-n-out on 3 straight possessions or get a turn-over. It wasn't going to happen and everyone knows it. BB did the smart thing to take Brady, Moss, and Welker out.

Hey man - I hear you and I basically agree with your points.

But it is inconsistent with his philosophy which mostly has been exhibited with monster leads, specifically in the 18-1 season. Up by 4 touchdowns and Cassel throws a pick 6 and they go back to the spread offense for Brady's 6th?

remember when he was asked about running up the score? He went ballistic on the reporter and referenced some obscure comebacks that he had been involved in over a 35 year period (at that time 33 year NFL tenure).

Truth is the team was toast. Personally, I am happy Belichick has some tape for the first Sunday in Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back