PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: Even hard line Patriots haters in NFL not convinced Brady cheated anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Peter King's MMQB:

The league got what it deserved, and I sense even some hard-liners in the league now are not convinced Tom Brady cheated.
I’ve had a couple of club people who for months believed Brady must be guilty of something significant and now are questioning whether he directed any Patriots employees to do anything illegal. Clearly, some around the league don’t think Ted Wells, Jeff Pash and Goodell have the goods on Brady. They are right: The league doesn’t have the goods. There’s no proof that Brady told anyone to take air out of the footballs.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/06/super-bowl-50-prediction-ravens-packers-nfl

BTW, he also give a good preview of "Do Your Job" Belichick documentary in the article.

As much as this makes sense, there will many who just believe the hype and avoid the truth.. and despite the admonition of King, this will linger for years to come.

Unfortunately, "Brady's actions"(really inactions) will be repeated often enough for it to become truth.

Never understood why the media or NFL never interviewed Cassel, Mallett or any of the other back up quarterbacks that have been on this roster or even Bill O'Brien.. if anyone knows the real story, it would be them. Peter King could take the lead here.. but that might be too "hard"....

I had to stop reading about "Do Your Job". He offered many insights into the show, but I'd rather wait and see it for myself. Should be awesome.

Last edited:
How can .2 psi (or 1.7%) be significant of anything? Cn somebody please ask one of these owners/public haters "You really think that TB conspired, at took all the risks, to remove 1.7% of the air from 12 footballs to gain an advantage?"
and mention that that's a maximum worst case scenario. If one is to invoke a reasonable stance on the facts, the balls fall within the IGL range and no unnatural deflation occurred.

Predicts 10 to possibly 14 wins for the Pats...really going out on a limb there.

I think he thinks Pash is a goner, for reasons much like mine.

Tod Leiweke should be on your radar these days. You may have read the other day that a key Goodell adviser, Paul Hicks, was resigning as the league’s executive vice president of communications and public affairs to take a job with a Washington consulting firm. True. But the timing of his departure was odd—at the height of the biggest headache of Goodell’s tenure—at the same time the league's new chief operating officer, Leiweke, was conducting a thorough review of who should stay in the league office and who should go. As one top team executive said last week, “We need to find out if we have the right people giving us our legal advice.” Well, of course. When you’ve had setbacks in your last five major discipline cases, you’d be foolish not to question why.

How can .2 psi (or 1.7%) be significant of anything? Cn somebody please ask one of these owners/public haters "You really think that TB conspired, at took all the risks, to remove 1.7% of the air from 12 footballs to gain an advantage?"

Logic & intelligent thought will never overcome bigotry, superstition, hatred, and jealousy. The media (especially the Boston media) and NFL-ESPN jihadists will continue their unholy war. To hear the most imbecilic media triumvirate (Felger, Mazz, Tanguay) of all time say "I know he did it" with so much irrefutable fact staring them in the face says it all.

I had to stop reading about "Do Your Job". He offered many insights into the show, but I'd rather wait and see it for myself. Should be awesome.
Yeah, he really didn't leave much to the imagination, did he?

Yes. That really shows how much this was all slanted from the beginning by the lie/leak to Mort. People read that often enough that they believed it. Mort and the League knew it was false and yet never retracted it for six months

I don't believe anything anyone says anymore.

I believe it was President Truman who once said in response to a comment about an incident (don't remember what) that "nothing ever JUST HAPPENS in Washington." I have used this to guide my Diogenistic skepticism for a long time. For me, it has stood the test of time.

I believe it was President Truman who once said in response to a comment about an incident (don't remember what) that "nothing ever JUST HAPPENS in Washington." I have used this to guide my Diogenistic skepticism for a long time. For me, it has stood the test of time.
That and another bit of Washington wisdom, courtesy of James Baker, "20 million people hear the lie, 20,000 read the retraction."

I don't know if they have the right people giving legal advice, but I know they have the wrong person receiving the legal advice.

It's both. But to your point, Pash is a convenient fall guy for Goodell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3