PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per ESPN: Redskins release DE Jason Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed... which contains the word "greed" and I bet he goes for the money :)

Maybe. Taylor is a pretty flashly dude right now. What's more important to a flashy dude with a lot of money, a little more money or a big sparkling hunk of finger bling?

Maybe. Taylor is a pretty flashly dude right now. What's more important to a flashy dude with a lot of money, a little more money or a big sparkling hunk of finger bling?

A lot of teams have the potential to win it all next year. And there are suprise teams every year too.

Last edited:
A lot of teams have the potential to win it all next year.

Of course, but they'd have to have interest and he could go to them cheap too. I'm not even sure if he's right for the Pats. He'd be learning a complicated defense. I wouldn't be comfortable with him taking time off from off season workouts and TC.

Of course, but they'd have to have interest and he could go to them cheap too. I'm not even sure if he's right for the Pats. He'd be learning a complicated defense. I wouldn't be comfortable with him taking time off from off season workouts and TC.

I always liked Taylor. But, it kind of died off the last few years. I also do not understand taking him if you could have just kept Vrabel. But, thats just me. I got the impression the Patriots were going to get more youth on defense with the Vrabel release, but what do I know. :D

Last edited:
I always liked Taylor. But, it kind of died off the last few years. I also do not understand taking him if you could have just kept Vrabel. But, thats just me. I got the impression the Patriots were going to get more youth on defense with the Vrabel release, but what do I know. :D

Yeah, I liked him too. I question if he's willing to commit the time and effort to football to get back to his old self.

More youth, or more speed. Either one is good.

Yeah, I liked him too. I question if he's willing to commit the time and effort to football to get back to his old self.

Not sure what he wants. Ask Parcells.:p

But how dumb the Skins are to give up a second rounder and get nothing. I remember the Jags wanted him but now they are on a youth movement.

Three quarters of posters have been preaching the get younger on defense mantra. What would acquiring Jason Taylor at this point in his career achieve?

Let's nail the draft and look at some younger to mid age players on the D-side moving forwards.

I agree, if age isn't an issue then we might as well have kept Vrabel.

I'd pass and go for Peppers or the draft. There's really no one else available in FA, is there?

I agree, if age isn't an issue then we might as well have kept Vrabel.

I'd pass and go for Peppers or the draft. There's really no one else available in FA, is there?

Well, the Colts are letting DE Josh Thomas walk. He can't rush the passer or stop the run well. He is the guy who took over for Freeney in 2007 when he got hurt and our pass rush declined considerably.

He could play OLB. ;) :D

Last edited:
Three quarters of posters have been preaching the get younger on defense mantra. What would acquiring Jason Taylor at this point in his career achieve?

Let's nail the draft and look at some younger to mid age players on the D-side moving forwards.

Why do so many of you consider "sign Jason Taylor" and "get younger on D" as somehow mutually exclusive ideas? I think we should ABSOLUTELY go after Taylor, full-bore, AND draft one or two OLB/DE with the picks we KEEP since we then wouldn't deal for Peppers.

It is an absolute NO-BRAINER to bring Jason Taylor to N.E., he costs nothing but money, he's dying for a ring, Belichick worships him, he loves Belichick, Taylor and Brady are friends, and JT CERTAINLY could have a role here.

Anyone here who's been whining about Vrabel going to KC, who are now saying we shouldn't sign Jason Taylor - who would be a significant upgrade to Vrabel - I mean...words just don't suffice. Except maybe these...

GET

HIM

NOW.

Last edited:
Some folks say "get younger" just because they have for so long. We just added Mayo and Guyton and Crable and Redd. Bruschi is in his last year. Woods and TBC are not exactly ready for the old folks home. We have exactly one seasoned veteran on the team who is in the team's plans for 2010, ONE.

Obviously a lot depends on what the team thinks of Crable and their plans for Woods. But for me, with the little I know, GET BILL ON THE JET, and sign him. He is a huge talent that would cost zero draft choices.

I'm a Jason Taylor fan, as he has given wonderful service to the game, but given the choice, I'd rather take a gamble on Peppers than Taylor on the "perceived" upside.

GET

HIM

NOW.

I agree, we should be wining and dining him IMMEDIATELY! Taylor could provide what we think Peppers could provide, and not have to give up any draft picks

I'm a Jason Taylor fan, as he has given wonderful service to the game, but given the choice, I'd rather take a gamble on Peppers than Taylor on the "perceived" upside.

Taylor is older, has 2 years left probably, but you would be willing to part with two 1st rounders to get Peppers for essentially the same production in the next year?

No one is parting with 2 draft choices. The question is whether Peppers is so much better that he justifies the draft choice(s) required to get him. I think that the answer is clearly "no".

Taylor is older, has 2 years left probably, but you would be willing to part with two 1st rounders to get Peppers for essentially the same production in the next year?

I don't understand why everyone has to want to sign everyone who is available in free agency. And yes this happens with fans of every team.

No one is parting with 2 draft choices. The question is whether Peppers is so much better that he justifies the draft choice(s) required to get him. I think that the answer is clearly "no".

I hope we're all intelligent enough to see that it's way better to sign a free agent in Taylor than get Peppers and have to give up picks.

It doesn't appear that way though on this board

I don't understand why everyone has to want to sign everyone who is available in free agency. And yes this happens with fans of every team.

I don't jump often whenever someone is released, but... this is an exception.
Jason Taylor is at the right time in his career and a strong fit for the Patriots right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back