PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pennington to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think MangIdiot's feelin a little pressure these days? His job and career are on the line, he spent $100 million in free agents and then dropped another $12 million and a draft pick to rent a 39 year old QB for a year, and now will have to accept the distraction of side by side comparisons, starting with Game 1, between his current and abandoned QB.

This has all the makings of a great drama in which MangIdiot's career goes down before our eyes, to the point where he won't be able to get his old job of ballboy back as organizations expect he'll stab them in the back at the first opportuntiy.

Think MangIdiot's feelin a little pressure these days? His job and career are on the line, he spent $100 million in free agents and then dropped another $12 million and a draft pick to rent a 39 year old QB for a year, and now will have to accept the distraction of side by side comparisons, starting with Game 1, between his current and abandoned QB.

This has all the makings of a great drama in which MangIdiot's career goes down before our eyes, to the point where he won't be able to get his old job of ballboy back as organizations expect he'll stab them in the back at the first opportuntiy.

The beginning of the season is shaping up to be very interesting indeed. Wouldn't it be sweet if Pennington slapped the Penguin around Week One, following by a BB beat-down the following week? Ooooh I can't wait!!

...all they need now is to sign Teresa Glenn and the circle will be complete. :rolleyes:

If you want to call Pennington a health risk, question his durability etc... - I can see that, even though his injuries haven't been of the hang nail type.

But every year that he has started at least 10 games, the Jets have won at least 10 games and made the playoffs.

So yes, he would be an immediate upgrade over Jackson in Minny and any of the Bears QB's. He is a smart football player and makes good decisions. Last year I think the pressure got to him, he was constantly looking over his shoulder and getting booed by the idiots in his home stadium...and then the same morons cheered when he got injured. He had zero support from the penguin and how well did Clemens do?

I hate the Jets but the Pennington hate on this board is beyond comprehension, especially when you actually look at his healthy seasons.

Last edited:
If you want to call Pennington a health risk, question his durability etc... - I can see that, even though his injuries haven't been of the hang nail type.

But every year that he has started at least 10 games, the Jets have won at least 10 games and made the playoffs.

So yes, he would be an immediate upgrade over Jackson in Minny and any of the Bears QB's. He is a smart football player and makes good decisions. Last year I think the pressure got to him, he was constantly looking over his shoulder and getting booed by the idiots in his home stadium...and then the same morons cheered when he got injured. He had zero support from the penguin and how well did Clemens do?

I hate the Jets but the Pennington hate on this board is beyond comprehension, especially when you actually look at his healthy seasons.

Who hates Pennington? Most of us were hoping he'd consider coming here, but he got himself a pretty good deal in Miami.

O.K. Pennington is now a Dolphin - I Now await all the goofballs who called him a noodle arm 15 yard passer then wanted him as a backup when he was released by the Jets can go back and start calling him Noodle Arm again and say he sucks,again - its inevitable so fire away boys,I expect it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
O.K. Pennington is now a Dolphin - I Now await all the goofballs who called him a noodle arm 15 yard passer then wanted him as a backup when he was released by the Jets can go back and start calling him Noodle Arm again and say he sucks,again - its inevitable so fire away boys,I expect it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What don't you understand about the fact that Pennington is a Noodlearm but would make a good vet backup for us, allowing us to keep two developmental QBs (Gute and O'Connell)?

I thought he would make a good backup, and I still do. But he still is NoodleArm. I'll admit that I could make NoodleArm a term of endearment while he played for us, but so what?

Your posts are weird.

Despite the foul feeling I get whenever I do this, I'll be rooting heavily for Pennington and the Dolphins week one. If Miami beats New York, Favre and the Jets are more likely than not to start the season 0-3 (Chargers in week three). That would be beautiful.
Ditto. I don't mind rooting for Pennington. He showed some guts playing hurt and not whining.

And I always root for the Dolphins twice a year - when they play the Jets. When I was younger I used to root for a hurricane to destroy the stadium while they played, but now I realize that innocent spectators would die. I'm more mature now and merely hope that both teams get the galloping squirts from bad sushi or something relatively benign and poop all over each other on the field.

Don't tell AquaVelvaboy, but I'm rooting for the teal and orange to outpoop the Jests, and to outpoop opponents all year long.

It's worth it to root for the Dolphins (see, I can say it - dolphins) to see mangini look foolish.

I Now await all the goofballs
Look in the mirror buddy. No need to wait here for goofballs.

Penny would have been a sh!tty starter for us but a damn solid backup.

Duh, who said they wanted him to start.....and the poster is right, flip flopping goofs all over this joint;):eek:

Duh, who said they wanted him to start.....and the poster is right, flip flopping goofs all over this joint;):eek:
No he's not. He thinks everyone here is stupid because we all laughed at Pennington AS THE JETS STARTER then wanted him AS THE PATRIOTS BACKUP.

Get it ???

No he's not. He thinks everyone here is stupid because we all laughed at Pennington AS THE JETS STARTER then wanted him AS THE PATRIOTS BACKUP.

Get it ???
Sadly, he does not. Nor does the OP.

I actually more worried when we play Pennington than Favre. Call me crazy but it seems like the guy we all call "Noodle Arm" has given the Pats some trouble before.

I actually more worried when we play Pennington than Favre. Call me crazy but it seems like the guy we all call "Noodle Arm" has given the Pats some trouble before.

You're crazy. Favre has given us more. And IMO, game #2 won't be a cakewalk. Don't think we'll lose, but he certainly doesn't make them a worse team.

no trust in cleo lemon?

This is precisely the scenario I'd envisioned. Just think how much more interesting the AFCE is this season. Couple weeks ago the only AFCE interest was "Will Buffallo be improved enough to take the #2 slot and beat the Pats one game?". Now we have Lord Favre making the Pats-Jets games interesting and Penny in Miami making the Jets-Miami games worth watching. All 3 of our rivals will put improved contenders on the field this season. The days of Patriots AFCE sweeps being the most probable outcome are over.

Last edited:

Bingo (the phrase hasn't been retired, right).
Pennington could manage a football game. How many freakin' times did he bring his team down field and score on the Patriots, too many in my memory. The Dolphins always give the Patriots a hard game and people think it will be easier with Chad at qb?

How funny would it be if he beats the jets week 1 lol

That would be frickin' great! Good for the Dolphins ... go get yourself a quarterback. He's the guy that throws the ball, or in your case the guy that hands it off to the other guy who runs with it.

What is so hard about you understading my assessment of some of you???

Here it goes again and hopefuilly you can understand it this time...

Many here taunted Chad for being a noodle arm and a guy that could barely throw for 15 yards downfield AS WAS BLATELY SAID HERE FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS AND NUMEROUS TIMES - If you want me to dig that stuff up for you in the archives I will try to get some famous quotes.

Now before this trade and his release from the Jets,Now some of you all of a sudden said he would make a great backup? -
Excuse me, but if the guy can barely throw for 15 yards how the Fu(k could he make a great backup??

I don't know about you,but if I need a backup in the game I want someone who can throw for more than 15 yards downfield with the likes of Randy Moss as a starting WR, you better have an arm at QB for NE.

Some of the posters here are more laughable than pathetic - Stick to your guns if a player becomes available and stop the BS - if a guy has a flaccid arm then how all of a sudden does he makes a wonderful backup?? - now some of you say he is smart? - Well I may not be the most football professor but I do know you don't win games with just your brain,you use you arm as well - The brain may be willing but the arm must be too

Its obvious here by the flipflop of opinions that some of you are either DESPERATE for a backup QB or just being a hypocrite - its one of the other..PERIOD!!

Remember what you write earlier can bite you in the ass later - just like you did with me and the SF argument last year which I admit I was wrong (but then again Gore and Smith were injured several weeks last year so who knows if it meant another 2-3 games better if they were healthy)

For instance some of the hypocritical statements involved The Randy Moss trade a year ago which turned some of the Moss haters in here into huge fans overnight :rolleyes: - Funny how a player in the uniform of your team flipflops opinions around about a guy you hate with a passion :rolleyes:- sad.

Either you hate a guy or not,The team he is playing on should not change what you think of him,Personally I do not like Marcus Pollard and am hoping he is off the team - and yes,I don't change my mind like some here,even if he is wearing the NE jersey I still can't stand the guy - I hope for the team to win is all that matters and fu(k Pollard,Even if he stays and catches a winning pass,it won't change my opinion of him - Thats what the jerk is getting paid for and what he should do.

This is precisely the scenario I'd envisioned. Just think how much more interesting the AFCE is this season. Couple weeks ago the only AFCE interest was "Will Buffallo be improved enough to take the #2 slot and beat the Pats one game?". Now we have Lord Favre making the Pats-Jets games interesting and Penny in Miami making the Jets-Miami games worth watching. All 3 of our rivals will put improved contenders on the field this season. The days of Patriots AFCE sweeps being the most probable outcome are over.

Ummm. . . . you do know that 2007 was the first time the Pats ever did that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back