PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pete Carroll is the new villain on Batman: The Babbler

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Pete Carroll's public therapy session on the Today show is taking the concept of verbal diarrhea to a whole new level:

"Immediately, within the instant of the turnover, the gravity of what just happened, I understood," Carroll said. "I haven't seen that replay yet, so I don't know that, but there's only a second or two before you stand up and start looking ahead and getting ready for what's coming. I've been around the game so long that I know what's about to happen here and I had to get myself in the right place so that I could do a really good job for everybody I represent."

or

"I made the call that comes out of the process, the preparation, and the practice, along with the mentality that I've been coaching with for as long as I could remember about preparing us to do right in situations," said Carroll. "I think that we're going to do exactly the right thing, or we won't call the play."

or

"These occurrences, they don't leave," he said. "These occurrences have stayed with me over the years in a manner that they fuel me. The one at 'SC, third national championship opportunity, 19 seconds left, 4th & 7 - those don't go away. I don't really ever want to lose those. I don't want to wash them out and ignore them. I just want them to be in a place that they're going to help me be right."

Yeesh!

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...DAY-show/b335d52c-0ee3-4ba4-9a35-6cd0619675f8

I like Pete, even though he lacks the firmest of grips.

That doesn't seem like babbling to me. I think it's a pretty good insight into how someone deals with that sort of heartbreaking loss. Looking at his reaction in game, I think he's being genuine.

I prefer Belichick's style ........

I prefer Belichick's style ........

Bill gets right to the point...or no point if that is what he prefers. At least you know why. Everything is calculated and everything has a reason.

I'm sure Carroll is a nice guy but he annoys the hell out of me with his jibber-jabber. Just this stream of consciousness drives me nuts. It annoyed me 17 years ago and annoys me now. I swear he has ADD.

Last edited:
That doesn't seem like babbling to me. I think it's a pretty good insight into how someone deals with that sort of heartbreaking loss. Looking at his reaction in game, I think he's being genuine.
I agree with this. He just tends to over-explain. I think Matt Lauer was trying to get unnecessarily personal with him in that interview.

I like Pete, he's a lot of fun to watch on the sideline. I feel bad for him, we all know how these heartbreaking losses feel like. Media outta lay off him.

I am stunned just watching Pete Carroll ever since the game ended. Oh, actually not - - anyone could see this coming from a mile away. Soon he'll be going door to door asking regular Americans what they think of his decision. I plan on calling the police if he gets within 1 mile of my house. I'd prefer some nice Hare Krishnas.

I'm half expecting him to go on The Doctor Phil Show next.

Seriously, can't he do his therapy in private?

Here's what I DO seriously predict.

Within months, Pete Carroll will publish a self-help book around this and he will market it during the upcoming season.

He's a nice guy and was probably maltreated during his time in Foxboro, but Kraft dodged a real bullet the day he let him go.

I am stunned just watching Pete Carroll ever since the game ended. Oh, actually not - - anyone could see this coming from a mile away. Soon he'll be going door to door asking regular Americans what they think of his decision. I plan on calling the police if he gets within 1 mile of my house. I'd prefer some nice Hare Krishnas.

I'm half expecting him to go on The Doctor Phil Show next.

Seriously, can't he do his therapy in private?
Because he's being publicly vilified and is sensitive to it, and feels he owes fans an explanation (which they will not accept). One problem (as usual) is media stoking the fire.

If you actually listen to what he says, it makes sense, he just over-explains. He's done it enough times now, though, that he should tell everyone that he's done with the subject and is moving on. The Matt Lauer interview was unnecessary and a bit cruel.

I suggest holding a puppy for a while. It never hurts, though you may have to change your clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST