PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade happy today and it is making it me sad: Traded Late Round pick for Jerel Worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you Gymrat?

Guys, I'm all for a football player being in terrific game shape,not breaking bench press records. Strength is just part of it. I like players having top endurance/flexibility/agility/strength/ field and positional awareness. And realize games are every week but preparation is a full time job. And take pride in knowing they are playing at their max levels and wanting to be better football players than their last game as an individual player and as part of a team. Our whole team treating their career as a pro athlete like Jerry Rice. Although it would be nice for a WR/TE jerk Sherman off the ground at the snap. :)

If a players workout stats transfer to the field and he is a player then better workout ##'s are just an indication his work is paying off through better endurance/faster 10 and 40 times as well as other drills. Jerel Worthy is known as lazy. He isn't bad for a lazy player. He had 3 sacks as a rookie in part time play. He also had an acl injury last yr. So he hasn't been a bust and he did OK for a team that limits rookies snaps with 3 sacks while being lazy/unfocused. Couple that with a patriot work ethic which he will adopt if he wants to collect NFL paychecks and he could be special. Especially if teammates who work even harder than team standards rub off on him. Raw talent to be a standout player is there.

I'll take that as a "yes."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back