PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats were interested in trading 4 Fitzgerald in 2013 but never initiated trade talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if fitzgerald is the type of WR who wants a ring right now over $$. Becasue he won't get one in AZ.

Re: CBSsports: The Pats were interested in trading for Fitzgerald last offseason.

Sorry, I should have given credit where credit is due. Tom Curran reported it on Twitter:

Individual just told me Pats were interested in dealing for Larry Fitzgerald last offseason. And this person I believe without reservation

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/428269563495473152

Mods, please give credit to Prentice McCray... ummm...Tom E Curran... in the headline.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Re: Curran: The Pats were interested in trading for Fitzgerald last season.

I applaud us doing the do diligence and taking the initiative to go after such a player. This whole "we don't do/spend enough in FA" has got to stop. Like BB says he's building a team not collecting talent so when you have a talented player that is a fit for the team, were going to attempt to bring them in. I honestly think we're going to surprise some people this offseason with a couple of names nobody would expect. The safety position, defensive end and WR/TE are prime candidates for those "names".

Well that is interesting.

Like Curran but I put this with.

1) TB will not start the season due to knee problem and "I have been told this". How did that workout?

2) Cassel will not be franchised due to spygate and union will get involved. How did that workout?

3) "Everyone I talked to told me there is no way Moss is being traded". I flip on espn breaking news Moss to Vikings. How did that workout?

Like Curran but I put this with.

1) TB will not start the season due to knee problem and "I have been told this". How did that workout?

2) Cassel will not be franchised due to spygate and union will get involved. How did that workout?

3) "Everyone I talked to told me there is no way Moss is being traded". I flip on espn breaking news Moss to Vikings. How did that workout?

I gave Curran as much crap as anyone for the Brady article, but what he did was reported the worst case scenario and made it sound like it was a strong possibility. Whether that is how he was given the information as if it was a realistic possibility or he just made it sound that way, I don't know.

we knew through twitter last year and articles on profootballtalk.com...that they were looking into it

I believe Curran here - interesting timing of this "leak" if you will, so soon after the Angelo comments....to remind us all this was rumored last offseason.

I would love to see this move, though.

He may be available this offseason. The Cardinals insist they aren't going to keep him at his current number, and Fitzgerald insists he isn't going to restructure.

We'll see....

Hopefully they can make the deal this year. Brady to Fitzgerald would be a juggernaut by itself. Brady to Fitzgerald with improved play by Dobson in year two, a healthy Gronk and Amendola, and a running game with a competent pass defense would be Super Bowl bound.

I have to wonder what the compensation would have been, had a deal been reached. Have to think it was a first rounder plus the amount the team would have been on the hook for with regard to Fitz's contract. I would love to see him sporting a Pats uniform.

He may be available this offseason. The Cardinals insist they aren't going to keep him at his current number, and Fitzgerald insists he isn't going to restructure.

We'll see....
Why do you keep spruiking this despite no evidence to support it?

Tom Curran just tweeted

"Right. Which is why I didn't indicate it got as far as talks. Rt. “@RapSheet: @brian_mcintyre @tomecurran First Cards have heard of this.”

Tom Curran just tweeted

"Right. Which is why I didn't indicate it got as far as talks. Rt. “@RapSheet: @brian_mcintyre @tomecurran First Cards have heard of this.”

The gun has been jumped. Where is the "interest" in trading for Fitzgerald if talks didn't even so much as commence?

I gave Curran as much crap as anyone for the Brady article, but what he did was reported the worst case scenario and made it sound like it was a strong possibility. Whether that is how he was given the information as if it was a realistic possibility or he just made it sound that way, I don't know.

Curran's words on Comcast was he has a "family to feed" and he does not make things up. He made it sound as if every other reporter was wrong and he was right which turned out he was beyond wrong.

Arizona: We were thinking a first and a third.
BB: I was thinking Jeff Demps.

The Patriots will never have Larry Fitzgerald.

I repeat:

I think maybe it was a possibility before Bruce Arians was hired but just that and I don't think he will be going anywhere else anytime soon.

I repeat:

I bet you a lot of people said the same about randy moss. But i agree..$$ is too high with issues at OT...TE..ect ect

Teams look into players all the time. Hell i bet a lot of other teams looked into the same idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back