PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

People are more down on our offense than they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are justified in their criticism of the offense because it has routinely underperformed in the playoffs for the past several years.....even pre-Gronk.
The play of the QB is the major reason for the decline.

People are justified in their criticism but I'd say it was poor game plans, poor play calling, poor Oline play, the inability of the receivers to make a catch with the game on the line, the inability of the OC to stick with the run game and the inability of the defense to stop anyone or hold a lead before placing the blame on Brady. Brady is often the only reason they are contending to begin with and almost always keeps them in the game. When's the last time another part of the team bailed out Brady or the game wasn't entirely put on Brady's shoulders?

I don't understand how a Patriot fan can have as much hatred for Brady as you do.

I don't really think it's that much different than if in 2007 Randy Moss was injured and everyone started complaining that Belichick isn't making moves to help our offense.

If we signed Calvin Johnson to the 2014 roster and he got hurt in week #1, there's not a lot that can be done about that, just like there wasn't a lot that could be done about Brady going down in 2008.

Gronk is a top 5 player in the entire league.

If he goes down, it's going to be noticeable.

If he never went down, and never got injured, we would have at least beaten the Giants in 2011 and I don't think all these people would be complaining.
What?

I would put at least 15 players ahead of Gronk at minimum(in no particular order: )
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Calvin Johnson
5. JJ Watt
6. AJ Green
7. Patrick Willis
8. Navorro Bowman
9. Luke Keuchly
10. Drew Bress
11. Jamaal Charles
12. Richard Sherman
13. Earl Thomas
14. Joe Thomas
15. Adrian Peterson

Gronk is a hell of a tight end, but there isn't a chance that he is one of the five best players in the NFL. Offensive or defense if you want to break it down further. Is he one of the top five best pass catchers? Yes, absolutely! Top five players overall? No.

What?

I would put at least 15 players ahead of Gronk at minimum(in no particular order: )
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Calvin Johnson
5. JJ Watt
6. AJ Green
7. Patrick Willis
8. Navorro Bowman
9. Luke Keuchly
10. Drew Bress
11. Jamaal Charles
12. Richard Sherman
13. Earl Thomas
14. Joe Thomas
15. Adrian Peterson

Gronk is a hell of a tight end, but there isn't a chance that he is one of the five best players in the NFL. Offensive or defense if you want to break it down further. Is he one of the top five best pass catchers? Yes, absolutely! Top five players overall? No.
Well, 'top whatever' is very subjective.
It also depends on how you are ranking them. Is it by their position, or do you take into consideration how important their position is. For example the best OC of all time would not be a top 5 player if you are basing it on the comparative impact he has.

That said, you may be selling Gronk short. He had the most receiving yards ever by a TE in 2011, and exceeded that per game average this season. He had the best 3 season TD total in NFL history for a TE in his first 3 years even missing 5 games in 2012. (He may have the best 4 season total too but i'm not sure) and holds the record for the most TDs ever by a TE in a season.
Putting injury aside, I think there is a good argument that in his 4 year sample Gronk is as good a TE as the NFL has seen.
There aren't a lot of guys on your list in that category.

You know what all these players have in common.

• Chad Johnson
• Brandon Lloyd
• Deion Branch
• Anthony Gonzalez
• Michael Jenkins
• Donald Jones
• Daniel Fells
• Jabar Gaffney
• Donte Stallworth
• Lavelle Hawkins

None of them caught a pass in 2013, actually, only Hawkins was active for a game this year. Those are the weapons we have armed our HOF GOAT QB with, after he has taken team friendly deal after team friendly deal to allow us to build a contender. The possibility is out there that for the second season in a row the team will let Brady’s #1 target walk to pinch pennies, despite the fact that we had cap hits totaling $5,641,667 for the players on that list (some of them).

So yes people should be down on this offense, we’ve done a half ass job building the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents