PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Sign Brandon Browner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's highly likely that although he may not be playing safety per se, he will see a lot of snaps doing something a linebacker or safety generally does. Covering TEs. Put him on a TE, or a bigger, slower receiver, then use revis and dennard on the other primaries, and you let that front 7 do whatever the hell it wants to do.

So technically saying he plays that SS role isn't entirely incorrect if you look at it like that, because he would essentially be a hybrid S/CB. And THAT is perfect, because it makes the defense all that more dangerous.

Browner gonna play everywhere.

If you look at our schedule this year, we are gonna play some teams with elite receivers. One team that comes to mind is Chicago with Marshall and Jefferies. He'll man one guy while obviously Revis mans the other.

Nick Underhill on twitter shot down the notion of Browner playing safety , because zone coverage was his weakness. Browner strength, is literally when he puts his hands on a receivers chest, that play is dead for them. The picture I have is when we play the Broncos, Revis on D. Thomas, and Browner will follow and play man on J. Thomas. I'm guessing BB plan for Browner is he's going to be the guy that lines up across from the TE all game long. He has the strength and athleticism for it. Which frees up an LB.

This is all me guessing here. Here's hoping whatever plan BB has comes to life and isn't derailed by injuries.

Also, sucks he's going to miss the first 4 games!

After this news, I hope they don't play KC in the first 4 games. I want to see THAT D.

I'm DEFINITELY goin to this game vs Broncos no matter when it is.

Just watch, the NFL is going to move the Denver game into the 1st 4 games of the year just so their beloved Peyton doesn't have to face Browner. It'll probably be the home opener.

after Revis we have now Browner ! very very good

now he CB looks ok : Revis, Browner, Ryan, Dennard, Arrington

an upgrade for sure

AVANTI COSI' PATRIOTS !!!

Dennard and Ryan should be getting Arringtons slot reps. That contract to Arrington last year still makes no sense at all. The best part of Arringtons game was when BB put him in as DE with a hand in the dirt. I think it in prevent defense schemes.

I agree; I'd be fine with Revis/Browner/Dennard/Ryan/Mid-Round-Rookie as our CBs and that 4m on Arrington is better spent on a the front 7.
4m on who is hopefully 5th on the depth chart is a waste.

I'm hoping Browner becomes SS and that allows one or two of Dennard/Ryan/Arrington to stay on the field for the majority of the plays

Just watch, the NFL is going to move the Denver game into the 1st 4 games of the year just so their beloved Peyton doesn't have to face Browner. It'll probably be the home opener.

No way is that game going to not be 11/2 or 11/9 on NBC. Way to big of a match-up and chance it could be last Manning-Brady regular season match up to take out of November Sweeps month.

Before anyone says that CBS will not go 2 years with out Brady-Manning regular season match up. Well precedent has 04-06, 08-09 years CBS went without that regular season match up.

Browner can do it all at a fairly high level and other things at an extremely high level. You will think he is beat, then he will reach out those arms and get his hands on the ball.

Opposing fans fans will hate you for having him as he knocks guys off their routes. He doesn't lose any scrums and is the nastiest DB you can find. Earl Thomas and Chancellor were groomed by Lawyer Milloy. ET credits Milloy for setting the tone in the backfield. Thomas and Chancellor got with Browner and Sherman and those were the rules they played by. I LOVE that NE got him because he is so versatile and has that background.

He will get penalties, but be patient, Browner is the guy that comes up with the play after the opposing offense is in the RedZone. He will get a fumble on the 1, then return it for a score. Not quick, but fast in that once he is running no one catches him.

The guy chased down Adrian Peterson who broke a 79 yard run, only to have Browner come from the opposite side of the field to catch him. As long as Revis is out there, Browner will be a huge factor. So happy for you guys and I am glad the Pats are not on our schedule. Revis? Sure... Revis and Browner? Oh hell no.

So browner signed officially. Revis has not yet but we know his contract details and no Browner details? Or did i miss it?

What Seahawks fan have to say about Browner. Basically all but one poster have very positive things to say about him:

Seahawks.NET - The Voice of the 12th Man! ? View topic - Browner signs with Patriots

Seahawks.NET - The Voice of the 12th Man! ? View topic - Brandon Browner

You won't read any real negative stuff about Browner from most Seahawks fans. other than the suspension stuff we all love his play. If they weren't deep in DBs we would be hating to see him go. We hate it as it is, but we can't afford him and there are not enough snaps for him to justify the kind of money he deserves.

There just isn't many seahawk players they would rip at this point, for the first time in I don't know. .. forever. Maybe one or two o line players.

You won't read any real negative stuff about Browner from most Seahawks fans. other than the suspension stuff we all love his play. If they weren't deep in DBs we would be hating to see him go. We hate it as it is, but we can't afford him and there are not enough snaps for him to justify the kind of money he deserves.

There just isn't many seahawk players they would rip at this point, for the first time in I don't know. .. forever. Maybe one or two o line players.

Awesome, thanks.

Hope to see a good SB this year with the Pats vs Seahawks. Denver wasn't able to put up much of a fight against you last year (and to be honest, we wouldn't have either) and they most likely won't be able to this year. But Pats vs Seahawks could be an interesting one. I think you guys will get there again.

Awesome, thanks.

Hope to see a good SB this year with the Pats vs Seahawks. Denver wasn't able to put up much of a fight against you last year (and to be honest, we wouldn't have either) and they most likely won't be able to this year. But Pats vs Seahawks could be an interesting one. I think you guys will get there again.

The Pats would have never let that game get out of hand like Denver did. I can see NE getting back in 2014, but I honestly don't see the Hawks getting back right away just because of the difficulty in sustaining. The Pats fricking get to the AFCC like it is second nature. Unbelievable. Dang they are good.

The Pats would have never let that game get out of hand like Denver did. I can see NE getting back in 2014, but I honestly don't see the Hawks getting back right away just because of the difficulty in sustaining. The Pats fricking get to the AFCC like it is second nature. Unbelievable. Dang they are good.
+1 It amuses me how some people now see the Seahawks as an unstoppable juggernaut by virtue of the fact that they had the perfect matchup in the Super Bowl and whupped Captain Choke Artist. Beating Denver last year doesn't mean they're just going to stroll to Super Bowl 49.

Everyone seems to forget that in the playoffs, they barely held on to beat the Saints and then they really barely held on to beat the 49ers. They are a very beatable team.

You da man Pete!

pete-carroll.gif

Thanks for Browner!

...by virtue of the fact that they had the perfect matchup in the Super Bowl and whupped Captain Choke Artist.

You had me at "hello."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference