PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats still need someone who can rush the passer

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of now are passrushers are Banta-Cain, Cunningham and Crable.

The reality is that Belichick drafted Cunningham because he thought he was better than Dunlop, probably on very good authority. I am not sure that we would be having this discussion if we drafted Kindle or Dunlop. We'd just expect them to step in and contribute. Cunningham is as good. The open question is when he will be ready to be a major contributer.

Last year, we used Banta-Cain and Burgess. I expect us to bring in a couple of veterans to compete with Ninkovich and Crable for their roster spots. We seem set with Banta-Cain, Woods and Cunningham for three of the five roster spots.

This could be another long season. Our offense is gonna have to carry our team again.

For the most part, pass rush comes from scheme not individual talent. (Contrary to popular belief) That is why the best pass rushing teams usually have numerous players contributing to the sack totals and the team with 'great sack guys' don't do so well as a team.

My opinion is that we have assembled players we can put on the field that have pass rush skills (Warren, Wright, TBC, Crable, Cunningham, Ninkovich, etc) and improved coverage as well as the overall play of the defense to put us in more situations where we can scheme pressure instead of being in 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 3 with a secondary that cant cover.

Thank You Andy

Please send this to "every passer" hysteric on this board.

The only thing I would add is that it if you play an elite offense, your nickel/dime receivers better be able to cover 3/4/5 receivers.

It's amzing that anyone who watched the Jets get crushed in the AFCCG can't comprehend this and continue to call for a "pass rusher". Superior coverage always works...better with blitzes mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back