PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Even hard line Patriots haters in NFL not convinced Brady cheated anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Berman's Decision is really just 40, double-spaced pages, with a lot of space taken up by footnotes you really don't have to read. I think a surprising number of people have probably actually read it. Berman and/or his clerk writes clearly and concisely with few wasted words.

He uses the phrase "allegedly deflated footballs" on page 1 and starts referring to the Wells Report as the "Pash/Wells Investigation" on page 2.

On page 3, he puts independent in quotation marks ("independent") when referring to the Report.

On pages 6 and 7, he demolishes the science using the report's own words.

On Page 12 he points out that Brady asked to interview Pash.

By Page 19, he's talking about arbiters' not being able to use their own version of "industrial justice" and on Page 25, he says that Goodell did just that.

So, you really don't even have to read much beyond 25, double spaced pages to see that this was a crock of crap from the beginning.

If you get as far as page 28, he gets into the "notice" issue and you find a reference to the standard $5,512 fine for a first equipment-related offense, if such an offense had even occurred.

I think a lot of people have started to do that.

As much as this makes sense, there will many who just believe the hype and avoid the truth.. and despite the admonition of King, this will linger for years to come.

Unfortunately, "Brady's actions"(really inactions) will be repeated often enough for it to become truth.

Never understood why the media or NFL never interviewed Cassel, Mallett or any of the other back up quarterbacks that have been on this roster or even Bill O'Brien.. if anyone knows the real story, it would be them. Peter King could take the lead here.. but that might be too "hard"....

Excellent point. It's even more curious why Ted Wells did not interview them. $5 million and four months were not enough to do a thorough investigation? I've said it before, what's not in the report is as telling as what is in the report. And why the NFL refused to hand his notes over.

I think he thinks Pash is a goner, for reasons much like mine.

Leiweke is a grown-up. Unlike the rest of the 345 Park Ave hacks, he is a senior, seasoned professional sports executive. He knows what good and bad look like. Seems to me he gets **** done.

He has been Paul Allen's go-to guy in the past. Not sure how tight their relationship is but I gotta think that if hes getting a lot of push-back on common-sense reforms he is trying to implement from the establishment, owners are going to hear about it.

How can .2 psi (or 1.7%) be significant of anything? Cn somebody please ask one of these owners/public haters "You really think that TB conspired, at took all the risks, to remove 1.7% of the air from 12 footballs to gain an advantage?"

What risks? Brady had no notice that there were any material ones.

I think he thinks Pash is a goner, for reasons much like mine.

Rumor is that Leiweke was hired in part to be a buffer between Kraft and Pash because Kraft won't even speak to Pash. This loss in court may be enough to get Kraft and Leiweke enough juice to get rid of Pash.

I still think Kraft publicly attacks Pash and the other lawyers instead of Goodell because he knows he can get rid of them, but not Goodell. Although King does say there is a small group of owners who have had enough of Goodell.

Yes. Berman's Decision is really just 40, double-spaced pages, with a lot of space taken up by footnotes you really don't have to read. I think a surprising number of people have probably actually read it. Berman and/or his clerk writes clearly and concisely with few wasted words.

He uses the phrase "allegedly deflated footballs" on page 1 and starts referring to the Wells Report as the "Pash/Wells Investigation" on page 2.

On page 3, he puts independent in quotation marks ("independent") when referring to the Report.

On pages 6 and 7, he demolishes the science using the report's own words.

On Page 12 he points out that Brady asked to interview Pash.

By Page 19, he's talking about arbiters' not being able to use their own version of "industrial justice" and on Page 25, he says that Goodell did just that.

So, you really don't even have to read much beyond 25, double spaced pages to see that this was a crock of crap from the beginning.

If you get as far as page 28, he gets into the "notice" issue and you find a reference to the standard $5,512 fine for a first equipment-related offense, if such an offense had even occurred.

I think a lot of people have started to do that.
I agree. It really is a well written narrative. Even the footnotes are illustrative and to the point. It's a good read with evil exposed and the good guys coming out on top.

I don't know if they have the right people giving legal advice, but I know they have the wrong person receiving the legal advice.
Totally agree. It's Goodell who mischaracterized (lied) Brady's testimony in his appeals decision. It's Goodell who ultimately failed to correct Mort's maliciously erroneous leak. It's Goodell who lied to the Rice arbitrator.

Rumor is that Leiweke was hired in part to be a buffer between Kraft and Pash because Kraft won't even speak to Pash. This loss in court may be enough to get Kraft and Leiweke enough juice to get rid of Pash.

I still think Kraft publicly attacks Pash and the other lawyers instead of Goodell because he knows he can get rid of them, but not Goodell. Although King does say there is a small group of owners who have had enough of Goodell.

I wouldn't use the word "knows", as there's no certainty here. But basically I agree.

People do not understand the science and when you try to explain it to them they'd rather remain willfully ignorant than try to understand a concept that exonerates the patriots. It would be a fascinating social experiment if it weren't affecting my enjoyment of football.

The league to their credit was smart enough to leak fake numbers when they were told of the ideal gas law so people that do know the science would say that it was probably out of the range of the IGL, at least that's my working theory.

I wouldn't use the word "knows", as there's no certainty here. But basically I agree.

I guess I meant he knows he has a far better chance of getting rid of them over Goodell who still seems very safe for now.

In other words, "I believe Tom Brady is whatever you want me to say he is as long as you keep on clicking on my articles so I can buy another Bentley to cruise around my beach house with".

There's no proof ANYONE took air out of the football on ANYONE's behest.

As I said in another post, this mindset is still too weak for us Pats fans. Here's the reality:

For no legitimate reason, a lot of evidence was gathered in an attempt to prove that the Patriots broke NFL rules about football air pressure. The evidence shows that no rules were broken.

No other team has been investigated in this manner. There is no evidence that other teams don't cheat in this manner.

Therefore, the Patriots are THE ONLY NFL TEAM TO HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO NOT BE ALTERING FOOTBALLS TO THEIR BENEFIT. (At least for one game.)

This is like when my mother went in for an MRI because of ongoing headaches, and they wanted to rule out a brain tumor. It was negative. At dinner that night, she looked at us all and said, "Well, I'm the only one here who knows she doesn't have a brain tumor."

Because the NFL started this game with spurious motivations and deliberate misdirection, we have every right to say in response, "Well, I know that the science has proven that my team doesn't do what they were accused of. We don't know about your team, however. Can you prove that your team doesn't alter footballs?"

It really does suck eggs that the league will not do the right thing and give the Pats their picks and cash back.

Anyone know the status of Jaz and McNally's reinstatement?

Totally agree. It's Goodell who mischaracterized (lied) Brady's testimony in his appeals decision. It's Goodell who ultimately failed to correct Mort's maliciously erroneous leak. It's Goodell who lied to the Rice arbitrator.
Goodell tells Pash et. al. what he wants to do and they try to make it happen. No one in the NFL office has the balls to tell Goodell no so they are making it up as they go. IMO they are all to blame but making Pash the scapegoat doesn't solve the problem.

Goodell tells Pash et. al. what he wants to do and they try to make it happen. No one in the NFL office has the balls to tell Goodell no so they are making it up as they go. IMO they are all to blame but making Pash the scapegoat doesn't solve the problem.

Not according to Chris "Great Hands but Couldn't Catch the Truth" Carter.

Not according to Chris "Great Hands but Couldn't Catch the Truth" Carter.
All you need to say is Cris Carter to know whether you should give any credence to that statement. Truthfully, I don't know what's worse. To have a commissioner who has run amok and has minions who unquestioningly do his bidding, or to have a puppet commissioner led around by those beneath him.

People like kraft who beleive kensil and pash and co are the problems are blind . They can still do what their boss asks them to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back