PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats take Garret Mills in the 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
JDSal45 said:
Mills has great hands and finds the seams. He is an h-back/fullback. He reminds me of Todd Christensen if anyone is old enough to remember him.

J D Sal
Wow.

So between Thomas and Mills we got our versions of Novacek and Christensen.

I'll take it and the almost 11,000 yards these two guys racked up in their careers :rocker:

Wonder which Tight End we'll be taking at #118.

holyredeemer said:
This selection proves my offensive theory correct.
I liked your theory. I didn't find it offensive at all :D

holyredeemer said:
This selection proves my offensive theory correct. For those of you not in the know, I'll tell ya. By drafting young, mobile OL the last few years, BB wasnt just trying to fill need, he was gauging the idea of an offensive change. Add in the pick of Maroney who many consider to be alot like Clinton Portis, coupled with the pick of Dave Thomas, who isnt going to be used as a TE at all, and that explains this pick of Mills, who will bew hopefull filling our 3rd TE spot. Anyways, sorry I am bad at trying to explain things in print.
Well, I am just trying to say that I thing the Pats are going to move towards a Redskins style offense. A zone block scheme RB in Maroney, another WR who can hit the middle. Ben Watson, dual receiving threat....
I mean the similarities go on, Thomas will play the role of Chris Cooley. Our offense is going to be groomed to what an offense should be. Agressive, and smack mouth. Time consuming and easy on the QB.
Imagine all of Brasdys options and all of the things this team can do with all of these weapons. They are all very multi-dimensional and can line up all over the field. I personally am very excited, and as far as the D goes. Either BB is VERY confident in who we have now on the squad, or perhaps has something in the works. Either way, I trust him.

I completely agree. Should add up to a new look on Offense (not that what they had was so bad) as long as they can get the pieces in place by September. Also, acknowledges the impact of losing Givens...

I seem to recall BB blowing smoke about the depth of the Defensive talent in the Draft a little while back... Let's face it, he set this up last year by stockpiling picks for 06 and focusing on bread-and-butter choices in 05. I think Piolichick is going to make a couple of moves on D under the Cap that will surprise us...and with Rodney and Seymour in place (McGinest loss hurt, but he he is definitely towards the end of a great career)...

I think they've looked around the Division and Conference, looked at their schedule and concluded that everyone else can be had this year...still don't understand letting Number Four get away, but I've still got them in Miami...

Yup!

I think if we list Mills as a FB, everyone will be much happier about the pick.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Wow.

So between Thomas and Mills we got our versions of Novacek and Christensen.

I'll take it and the almost 11,000 yards these two guys racked up in their careers :rocker:

SaCaCh said:
Love this pick. If anyone watched the OK/Tulsa game this year, you would know what this guy is all about. Almost singlehandedly beat OK. Has tremendous Heart.

Stoops says so too:

One person who’s going to be happy to see Mills take the leap to the NFL ranks is Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops. After a Sooners victory against Tulsa, Stoops still reflected some frustration and admiration in regards to Mills when he said, “We still haven’t stopped that guy,†after the Tulsa receiver grabbed 13 passes for 152 yards against Oklahoma’s defense.

Garrett Mills

Check out his video:

mms://a1272.v10869e.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1272/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/16410/open/tls/2005/mfb/video/archive10/GarrettMillsAllAmerica2.wmv

Looks like a dynamic player.could be pretty nasty on third downs, how can you account for all the weapons?

Granted I only saw Mills in one game this year, it was obvious to me that he was a pro from the start. I think he would be better suited as a pass catching TE. He has unbelievable hands and a winner's determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe