Peter King WTF?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From his power rankings on his MMQB:

7. New England (5-2). You may ask why I have the Saints No. 4 and the Pats No. 6, even though the Patriots beat the Saints last week. Judgment call. The Pats don’t have two cornerstone players they had last weekend anymore—Jerod Mayo and Aqib Talib.

Andrew Luck outduels Peyton Manning in memorable Broncos-Colts contest | The MMQB with Peter King

I have no problem where he ranks the Pats, but when did Talib go to IR?!? Does King have a scoop that he is holding onto? So Talib is lost for the season and King is the only one who knows it?

And that doesn't even address that he ranks the Pats' 7th and then says he ranked them sixth in his reasoning. And he also ranks the Saints fifth, but say they are fourth. I think King should drink more coffee and write less about coffee.

With all the injuries the Pats have had on defense he probably got confused about who's who.

Ugh. I expected a few weeks, it didn't look that bad. Let's hope it's a typo.

He probably meant Wilfork and Mayo.

I want my 10 seconds back please! :rolleyes:

I know I get Wilfork and Talib mixed up all the time! Practically TWINS!

wikfork.jpg

7711744.jpg

From his power rankings on his MMQB:

Andrew Luck outduels Peyton Manning in memorable Broncos-Colts contest | The MMQB with Peter King

I have no problem where he ranks the Pats, but when did Talib go to IR?!? Does King have a scoop that he is holding onto? So Talib is lost for the season and King is the only one who knows it?

And that doesn't even address that he ranks the Pats' 7th and then says he ranked them sixth in his reasoning. And he also ranks the Saints fifth, but say they are fourth. I think King should drink more coffee and write less about coffee.

King rushes to get his column out Monday morning and as a result the fact checking is frequently not up to par. Almost positive it's just an oversight, not some inside info

Even if he did, he wouldn't be anymore wrong. He said "two cornerstone players they had last weekend". Wilfork has been on IR for weeks.

King rushes to get his column out Monday morning and as a result the fact checking is frequently not up to par. Almost positive it's just an oversight, not some inside info

I was joking about that he had inside info. Obviously, it is a mistake. Talib wouldn't be on IR or seriously hurt and gone for a long time if he was at Friday's practice.

It was clear it is a mistake in his column. He got almost everything wrong other than the name of the Patriots.

Peter King is a professional Pats hater. :bricks:

Dont care about the rankings but I have lost respect for king in terms of his football opinions. Nothing specific to the pats actually but he has no conviction or insight. Just some good contacts with people around the league. Today on the Dan patrick show he called the colts a legit SB contender and broncos leaky oline a problem. Of course he didnt harp on this all week. 2 weeks ago, he said pats will be in trouble making the playoffs. Last week he said he believes in the pats now. This week, i didnt read the mmqb but probably something else. He is as wishy washy and "say everything and say nothing" type of guy. I no longer look forward to his opinions week to week.

Those entries are, what, 1,000 words tops? This person with a BA in English says kiss it.

News flash: sportswriters are human. Having said that, I do not see an error in what the OP quoted. I did not read the article but in the excerpt the OP quoted it does not say Talib went to IR, just that they don't have him. And they don't right now.

King is not alone in regards to not letting facts get in the way of a good story.

This morning I heard on CBS Sports Radio (national, not just local) somebody named Brandon somebody give a minute-or so piece in which he talked about the penalty on the FG and went on to editorialize about how he doesn't feel sorry for the Patriots because they taped a walk-through.

I understand fans getting facts wrong, but it never ceases to amaze me (a) that so many in the national media, who are paid to do what they do for a living, can be so factually incorrect to the point of being slanderous; and (b) the fact that no other members of the media notice that and call the person out on the lie. Maybe there is an unwritten rule within the media that you don't do that to a colleague, who knows.

News flash: sportswriters are human. Having said that, I do not see an error in what the OP quoted. I did not read the article but in the excerpt the OP quoted it does not say Talib went to IR, just that they don't have him. And they don't right now.

From the article:

The Pats don’t have two cornerstone players they had last weekend anymore—Jerod Mayo and Aqib Talib.

To me the use of the word "anymore" is indicative that he is gone for the rest of the season.

That would be Brandon Tierney...he's a sub-moronic "tortured" Jets fan, by his own description. Ignorant stupidity is a REQUIREMENT of his existence....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3