PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per ESPN: T.J. Houshmandzadeh to the Seahwaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want Branch back at any price. His contract is much bigger than his value. He held out while he was under contract in an acrimonious situation, and left us high and dry in the 2006 season without any WRs. I don't see him having a place on this team.

Deion Branch does carry sentimental value in this area, but his reputation as a player far exceeds his actual value as a player.

He is a small, injury-prone receiver who has NEVER topped 1,000 yards or 10 TDs in his career.

Branch is not worth a 2nd round pick anymore. I'd be hesitant to offer more than a 4th or 5th. What has he done in Seattle to make anyone think that he is even worth a 2nd?

Deion Branch: Career Stats

PS Told you guys Housh would get Randy Moss type money.

I don't think Branch is worth a 2 or a big contract. But I still like him alot and I love how he played with Brady.

I don't think Branch is worth a 2 or a big contract. But I still like him alot and I love how he played with Brady.

I would wait to see if Seattle cuts Branch. I guess they could still draft Crabtree and then cut Branch. Here's an interesting article about Branch's cap status fro a fe months ago...

Scout.com: Cut Matt Hasselbeck?

Wide receiver Deion Branch has a 2009 cap number of approximately $7.3 million dollars. Based on my amateur calculations, if Seattle released Branch after this season, and designated the transaction as a “post-June 1st” move, his 2009 cap number would drop to $2.37M, freeing up $4.94M in cap space in 2009, but also creating nearly $4.8M of dreaded “dead money” on Seattle’s cap in 2010.

Releasing Branch and taking the full brunt of the cap hit in 2009, as Ruskell chose to do with Shaun Alexander last off-season, would sweep the deck of the $101M worth of contracts the Seahawks front office paid for the two offensive playmakers in 2006. The cap savings of such a move would be just over $200K.

if Seattle released Branch after this season, and designated the transaction as a “post-June 1st” move, his 2009 cap number would drop to $2.37M,

There is no "June 1st" this year--since 2010 is currently scheduled to be uncapped all cuts count fully against the 2009 cap.

Oh well on to Peppers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents