PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pennington to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is so hard about you understading my assessment of some of you???
Some of the posters here are more laughable than pathetic - Stick to your guns if a player becomes available and stop the BS - if a guy has a flaccid arm then how all of a sudden does he makes a wonderful backup??

Why do we stubbornly insist that it's reasonable to scorn a guy as a starter and love him as a backup? It's simple, really.

Let's say a guy is the 32nd best QB in the league. That would make him an uncommonly bad starter, and an uncommonly good backup.

Simple as that. OK?

Here it goes again and hopefuilly you can understand it this time...

Many here taunted Chad for being a noodle arm and a guy that could barely throw for 15 yards downfield AS WAS BLATELY SAID HERE FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS AND NUMEROUS TIMES - If you want me to dig that stuff up for you in the archives I will try to get some famous quotes.

Now before this trade and his release from the Jets,Now some of you all of a sudden said he would make a great backup? -
Excuse me, but if the guy can barely throw for 15 yards how the Fu(k could he make a great backup??

I don't know about you,but if I need a backup in the game I want someone who can throw for more than 15 yards downfield with the likes of Randy Moss as a starting WR, you better have an arm at QB for NE.

Some of the posters here are more laughable than pathetic - Stick to your guns if a player becomes available and stop the BS - if a guy has a flaccid arm then how all of a sudden does he makes a wonderful backup?? - now some of you say he is smart? - Well I may not be the most football professor but I do know you don't win games with just your brain,you use you arm as well - The brain may be willing but the arm must be too

Its obvious here by the flipflop of opinions that some of you are either DESPERATE for a backup QB or just being a hypocrite - its one of the other..PERIOD!!

Remember what you write earlier can bite you in the ass later - just like you did with me and the SF argument last year which I admit I was wrong (but then again Gore and Smith were injured several weeks last year so who knows if it meant another 2-3 games better if they were healthy)

For instance some of the hypocritical statements involved The Randy Moss trade a year ago which turned some of the Moss haters in here into huge fans overnight :rolleyes: - Funny how a player in the uniform of your team flipflops opinions around about a guy you hate with a passion :rolleyes:- sad.

Either you hate a guy or not,The team he is playing on should not change what you think of him,Personally I do not like Marcus Pollard and am hoping he is off the team - and yes,I don't change my mind like some here,even if he is wearing the NE jersey I still can't stand the guy - I hope for the team to win is all that matters and fu(k Pollard,Even if he stays and catches a winning pass,it won't change my opinion of him - Thats what the jerk is getting paid for and what he should do.

100 percent true.....this board is full of posters who jump all over you if you have anything negative to say about the pats. They taunt players, then flip-flop the second the player is available......Not to mention, they whine to the mods, like wimps. I love that pats, but I'm glad I'm not a blind homer, scowering the web for anyone who DARES write bad things about the pats.

What a joke, these are the same "fans" who refuse to believe the pats could ever do anything wrong, or any other players is a goos as a pats star. I'm shocked people are blasting Matt.....Although the Jackson excuse makers are out in full force.

Last edited:
Why do we stubbornly insist that it's reasonable to scorn a guy as a starter and love him as a backup? It's simple, really.

Let's say a guy is the 32nd best QB in the league. That would make him an uncommonly bad starter, and an uncommonly good backup.

Simple as that. OK?

Accurate. The idea that a player isn't a good starter and thus can't be a good backup is idiotic.

I would have liked to have Chad here as a backup, but he got a lot more money obviously than the Pats could have offered to a backup QB. O well. I hope he beats Favre in week 1.

Let's all stop a moment to savor the Dolphins 2007 draft.

They held picks #9 and #40.

#9 they spent on Ted Ginn, a KR/WR widely considered to be a draft reach of historic proportions. In his rookie year, Ginn averaged just 22.7 yards per return.

#40 they spent on John Beck, a quarterback who was believed to have a lower ceiling than some other prospects but be more "ready," in part because he was 25 years old. Heading into Beck's 2nd season, the Dolphins both spent a high draft pick on another QB and signed a so-so veteran to a starter-level contract.

Wow.

Accurate. The idea that a player isn't a good starter and thus can't be a good backup is idiotic.

I would have liked to have Chad here as a backup, but he got a lot more money obviously than the Pats could have offered to a backup QB. O well. I hope he beats Favre in week 1.

Funny, because the people the poster is talking about, are the ones who called Chad Noodle arm, and said that he was a terrible player. Then when he was available.....he was a GREAT option to back this team up :rolleyes:

Chad's better than a back up...He may not throw a good long ball, but I have seen him shred the pats with his game many times.

Last edited:
That would be too funny for words. First, Lord Favre gets his butt handed to him by Pennington, then the Jests lose again to the Pats at home week 2.

Man, it just couldn't get any better than that!

Yes it could, under the following scenarios: Pennington beats the Jets with an 80-yard touchdown bomb in the final seconds. The Patriots and Jets are tied and go into overtime, where a Favre pass is intercepted and run back for the winning score.

Jets fans would commit suicide en masse.

Yes it could, under the following scenarios: Pennington beats the Jets with an 80-yard touchdown bomb in the final seconds. The Patriots and Jets are tied and go into overtime, where a Favre pass is intercepted and run back for the winning score.

Jets fans would commit suicide en masse.

The world would see addition by subtraction.

In actuality, delusional NYers would use the "Lord Favre needs time to learn the playbook" excuse and bloviate on mindlessly untill their 2nd encounters.

Funny, because the people the poster is talking about, are the ones who called Chad Noodle arm, and said that he was a terrible player. Then when he was available.....he was a GREAT option to back this team up :rolleyes:

Chad's better than a back up...He may not throw a good long ball, but I have seen him shred the pats with his game many times.

Didn't read the thread...I was just responding to patchick (agreeing with) who was responding to patriot64.

Chad killed us in 2002, that was one of the best games he ever played.

ALmost all the threads you've started over the years have been so devoid of football knowledge it's an embarrassment.

This one is no different. Clearly you do not understand football or being a fan.

Everyone has an opinion, but usually these opinions are based on some sort of reality. Go back at look that some of the threads you started.

It's thing to be dumb as a brick. It's something else when a brick thinks he's a brilliant point of light. You've got to expect people to chuckle at you once in a while.

Write this on your bathroom mirror and say it out loud one hundred times every time you go into the bathroom:

What you look for (and can get) in a $10 mil a year starter is not the same as what you can get (and therefore look for) in a veteran minimum backup.

I would love to have Pennington as a backup if we could get him for vet minimum. There is no way in hell I want to give him $6 mil a year and have him start.

A team would be nuts to go out and grab Jim Miller, Doug FLutie, Vinny Testeverde, etc and expect him to be the starter. On the other hand, all these guys would be great backups, and could be of tremendous help to Gute and O'Connell.

I would be happy to have all of these guys as a backup QB. I would laugh at any team who gave them millions to be the starter.

I'm probably wasting my time, as I doubt any of this, or anything else you've read, will sink in. I expect you to regurgitate your pap again.

I know it's not nice to enjoy the agony of others. But if Chad has 2 Pro Bowl type games left in him, please let it be the two games against the Jest.

Combine that win our wins over the Jest and I'll pay a premium fee just to read Jetsinsider.

I know it's not nice to enjoy the agony of others. But if Chad has 2 Pro Bowl type games left in him, please let it be the two games against the Jest.

Chad has a very short camp to get acclimatized to a new system and new receivers. Luckily, the one defense he should be best prepared to go up against is the New York Jets. :D

That MIA-NYJ game has gone from snoozefest to fascinating in record time, huh?

That would be too funny for words. First, Lord Favre gets his butt handed to him by Pennington, then the Jests lose again to the Pats at home week 2.

Man, it just couldn't get any better than that!

And they play the Bolts in San Diego week 3.....

If the Jets lose to the Dolphins week 1 it will be too frigging funny. Maybe Penny will be motivated by how they shoo'ed him out of town or when their stupid fans cheered when he got injured and was hobbling towards the sidelines.

ALmost all the threads you've started over the years have been so devoid of football knowledge it's an embarrassment.

This one is no different. Clearly you do not understand football or being a fan.

Everyone has an opinion, but usually these opinions are based on some sort of reality. Go back at look that some of the threads you started.

It's thing to be dumb as a brick. It's something else when a brick thinks he's a brilliant point of light. You've got to expect people to chuckle at you once in a while.

Write this on your bathroom mirror and say it out loud one hundred times every time you go into the bathroom:

What you look for (and can get) in a $10 mil a year starter is not the same as what you can get (and therefore look for) in a veteran minimum backup.

I would love to have Pennington as a backup if we could get him for vet minimum. There is no way in hell I want to give him $6 mil a year and have him start.

A team would be nuts to go out and grab Jim Miller, Doug FLutie, Vinny Testeverde, etc and expect him to be the starter. On the other hand, all these guys would be great backups, and could be of tremendous help to Gute and O'Connell.

I would be happy to have all of these guys as a backup QB. I would laugh at any team who gave them millions to be the starter.

I'm probably wasting my time, as I doubt any of this, or anything else you've read, will sink in. I expect you to regurgitate your pap again.

Ha HA MR. Internet Tough guy spewing out crap from his little keyboard - NOW YOU TOLD ME - WHAT A THRASHING!!! (sarcasm)-- What an *******

Its a shame I don't have that god given talent you have for football,Please Mr. Football professor, show me how I can post such intelligent stuff like you have so masterfully put together for the past several years right from your little coffee table onto the keyboard - I know there is a job at the Herald,Maybe you should take Tomase's place.

That post above was as Pathetic as the hypocrite squad concerning Pennington in this thread.

Pennington playing for Vet Minimum?? - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - What a dreamer!

Now don't forget to make fun of another player because as soon as he becomes available you will be sure to want him on the team and will do the about face so many in here do regularly.

Spacecrime is just another of those flipflop guys we have here who changes his mind on a regular basis as long as it could somehow affect the Patriots in a positive way - its unfortunate but reality -

Just another desperate fan hoping there is a backup QB with TALENT out there grasping at anything he can,Even hoping to get a QB who he said can't throw a 15 yard pass :rolleyes:....sad - I do feel sorry for you :(

Last edited:
Noodle arm does not mean bad QB. We've watched 6 years of Chad Pennington, enough to understand that he has a below averag arm for a starter. That is the Pats' fans knock, a fault we use to redicule a guy that we dislike simply due to the colors he wears on Sunday afternoon.

What can't be forgotten is that Pennington has excellent accuracy and timing, is a good game manager, has proven to be tough (though not durable) and is a relatively classy guy given the way the organization has treated him. I've poked fun at him the past 6 years because he's a Jet, but I also admit that, when healthy, he would start in Miami, Baltimore, Kansas City, Chicago, Minnesota, Atlanta and San Francisco, and would at least compete for a starting job in at least 5 other cities.

Bottom line, noodle arm or not, Pennington is still a legit starter in this league. He is far, far from being Tom Brady, but a number of teams would love to have him behind center right now.

09000d5d809e4535_gallery_600.jpg

We will lose 1 to the Dolphins and win both against the Jets. Just a hunch I have.

Noodle arm does not mean bad QB. We've watched 6 years of Chad Pennington, enough to understand that he has a below averag arm for a starter. That is the Pats' fans knock, a fault we use to redicule a guy that we dislike simply due to the colors he wears on Sunday afternoon.

What can't be forgotten is that Pennington has excellent accuracy and timing, is a good game manager, has proven to be tough (though not durable) and is a relatively classy guy given the way the organization has treated him. I've poked fun at him the past 6 years because he's a Jet, but I also admit that, when healthy, he would start in Miami, Baltimore, Kansas City, Chicago, Minnesota, Atlanta and San Francisco, and would at least compete for a starting job in at least 5 other cities.

Bottom line, noodle arm or not, Pennington is still a legit starter in this league. He is far, far from being Tom Brady, but a number of teams would love to have him behind center right now.

I don't know if many teams like Atlanta or Minnesota or even Tampa Bay were that interested in Chad,if they were you would think they could have tried a bit harder if they wanted Chad - There was little news about teams in a flurry pursuing him - You would think Atlanta would have jumped on him 1 hour after his release if they thought he was going to help their team.

Like I said before and 100 times over - With a guy like Randy Moss you need a QB with a strong arm to get him the ball on the many breakaways he will accomplish during the season - Hell, even Tom underthrew him at times in 2007 because Randy was already past where the ball landed - You don't want a guy at QB who can't get the ball deep and according to some professors in the forum,Chad can't get that done- This offense needs a strong arm similar to what Brady and Manning has.

And the #2 spot on this team at QB will most likely be the guy who can throw it the longest and accurate - So far its too tough to call,But Cassell sucks so its Gutz,O'Connell or a surprise vet signing like Leftwich who will have to get it done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents