PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Belichick says "uncle" to his new daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
would he have done that if the Pats were up by 21? don't think so. Regardless who the opponent was the following week. What would have you thought if after BB pulls starters, Brees continued to bomb the ball down field for a couple more TDs?

He did. Brees threw into the end zone from 40 yards out a couple times after Brady was out of the game.

Did you watch last night's game?

Do you know what you're talking about?

No.

so why risk injury to the franchise QB?

But yet up by 21 he will risk it so Brady can pad some stats?

You're a one-trick-pony and your trick is tired and wrong.

Because he never left Brady in!!

That's why.

Peyton played later into games in his record sitting year than Brady did in his record setting year, and this is easy to prove since Brady threw his 50th TD in less minutes than Peyton threw his 49th.

So try again.

Brady got pulled in the 3rd quarter that year a few times. heck, Brady got pulled with 26 minutes left in the titans game THIS YEAR!!!!

might want to check the stats on that one...if you want to go there...Brady had mor attempts then Manning that year..so Manning did it on less attempts.

I am just wondering why the only people who say no taping happened and or it had no effect are Pat fans. And why up by 21 late in a game and still throwing deep for Td's (not just to get 1st downs to run some clock) is sportsman like? thats all. Just trying to get a Pats fans side.

Answer A. Because other teams are jealous of the Patriots 3 Super Bowls, especially Colts fans.

Answer B. Peyton threw more TDs and stayed in games longer than Brady when they were out of hand. The proof is in the stats. Even though Manning sat out games at the end of the season, Brady played a total of 8 minutes more in 2007 than Manning did in his record setting year. Brady threw his 50th TD on the first play of the 4th qtr of the last game. 6 1/2 minutes later, he bypassed Manning for minutes played.

Last edited:
so why risk injury to the franchise QB?

But yet up by 21 he will risk it so Brady can pad some stats?

Short week, divisional opponent upcoming = different priorities. It's been said plenty of times on this thread, but the 3rd time might be the charm for a dumb hick like yourself.

I can understand against some teams with an elite qb or top notch rb. Not rubbing it in but twice now the Colts have come back and burnt BB. But some teams there is no way say a Collins led 0'fer Titans team is coming back.

Brady was pulled at the start of the 3rd quarter.

I'm convinced you haven't watched Patriot games because you don't know WTF you're talking about.

in case YOU missed, 59-0. really?!?! is he that good? the Colts held him to 34 yardes rushing...THIS year.

He's the best in the league.

But get this through your thick skull: Brady was pulled after the first series of the 3rd quarter.

might want to check the stats on that one...if you want to go there...Brady had mor attempts then Manning that year..so Manning did it on less attempts.

Fact is, Manning stayed in the games LONGER. Attempts mean nothing since the Patriots use their short passing game as a running game. So what? Big deal. We throw more WR screens than any team in the league.

in case YOU missed, 59-0. really?!?! is he that good? the Colts held him to 34 yardes rushing...THIS year.
Yes, despite that game Chris Johnson is that good. He's on pace to rush for over 2000 yards this year. He's the best running back in the NFL.

Do you even follow the NFL?

Yes, despite that game Chris Johnson is that good. He's on pace to rush for over 2000 yards this year. He's the best running back in the NFL.

Apparently he doesn't.

He doesn't know how good Johnson is.
Doesn't realize that Brees was throwing for the end zone last night after Brady went out.
Doesn't know that Manning played more garbage time minutes in his record year than Brady.
Isn't aware that Brady came out at the start of the 3rd quarter against the Titans.

You could fill many books with his mistaken assumptions.

I'm done with him.

59-0
the Colts held him to 34 yards rushing
So your Pats felt like they needed to put up 59 points to ensure a win?

I am just wondering why the only people who say no taping happened and or it had no effect are Pat fans. And why up by 21 late in a game and still throwing deep for Td's (not just to get 1st downs to run some clock) is sportsman like? thats all. Just trying to get a Pats fans side.

yes, you seem like a very sincere non-troll to me.:rolleyes:

59-0

Brady was pulled after the first series of the 3rd Quarter. He played 1 series to start the 3rd Quarter? What do you suggest, he get pulled half-way through the 2nd Quarter? He certainly wasn't much of an injury risk given the lack of pass rush from the Titans, so really it was a case of the Pats wanting to have a successful drive to start the 2nd half and then sit Brady.

As for last night's game, the reason you don't leave Brady in is because of the pass-rush. The Pats clearly weren't going to make a comeback and leaving Brady in WOULD be a serious risk of injury. There was simply no reason to send him back out once they fell behind by 21 with little time left to play.

Last edited:
59-0
So according to you what, they're supposed to take a knee four times and turn it back over on downs with every possession starting sometime in the second quarter?

59-0

Historically (see 2004), the Colts have scored points in bunches after the outcome of the game was determined. Blowouts happen. Team tack on points for a number of reason (stats, hatred, axe-to-grind) we've gone over this many times on this board...

It's funny how you guys will spin things.
number of attemps don't matter but game time does? WOW!!
even though Manning sat out some at the end of the seaon.
I think it should be the other way around, took Brady more throws than Manning.
You guys were the ones throwing in the Manning vs. Brady thing.
I wasn't going that direction.

I have not made any personal attackes like I have received.

But the bottom line is No Cameras no Super Bowls
and after last night, not only are the Pats Cheaters they are quitters.
Manning has come back from 21 down that late in a game.

The problem with Florio, other than the fact he's an insufferable douche bag, is that he'll take one premise (which in this case has some legitimacy given the fact the Colts did pull of a miracle so in theory it's possible) and take it to the next level, and then the next, and then the next, and the next until he's at the point where he has Patriots players and coaches sucking on a tailpipe or throwing themselves off bridges because they got their asses kicked in a regular season game against an NFC opponent.

But playing along, what was FAR more likely to happen was Brady gets hit so hard that thing on Drew Brees' face flies off and Brady's night ends in the back of the cart as he waves bye bye to the crowd. Then the mediots would be blaming BB for leaving him in too long in a game that was out of hand. They can have it both ways, which is precisely why these people are cretins.

very well put btw. I admit I was kind of surprised to see BB throw in the towel so early though. Once I got over the initial surprise I thought it was a good idea to take Brady out to avoid injury because that OL was not going to stop my grandmother last night.

after that ass-kicking you've got to wonder what the personnel changes will be for the Miami game. I'm definately hoping Vollmer starts at RT.

And no matter how you spin it, you're just another troll with an agenda trying to stir the pot.

number of attemps don't matter but game time does? WOW!!
even though Manning sat out some at the end of the seaon.
I think it should be the other way around, took Brady more throws than Manning.
You guys were the ones throwing in the Manning vs. Brady thing.
I wasn't going that direction.

I have not made any personal attackes like I have received.

But the bottom line is No Cameras no Super Bowls
and after last night, not only are the Pats Cheaters they are quitters.
Manning has come back from 21 down that late in a game.

You called Brady classless for throwing when up by 21.

That means that Manning and Brees are classless too.

Much to your surprise Brees was throwing with 4 minutes left last night for the end zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes