PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Even hard line Patriots haters in NFL not convinced Brady cheated anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think that I've underestimated Kraft. The picks aren't gone until the first round of the 2016 draft is complete.

Kraft may be playing the long game & may have a strategy to remove the Framegate perpetrators from the front office (Pash, Levy, Kensil & co), knowing he can't touch Goodell. Assuming the PSI data from cold weather games exonerates the Pats and Pash, in particular, is no longer in power, it might be easier to get these picks back than we think.

After all, the architects of Framegate had three objectives:
1) Do harm to the 2014/15 Pats - by causing a distraction from preparing for the Superbowl, much like Tomase did in 2007, & cause them to lose.
2) Do harm to the 2015/16 Pats - by getting Brady, or even better, Belichick, suspended
3) Do harm to the post 2015/16 Pats - damage the long term competitiveness of the Pats by causing them to lose draft picks

I remind you that the charlatans that caused Framegate are a group of ex-Jet flunkies. They have failed at their first two objectives. Nothing would be sweater than to see the Pats pull the trifecta.

I'm beginning to think that I've underestimated Kraft. The picks aren't gone until the first round of the 2016 draft is complete.

Kraft may be playing the long game & may have a strategy to remove the Framegate perpetrators from the front office (Pash, Levy, Kensil & co), knowing he can't touch Goodell. Assuming the PSI data from cold weather games exonerates the Pats and Pash, in particular, is no longer in power, it might be easier to get these picks back than we think.

After all, the architects of Framegate had three objectives:
1) Do harm to the 2015 Pats - by causing a distraction from preparing for the Superbowl, much like Tomase did in 2007, & cause them to lose.
2) Do harm to the 2016 Pats - by getting Brady, or even better, Belichick, suspended
3) Do harm to the Pats of 2017 and onward - damage the long term competitiveness of the Pats by causing them to lose draft picks

I remind you that the charlatans that caused Framegate are a group of ex-Jet flunkies. They have failed at their first two objectives. Nothing would be sweater than to see the Pats pull the trifecta.

There is no chance you'll see those draft picks. They're gone. Kraft gave them away without a fight.

Let Roger go on radio stations calling Tom guilty, and let the haters start quoting ROGER GOODELL.

That's a victory for the Patriots-- that we could dominate so decisively it reduces our enemies to being Roger Goodell boot lickers.

It's so easy to make the haters look stupid now, and if you can't do that, you need to just stop trying to argue on the Patriots behalf. For Christ's sake, these freaking losers say we win Superbowls by jamming radio frequencies and using fumble proof footballs. If you can't handedly destroy that **** then you need to leave defending the Patriots to other members of our awesome fandom community.

Because you fail at 2015 internet-troll debating terribly.

There is no chance you'll see those draft picks. They're gone. Kraft gave them away without a fight.

The only way it's going to happen is if Roger loses his job to someone with integrity prior to next year's draft, primarily because of Deflatehate.

In other words, like you said, there is no chance.

Pats so good the league needs to dock us picks to compensate for Belichick and Brady being so ****ing awesome.

Peter King intimated he has heard from people in the league are saying this was a set up by the NFL. he wouldn't give details because he said he needs a second source before he will report it. He claimed there are some "very disturbing" things he is hearing. It was clear the information was damning for the NFL.

Peter King intimated he has heard from people in the league are saying this was a set up by the NFL. he wouldn't give details because he said he needs a second source before he will report it. He claimed there are some "very disturbing" things he is hearing. It was clear the information was damning for the NFL.

By "this" I'm assuming you're referring to Deflategate altogether? Or just some subset of it?

Last edited:
Roger can't be well liked in that office. Only the yes men he has surrounded himself with should protect him. Someone has to know something and should be willing to bring the house down. Maybe Kraft should focus his attention on these people and allow them to come forth without being persecuted by the NFL*.

Just get enough owners together that want to know the truth and know how to apply the pressure. Goodell and his people are disposable and they'll all look the hero for it (though in truth it'd probably be more damaging, but they could spin it as rogue employees with a vendetta).

ok probably too much fantasy in all of that. :(

" look at we all know something happened "..the classic media line.

" look at we all know something happened "..the classic media line.

Peter King has gone on record saying he doesn't know if the Pats did anything and he tends to doubt it.

Would't surprise me if someone at the NFL offices went rouge. This was all obviously a setup from the beginning. And they almost got away with it too. They did in the court of public opinion but the real truth needs to be out and hopefully king will have the stones to get the story.

Kevin Winter ‏@KevinPWinter 7m7 minutes ago
So, Rog won't go to Foxborough but he will join @MikeAndMike tomorrow morning at 9:30am ET on @espnradio. This will be interesting. #nfl

Expect goodell to come on and spew nonsense about how brady was not exonerated by the court blah blah..
Yep. It's a friendly venue. No Rachel Nichols. No Kessler. Just Greenie and the safe harbor provided by ESPN.

Goody is horrible on his feet. I bet Greenie and Golic already have a list of questions and topics that are not to be covered.

Joke.

Interesting...Let's hope other people feel more open to speak up.

This was a major system failure. I'm not one who normally believes if a mistake is made a scapegoat must be found and fired. However, in this case, a false narrative was allowed to play out because the NFL was able to control the entire process even when found to be not true. When that happens, someone has to be excised, or it will happen again.

Here is the audio:

http://media.weei.com/a/108959605/kirk-takes-down-peter-king-9-7-15.htm

It starts at the 7:30 mark and goes to about 11:00.

Thanks, although that should have come with a Tanguay warning! That said, he was fine in that segment.....

I'm not 100 percent interpreting it the way you are. He referred to his column in general, about how he only reported 10 percent of it because he wants second sources now. He then used the Kam Chancellor negotiations as a specific example. Interesting nonetheless though, thanks!

Kevin Winter ‏@KevinPWinter 7m7 minutes ago
So, Rog won't go to Foxborough but he will join @MikeAndMike tomorrow morning at 9:30am ET on @espnradio. This will be interesting. #nfl

Expect goodell to come on and spew nonsense about how brady was not exonerated by the court blah blah..

Over/Under on the # of times the word "Integrity" is used during that interview: 80

Number of tough questions (like the difference between his account of Brady's testimony and the actual transcript) Greenberg and Golic will ask: 0

Number of obvious follow-up questions to Goodell's evasive answers that they will ask: 0

Over/Under on the number of lies Goodell will tell in the interview: 3
(Going low because it's a short, "safe" interview)

Point A, correct. IMHO the picks were gone when that punishment spewed from Goodell's dishonest yap. A fight by Kraft would have been affirming and the type of fight sometimes you have to pursue even if it is likely to lose.

Point B, incorrect. Brutus smiled with and shook hands with Caesar until he abruptly didn't.
Anyone who thinks Bob, or Jonathon, think Goodell is "fine" has decided to let anger cloud their judgment. The two could embrace in a bear hug for 10 straight minutes and Kraft will submarine him when the first opportunity arises. No matter how many times they may smile together in public or sign onto the same deal, an F'd over billionaire never forgets. It's one of the many benefits of having a billion.
Schefter is the one who said Kraft was fine with Goodell not me. Besides that there is nothing in the last 8 years that conflicts with that judgement. Believe whatever fantasy about Kraft you wish but his actions speak louder than any PR statement he put out to appease the fans.

Over/Under on the # of times the word "Integrity" is used during that interview: 80

Number of tough questions (like the difference between his account of Brady's testimony and the actual transcript) Greenberg and Golic will ask: 0

Number of obvious follow-up questions to Goodell's evasive answers that they will ask: 0

the ultimate soft landing spot is mike and mike.
they'll probably ask roger what his favorite color is.

" roger, why did the nfl leak false info " would be cool if greeny asked that but he won't. brady's also going on the radio tomorrow with dennis/callahan. doubt he says anything either ( hope im wrong and he ****s on roger )

Really hope it's the "Over". I'm very concerned about the integrity of the game, and it would be very reassuring to know that it is important to Goodell too. 9:30 am is a little too early in the day for me, though, so I am hoping that he doesn't hurt my brain with any specifics. Am really just looking for some reassurance that, as a general matter, the commissioner cares as much about the integrity of the game as I do.

So when my kids ask me about Brady -- as they often do -- "what's up with our hero" and "why has he tainted the NFL shield", I will be able to tell them that he may have made a mistake, but they can rest assured that the commissioner of the league is working tirelessly to ensure that the integrity of the game will remain very integral under his watch.

Im working from home tomorrow and I am seriously going to count the number of times he says. "integrity", "protect", "respect".

BTW...Great to watch this now thats its all over...

What a douche.

Man.. I can't go back there. I just can't get my hopes up again.

I once thought there was a chance Ted Wells was actually investigating this very thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST