PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Drama With the Giants

Hire a game show host as DC and weird things are gonna happen...
As an aside, the original Wink Martindale had the first name Winston. This Wink Martindale is actually Don Martindale, but a college teammate nicknamed him Wink.

Yup. I don't believe for one second that players have just suddenly started having a problem with some of Bill Belichick's decisions. I'm sure some of them ALWAYS have. It's just that if you're winning, those choices are easier to sell. Saying, "We should have kept player X or played him at position Y" looks silly if the team is 14-2, but not as much when you're 4-13.
But he hasn't lost the players other than Mac and Trent Brown.

We saw remarkably little controversy among players this year. Only Jack Jones blew up -- but I suspect Jones will blow up again due to his propensity to attack coaches.

Agreed. No matter how it was parsed, he's not giving up full control at this point. Not after 24 years.

This is why I am still on a 70/30 split that he's gone. I think the push for control of the draft/free agency/player personnel will untimately force Krafts hand to let him walk.
This all depends on what Bill believes he already has here. He may really believe (like I do) that the team needs a QB, LT and WR. If he thinks that, then he may just be more than willing to let someone else lead in acquiring those guys.

Because going to a new team and rebuilding it will take a lot longer than bringing in 3 key players to New England.

Bill wants to win. He may feel he is a lot closer to doing it in New England than anywhere else.

This erosion is well documented as being across all of society, in research on the impact of social media, and the harnessing of it for commercial and political agendas. We are literally losing IQ points (although there's a lot of good research on that being at least in part linked to chemical poisoning.)

Sports in general, and football in specific, are just caught up in that wave. Plus, the tribalism of sports tends to heighten it.

But on the topic of the Giants, why in the world would a head coach fire defensive assistants that work directly for the DC? That's nuts. Sports organizations are so weird.
Because he wants him to resign. $$$$

This all depends on what Bill believes he already has here. He may really believe (like I do) that the team needs a QB, LT and WR. If he thinks that, then he may just be more than willing to let someone else lead in acquiring those guys.

Because going to a new team and rebuilding it will take a lot longer than bringing in 3 key players to New England.

Bill wants to win. He may feel he is a lot closer to doing it in New England than anywhere else.
Plus his life is here. His daughter is still coaching at Holy Cross. Etc.

We saw remarkably little controversy among players this year. Only Jack Jones blew up -- but I suspect Jones will blow up again due to his propensity to attack coaches.

For sure, and he's even had a lot of players publicly have his back. And not just the old guard like Slater and Andrews, but guys like Peppers who's only been here for the two worst seasons. No question players still respect Belichick a whole hell of a lot.

It looks like Daboll apparently had coaches go rogue on him this season which led to him firing two coordinators. Now his defensive coordinator may be next out the door:

Maybe that "Coaching Tree" is more like a poison sumac plant? I don't know why anyone would want someone from BB's "tree" to take if/when he leaves. It seems that his disciples are just poor imitations of BB.

Maybe that "Coaching Tree" is more like a poison sumac plant? I don't know why anyone would want someone from BB's "tree" to take if/when he leaves. It seems that his disciples are just poor imitations of BB.
Belichick's system doesn't work outside Foxboro, regardless of the coach. Hell, it doesn't even work in Foxboro any more. Belichick won't be any more successful on another team than he's been here for 4 seasons.

Every year we see drama with the players, like we didn't see while Tom was here: Mac, Trent, Jack Jones, JCJ, Wynn, Bailey, Bourne, Meyers, Hoyer, Harry, Cam, Winovich, Gilmore, etc. Some posters have convenient and very short memories.

Add to that all of the staffing drama and you have a system that's falling apart at the seams. The product on the field shows it.

What I can't understand is how in the hell Kraft doesn't see this clear pattern. He's in the ****ing building. He must be going senile.

The dynamic with the Giants is that management doesn't allow you to hire your own assistants. It's been that way for awhile now.

This is what you get when you hire a young coach and don't trust them to do the job.

It's on you.

DaBoll better watch out. You don't want to mess with this guy.

208580734_350487039776221_1624297848304311757_n.jpg
I mean honestly...why take the nickname of a gameshow host?

He should be fired for that alone.

Trent Brown, JC Jackson, Jack Jones, Jake Bailey all have had their obvious issues. Brian Hoyer and Jakobi Meyers are believed to have been shown the door for not buying into Patricia as OC. Adrian Klemm apparently is screaming at front office guys and BOB is likely pissed that he couldn't hires own staff. That and the fact a dozen sources talked to Kyed and Callahan for their story and last year multiple sources talked to Karen Gureigan about how dysfunctional 2022 was.

But you're right. Nothing to see here.

Trent Brown, JC Jackson, Jack Jones, Jake Bailey all have had their obvious issues. Brian Hoyer and Jakobi Meyers are believed to have been shown the door for not buying into Patricia as OC. Adrian Klemm apparently is screaming at front office guys and BOB is likely pissed that he couldn't hires own staff. That and the fact a dozen sources talked to Kyed and Callahan for their story and last year multiple sources talked to Karen Gureigan about how dysfunctional 2022 was.

But you're right. Nothing to see here.
Don't forget Matt Corral pulling a disappearing act, Bailey's dispute last season, Wynn being a malcontent, Bourne in the dog house, Boutte posting "set me free", Cam leaving team to get a 2nd opinion, Gilly not trusting Pats medical staff, Wino going rogue.

Upstutter1 is a clown.

Don't forget Matt Corral pulling a disappearing act, Bailey's dispute last season, Wynn being a malcontent, Bourne in the dog house, Boutte posting "set me free", Cam leaving team to get a 2nd opinion, Gilly not trusting Pats medical staff, Wino going rogue.

Upstutter1 is a clown.
I will never forget him telling me that Thornton "played well" in a game he played 3 snaps in and was benched after the third when he ran the wrong route lol.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back