PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats were interested in trading 4 Fitzgerald in 2013 but never initiated trade talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be a long offseason!!!!

Thats not the julian edelman i last saw. Anyways hes probably uglier iowa hillybilly. 4 the record, im not one making useless comments bout typo"s like im a grammer cop of the forum. Arent we supposed to b expressing opinions here anyways? Obviously peeps around here have no life and need to grow up. Your not going to agree with everybodys opinion. U dont c me insulting bad ideas i dont agree with. Sorry just not much bothers me more than a rude coward behind a keyboard

Please stop, hopefully you're really young or this is just embarrassing. Reading your posts is painful.

Serious question: would you trade Gronk for Fitzgerald?

A couple of seasons ago I would have said no way. But with Gronk continuously missing in the biggest games, and with the fact that his style of play probably won't let him have a career past 28-30 (and that's being generous) I would seriously consider it.

Having said that, it would be amazing to have both Gronk and Fitzgerald on the field at the same time.

No way. 10 char

Also remember the rumors the Pats were going to send their 1st rounder for Victor Cruz instead of signing Amendola or Welker? They were definitely trying to get an elite WR....

Captain Obvious says "they failed".

Generating headlines and giving fans false hope is what Curran is doing. Not to mention Ian Rappaport shot that down by stating Cardinals never heard from the pats with Curran responding they thought about it etc etc....

The ones that don't follow the team closely will get excited and that will be followed by disappointment when the FO doesn't make it happen. Lets quit while we are ahead.

Since we are dreaming
Resign - Talib,Edelman, Blount
Go get: C Alex Mack, WR Nicks, DE Michael Johnson

Imagine if another team's beat reporter tweeted that another team had expressed interest in trading for Chandler Jones and did not immediately follow up with that team never called the Patriots.

What would be Patriots' fans' reaction to that tweet?

you can't write English correctly, you use hindsight as proof of your claims and you want to tell Kraft to make Belichick do what you want him to....sounds like a perfect time to put in YOUR resume over at Patriot Place...I'm sure we'll all be calling you "Coach Superpats" by the end of April.

I stopped trying to read his posts. It felt like I was reading really long Tweets from a second grader with iPhone he just got and wasn't used to the keyboard yet.

So many fans are going to get their hopes up over this like stated...and be sad when he doesn't come here...so just plan on him not being a patriot for the rest of his career

I stopped trying to read his posts. It felt like I was reading really long Tweets from a second grader with iPhone he just got and wasn't used to the keyboard yet.

Memo to self: Do NOT attempt any posts from my iPhone

The Patriots likely put out "feelers" all the time for various players that we never hear about. That hardly means that they were even in the early stages of actually striking a deal, and that's IF this is even true. According to Tom Curran, the NEP never reached out to ARZ, and I tend to trust Curran over just about any reporter anymore.

According to Jason and Over the cap.com
:

"The contract of Fitzgerald brings up another point that I’ve touched on a few times which is the general view on paying certain players in the QB realm. The average veteran QB earns around $15 million and there are only 6 non-QB’s in the NFL that earn in the ballpark of the starting veteran QB- Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Darrelle Revis, Mario Williams, Adrian Peterson, and Julius Peppers. Fitzgerald’s team is just 16-23 since he signed his extension and the combined records of those players is just 69-100 with Peterson’s Vikings being the lone team to make a playoff appearance. These players can be salary drivers for others in the NFL, but if the lack of success continues the League will likely continue the pullbacks in salary to all positions except Quarterback.

It is virtually impossible to pay both a franchise QB AND a franchise WR in the salary cap era, specifically lately in the flat cap era. They just don't produce winners on anything of a consistent basis.

Although I think the Pats trading for Fitzgerald is probably a few shades less of impossible to happen, I think a team could trade for Fitzgerald and pay him and a franchise QB. You gotta remember that the Cards would have eaten a large portion of his contract that wouldn't come with the trade. Most if not all of his guaranteed money would not come with him to the new team. The new team could redo his deal and give him an extension to make his contract more manageable. Granted, he would have to agree to it.

I do agree that the Pats couldn't have given Fitzgerald the contract Arizona gave him and kept Brady on the same roster though.

JOKE, til i get home im typing on android with viruses n cant c the screen really or what im typing how it looks. NOT that its any your business dude. Even when Im on my desktop, im kindo of a lazy typer unless im writing something to be graded. But since u seem to have nothing better to do than grade grammer on here,ill b sure on here to use proper flawless grammer from here on. K? Cool?

As for my comments did i lie or say something that isnt clearly what he has done in past. has it ever worked out? Do you see any of last 5 superbowl champs trying his tactics? Hasnt he said in past he loves vets but rookies are a hassle? Has he ever fallen for an overpayed an average player because he liked that player personally? You know the answer to that. Hey dude, hey dude im just expressing my ideas to improve our team. Im just starting with the obvious and the basics.

This is one of the worst posts I have ever read.

People with terrible grammar---stop saying that we are Grammar Police because you cannot spell or type! It is not ok to hurt our eyes with your complete disregard for the written word. The only way we can communicate here is through written word, and if you're just vomiting all over the damn screen it's not going to work out. Playing the "Grammar Police" card is like telling people "I cannot make cogent points and am not good at communicating but you still have to listen to me!" It's wildly unfair.

Hey dude, hey dude, also, let me answer your...HEY DUDE, let me answer your question. Chad Ochocinco fits your example. I also don't believe I have ever read/heard Belichick say rookies are a hassle. Eugene Wilson, Blue Gay, Chandler Jones, McCourty, Light, Seymour, etc...none were hassles.

Kenny B, you LIKED that post? Goodness.

Please be younger than 17, superpats, it's your only excuse. K? Cool? K?

Take it for what it is worth, Felger claims he spoke to someone in the media who knows the Patriots intimately and he said he wouldn't be surprised if they dangled Rob Gronkowski for Fitzgerald (I assume with draft picks to go along with it).

Still think it is incredibly unlikely the Pats try to trade for Fitzgerald more than an inquiry, but I figured that I would float it out there since Felger said it.

We're hearing multiple rumors now that Gronkowski is being used as a trade chip for a big name WR. Now, they could be just that, rumors. But if there's some truth to it, I think it shows they have some serious questions about his ongoing health, and/or his commitment to football. Lots of off-season stories about Gronk, as well as question marks surrounding his eagerness to return to the field.

I won't be surprised if this is all nothing and we start week one with Gronk at TE, but it's interesting to consider nonetheless.

We're hearing multiple rumors now that Gronkowski is being used as a trade chip for a big name WR. Now, they could be just that, rumors. But if there's some truth to it, I think it shows they have some serious questions about his ongoing health, and/or his commitment to football. Lots of off-season stories about Gronk, as well as question marks surrounding his eagerness to return to the field.

I won't be surprised if this is all nothing and we start week one with Gronk at TE, but it's interesting to consider nonetheless.

Honestly where have you heard these rumors? I haven't seen one anywhere

I remember hearing the Patriots taped the Rams walkthrough leading up to the Bowl in 2007...and then Tomainase came out and PRINTED IT to copy.

yeah, I'll wait for the DVD to come out on this "report".

Just here, admittedly, though one came from a Schefter tweet I believe. Johnson and Foster for Gronk was the floated deal. And then this latest one from Felger. Again, not hard sources by any means, but it bears watching.

I just posted that Felger said he heard that from a media member close to the Patriots although he did not say who and how real the rumor is.

There are definitely rumors out there, but they are just rumors.

Just here, admittedly, though one came from a Schefter tweet I believe. Johnson and Foster for Gronk was the floated deal. And then this latest one from Felger. Again, not hard sources by any means, but it bears watching.

Here is the Schefter Tweet:

Source told me at Media Day that Patriots looking to shop Rob Gronkowski this offseason to Houston for Andre Johnson and Arian Foster.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchelter/status/428278492233342977

I think this would be a stupid trade and if I am the Texans, I take it in a second. How much does either Foster or Johnson have left? A couple of years each?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe